If you are a PC gamer and have installed some of the Epic Games, you might come across a missing or corrupted DLL error like below.
Epic games that use this program are – The Evil Within, Far Cry 4, Assassin’s Creed 4, and some browsers like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Naturally, if you are facing an issue with the DLL file, you will not be able to operate your games or system properly.
Why Does DLL Error Occur?
The problems related to this compiler file can be because of many reasons – if your application has become corrupted somehow if the file has been deleted or misplaced or even damaged by any malicious software that was downloaded on your PC. It could also happen if you have damaged the windows registry somehow.
What Are The Error Messages We Can Get Because Of The Missing DLL File?
Some of the error messages you will receive are as below –
- “The program can’t start because d3dcompiler_43.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.”
- “There was a problem starting d3dcompiler_43.dll. The specified module could not be found.”
- “Error loading d3dcompiler_43.dll. The specified module could not be found.”
- “The code execution cannot proceed because d3dcompiler_43.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.”
It also includes the most common DLL error message that we have depicted above.
How to Solve This Problem?
The problem with a DLL file error is that it can happen for many reasons. If you have had updated windows recently and the file was also modified, whereas other programs were using it, you can get this error. If the graphics card drivers were updated or some programs were removed, even in that case, you might face this.
Running the troubleshooter or deleting the DLL file altogether to download it from the Internet and replacing it will do you no good. You never know which version your DLL file was on, and it might completely be corrupted by downloading a version that is not compatible with the programs at this point.
You can run the Epic Games launcher DirectX back to install the games or even reinstall your PC operating system altogether. But they are nuclear options, and you should not take them because there is a simpler solution available that could fix it.
You have to reinstall the d3dcompiler_43.dll back on the PC properly. It should be placed in the windows system folder or the game /application installation folder, depending on what is required by the games you are playing.
- You should have the direct X and C++ installed. Then navigate to the system 32 and sysWOW64 folders and delete the D3DCOMPILER_43.dll from both places.
- The next step is to reinstall the DLL file.
Go to site dlldownloads.com and extract the file to a directory on your PC. Once extraction is complete, you should place it in the directory, which is throwing this error and requesting this file. If you are using a 32-bit program, then use 32 bit DLL file for it. 64 bit DLL file for 64-bit program.
Now Solve Your Problem
1. Restart your computer and see if the problem was fixed.
2. If the above step would not fix the issue, you can place the DLL file in the system directory in the following paths, depending on your OS: C:\Windows\System32 (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10).
3. Keep a backup of the original DLL and replace any existing file.
4. Restart and the problem should be fixed.
5. If even this did not solve the issue, you have to try registering the DLL file.
6. Open the command prompt and then run as administrator.
7. Type regsvr32 “filename”.dll and Enter.
8. If you are using a 32 bit DLL file on a 64-bit windows program, open the command prompt and type the following cd c:\windows\syswow64\, and then press enter.
9. Next, type this – regsvr32 c:\windows\syswow64\”filename”.dll and press enter.
10. Restart your system, and that should fix the problem.
Follow the steps mentioned above, and you will be able to solve the error. Still feeling stuck? Let us know in the comments below.