Today, a mobile phone is not used just for communication. It has now become an incompatible part of our life. The satisfying development of Android and iOS technology has now started to compete with a PC. Most of the regular tasks, we handle with a PC, can be dealt with a smartphone. It has been possible because of the development of internal applications and software. File manager apps are such a great invention for both Android and iOS device users, which let us handle different files and documents with a PC. So, a smartphone without an elegant file manager app is not completely smart.
Best File Manager Apps for You
With a file manager app, you can save you time and make your different tasks more manageable. Thinking of it? Well, you must receive lots of documents and files for your job, study, or other reasons. A file manager app will always there for you to receive and store those files and documents. It will also organize them in such a way that you will find any of them within a second. Besides, it can access the image, audio, and video files of your phone as well. So, you must understand how important it is. Here, I have given a list of 20 best file manager apps for both Android and iOS device. You can make a selection easily, I hope.
1. File Manager
File manager is a must-have for any Android or smartphone user to comprehend his or her devices fully. It helps in many ways, and File Manager is one of the most versatile Android file browsers, and it is free to download from PlayStore. It is very compact in size and easy to access with its easy system functionality.
- Provides fully featured functionality and cloud integration for better management.
- Offers very easy to use system UI and you can view and edit how your system files are stored in the devices.
- Let’s you access and manage all your installed applications and files in the system.
- Provides cutting edge storage analysis system that lets you clean up useless files and folders.
- Lets you access your mobile devices storage from your personal computer at any time.
2. Documents by Readdle
It is always a convenience to have a central file manager or exploring hub into your iPad or iPhone devices. Documents by Readdle is one of the finest and easy to use iPhone file managers. It is free to download and provides full-fledged functionality along with lots of different and useful features. Are you curious? Have a look here for more about it.
- Provides easy to use functionality and beautiful system interface for better management.
- Lets you import and access files from both ends from your personal computer and iOS devices.
- Offers fully functional and featured file managing system which lets you create, pack, and unpack any files and folders.
- Integrated with cloud storage access and corporates with accessible cloud servers.
- Lets you watch or play music and video files with its internal player as you explore your location storage.
- Provides document files reading options and smart search capabilities.
3. File Manager by Astro
To use your mobile devices properly, File Manager apps are a must to have. But not all devices of any platform come with file managing apps as pre-installed. File Manager by Astro is a very compact and versatile app that is free to have in your Android devices. It is packed with premium features and functionality.
- Lets you manage your total phone’s storage and comes up with storage saving capabilities.
- Offers fully functional clean up options and lets you free your device from unwanted junk files.
- Gives you the opportunity to look into the external memory and SD cards in a smart way.
- Provides cloud storage access and lets you manage the cloud storage as you like.
- Lets you easily explore and organize your files and folders, also lets you categorize different files for your convenience.
4. File Manager
File Manager is an essential part of any Android devices. It is free to use and can be found in the PlayStore, and it is compact of size for better compatibility for any modern mobile devices. It is equipped with latest and useful functions along with accessible system interface and functionality.
- Offers top tier managing functionality in your mobile devices similar to any computer software with full personalization.
- Lets you search any file in your mobile device smartly and provides comfortable compression and decompression capabilities.
- Comes with clean and smooth system UI and supports almost all the capable devices.
- Provides downloading capabilities from FTP servers and other cloud storage solutions.
- Gives you the opportunity to zip and use password protection for any file in your storage if you want.
5. File Manager: free and easily
Mi File Manager is free and open for all multifunctional file managing app. It is very secure and equipped with lots of features that are not available in many of its competitors. It supports multiple languages, global support and comes with the integration of MI drop as well as other cool features.
- Shows recent file exploring activities for you help when you visit the file manager.
- Supports file categorization and personalized naming for better management.
- Lets you know about the storage with storage status and provides file cleaning facilities.
- Supports multiple file formats and lets you manage more than one file or folder at a time.
- Offers complete options for file compression for better management of the storage system.
6. X-plore File Manager
Meet X-plore File Manager, a stunning dual panel explorer that is available for both Android and iPhone users. This exclusive file manager has all the standard criteria like storing files, copying and transfer, and so on. Besides, there are tons of rare but useful options like screening two folders at the same time. Encrypting sensitive files is also possible in this app. If you are interested, you can have a glimpse over the features of this app below.
- This X-plore includes music players and essential app manager.
- WiFi file transferring and sharing is possible here.
- You can get access to your device to manage the file from your PC.
- Easy to share, view, copy, delete, compress to ZIP, move, rename files.
- It can show you the SQLite database files.
7. File Manager App
Again, it’s an iPhone file manager. It will be the perfect file manager app for the iPhone and iPad users, who want to experience the file managing quality of Windows Explorer in a PC. To make an organized arrangement for all the files in your IOS device, it has a good number of attractive features. To be more specific about this app, you should spend a few seconds to learn about them.
- Importing files from Dropbox is very easy and quick.
- You can move, copy, print, zip, delete and organize any file of your device within a few seconds.
- You can import iTunes, Dropbox, Email service, etc using this app.
- You can view files of different operations like PDF files, MS Office documents, etc.
- Available for all the versions of iPhone and iPad.
8. Moto File Manager
Motorolla Users will get a super advantage with this great file manager for Android, Moto File Manager. You can organize files, stored in both of the internal storages and the SD cards very quickly using this app. Almost all kind of files are allowed to copy, share, rename, move, delete, and zip very quickly. Also, there are a good number of useful features which will make your tasks easier.
- Browsing files regarding the categories is very easy.
- Only one click is enough to transfer tons of pictures, songs, videos, and so on.
- This Android file browser will show storage information of each and every file.
- Global search option is available.
- You can operate this app remotely, that means it can be accessed using your PC.
9. FE File Explorer Pro
FE File Explorer Pro is such a powerful file manager app that you can find both in PlayStore and AppStore. Lots of useful functions and essential features have formed excellent popularity for this app. Moreover, the users of Android and iOS are so, satisfied with it. The local files and computer files, both are allowed to get accessed by it. However, the list below will tell you more about it.
- It can access macOS, Windows, Linux, NAS and almost all the platforms.
- Drives, different servers, SDcards, OTG, etc can get accessed to it.
- You can sort files by their names, size, and dates.
- You can share files using a WiFi connection.
- Options like archive, unarchive, ZIP, etc are available.
- It can access to different cloud storages.
10. iExplorer Mobile
To try the best iPhone file manager, you can try iExplorer Mobile. It is safe, free, and time-saving. Almost all the everyday necessity you may feel about dealing with tons of impo6files and documents, are ready to serve you in this app. Some exciting features are also here as a bonus. So, what do you think of it? Well, you should think after you meet the features. Here you get them.
- Don’t worry about the documents. It supports almost all kind of formats.
- It is easy to stream video and audio files from the Dropbox.
- With your Mac device, you can easily get access to it.
- It will keep your phone storage clean by cleaning the junk files.
- The browsing option is up to your satisfaction.
11. APUS File Manager
APUS File Manager is a next level file manager app you can find in Playstore. This smooth and quick app will be your helpful friend as it will organize all your essential files and documents like a pro. Again, all the options are very smooth and one click is enough to deal with the files in different ways. Get excited? Have a glance over the features.
- Includes powerful file managing system and organization.
- Multiple sharing options for your betterment.
- You can create free trafficking system using it.
- All kind of files including SD card files is supported.
- You can get access to this app using your PC.
12. File Manager & Browser
File Manager & Browser is a great option for you if you are looking for a file explorer for iPhone. It will come as helpful as it will make your tasks easier by organizing all the file in your iOS device. It is very time saving and you will find lots of handy options in this app. However, let’s see what’s more it will provide.
- It has a smooth integration of audio and video files.
- Supports important Cloud storage facilities.
- Supports documents like PDF, MS Office, Excel, iWorks and so on.
- You can share music files with iTunes with a USB.
- Sharing files using WiFi and remotely operating system is included.
- You can also share files using email, Bluetooth, Facebook, and so on.
13. Free File Manager
Next, it is Free File Manage. You can give a try on it if you are looking for a decent, easy to use, and lightweight file explorer for Android. However, iOS device users can’t use it as it is only available for Android. It includes all the basic functions of a world-class file manager. So, I must suggest you go through its feature to get a clear thought of it.
- The space analyzing procedure is satisfying.
- It can clean the Junk automatically and keep your phone storage clean.
- Includes quick search bar and smooth file browsing option.
- Just like a security app, you can also lock particular files and apps using it
- Useful toolbox and easy sharing option are also available.
14. My File Organizer
For many of its users, My File Organizer is the best file manager app for iPhone. So, if you are an iOS user, this app will be a superior choice for you. It is competent and a slim but gorgeous file manager app for iPhone. It includes all the typical features of a standard file manager app. At the same time, there are a lot of exclusive features that will amaze you very soon. However, let’s see what it can provide.
- With it, you can share, store, copy, move, delete, rename files very easily.
- Sharing files with others using a WiFi connection is very easy.
- You can also get access to it with any other Mac operators.
- No hidden charge and free to download and update.
- This elegant iPad file manager can load any documents and presentation alongside the voice memo.
- Includes inbuilt file manager and inbuilt document managers.
15. HTC File Manager
HTC is one of the leading phone brands all over the world. So, individual apps are made for it to enrich the advantages of the users. HTC File Manager is such an exclusive file manager app for Android, especially launched for the HTC users. It has tons of exciting features that will always save your time and make your tasks easier. So, if you are an HTC user, you should pay attention to it first.
- It will organize all the files of your device and make it easy to deal with them.
- The files can be filtered by their types.
- You can sort the files by their names, size, and storing dates.
- You can also mark the files as your favorites.
- Browsing, storing, and managing files, stored in your phone, SD cards, and USB storage, are decidedly more comfortable and time-saving.
You can also try FileApp, another useful document, and iPhone file explorer and also for iPhone users. It can provide all the necessary facilities to manage and store your files just like the Windows Explorer. For any iOS devices, it works great to save your time and effort. If you want to give a try on it, you should look over the features of this app here.
- You can operate it remotely with the help of your Mac devices.
- Files that you receive from any third party operator will automatically save here.
- You can share wireless files using a WiFi connection.
- You manage the audio, music, and video with this app.
- Creating, editing, and deleting text files is very easy for this app.
17. iFiles 2
For iOS users, it is always a convenience to have a file manager in their app collection. iFiles 2 is one of the most well featured all in one file managing hub for your iPhone or iPad and other iOS devices. It is packed with sophisticated features in a very nice and compact user-friendly system interface.
- Supports many file formats and you can view the files directly while exploring.
- Allows PDF file viewing capabilities and instant editing options.
- Provides effective file sharing options from personal computer to your mobile devices and also equipped with online sharing functions.
- Integrated with audio and video player for better management of files and exploring experience.
- Lets you manage file compression easily and offers fully personalized files categorization for better overall storage management.
18. FileMaster-Privacy Protection
It is true that not all file managing apps come with enhanced privacy and security integration. FileMaster is one of the best in class ios file explorer. It comes with a compact and accessible user interface for a better overall experience. It is packed with a lot of useful tools.
- Offers you world-class storage management system as it is ranked among the top apps for file management.
- Comes with built-in audio and video player that instantly opens any media files.
- Equipped with document viewing capabilities, even if you do not have any document viewing app in your system.
- Supports cloud storage for better back up and proper utilization of your device’s storage.
- Offers premium level privacy and protection for your local storage and provides customizable password protection capabilities for individual files.
19. USB OTG File Manager
You can also try USB OTG File Manager. It is not less attractive than others. The main thing in it is, it will allow you to view and copy any files from any USB device. This amazing file manager app includes a good number of an applications management system which will always come as a great benefit for you. However, let’s have a look at the features of this app.
- With it, you can manage all the music and audio of your device.
- Sharing files with others is very easy.
- It will organize all the files of your phone both from its internal storage and SD cards.
- You can access it remotely with your PC.
- You can also manage documents like PDF, MS Words, etc.
- Browsing files and managing pictures and video players are also very smooth.
20. GM Files
Lastly, it is GM Filter, another stunning file explorer for Android. It is effortless to hand and it will organize every file of your Android device smoothly. If you want to share files through WiFi connection with other friends, then it will be beneficial for you. Again, there are lots of useful features, and you can have a look at those features in short, below.
- Includes powerful Cloud Storing operation.
- Have a very friendly interface with 7 beautiful themes.
- It can support the device with multiple languages.
- All the basic operation are very easy here.
- Media analysis tools and extra space for SD cards are available.
- Sharing files through a WiFi connection is easy and quick.
Find some best file manager apps is not easy from the list of thousands of apps in the PlayStore and AppStore. Most of them are unworthy, and you will spend your time for nothing by using them. However, you can be sure that none of the apps from this list won’t disappoint you. Hopefully, your positive feedback will arrive soon with an appreciation of the app, and you are choosing to use.
Still, if something bothers you about these apps, you can ask me frankly. Soon, I will come along to solve it. Thank you for your support.