Cloud Antivirus is a cloud security tool. Many companies offer free cloud antivirus. In this article, we will see the cloud antivirus provider and their reviews.
Cloud internet security/antivirus is antimalware technology. It is lightweight agent software on the protected endpoint. There is a difference between cloud antivirus and traditional antivirus.
In cloud antivirus, small agent software works on the desktop application. It has a connection with central cloud software. This agent software control and monitor cloud internet security by virus signature. For protection and processing of cloud requires little memory footprint.
The central server tracks and reports the threads. As a client can see all report by a normal browser. The different storage service provider also provides free internet cloud security as cloud antivirus. It is used to secure cloud data and protect cloud phishing. You can see several Cloud OS.
1. Panda Cloud Antivirus
Panda Cloud Antivirus is antivirus software developed by Security. They offer both free and a paid version. Panda is cloud-based in the sense that files are scanned on a remote server. Panda does not use the processing power of the user’s machine.
Cloud expertise is based on Panda’s Shared Intelligence. Panda can run continually, providing a guard against viruses and malicious websites. But Panda slows the system to some extent when doing a system scan.
- Developer(s): Panda Security
- Initial release: November 10, 2009; 8 years ago
- Stable release: 16.1.1 / February 2016;
- Operating system: Windows XP and later
- Platform: 32-bit, 64-bit
- Available in: English, German, Spanish, Greek, French, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Turkish and Chinese
- Type: Cloud Antivirus
- License: Proprietary
- It is able to detect viruses like Trojans, worms, spyware, dialers, bad persons and other security risks.
- It relies on its “Collective Intelligence” and the cloud for up-to-date information.
- Panda normally uses an Internet connection to access up-to-date information.
- if the Internet cannot be accessed, it will use a local cache.
- Low memory usage of computer
- Web protection system
- Collective intelligence uses
- Fine program configuration setup
- Good behavioral analysis
- Well handling of hardware resources
- Several other programs may require to disable
- Only home, –no business use
2. Avira Cloud Antivirus
Avira Free cloud Security Suite is a robust antivirus program. It has both a free and paid version.
- Native name: H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbHType: KommanditgesellschaftIndustry: Computer softwareFounded: Germany (1986)
- Founder: Tjark Auerbach
- Headquarters: Tettnang, Germany
- Key people: Travis Witteveen – CEO
- Products: Security software
- Number of employees:500+
- Top Rating product (AV-Test)
- Low resource usage
- Fast full system Scan
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Avira Free Security Suite has much more security than several other premium antivirus programs.
- No live chat available
- Outdated user interface
- Several scanning details are hard to find
- Since Avira is a free program. So Avira displays a lot of pop-up ads. This affects computer speeds.
3. Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud
The Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud is a software creation developed for the centralized management for specific applications through a cloud-based console.
- File Anti-Virus, Web Anti-Virus, Mail Anti-Virus, Network Attack Blocker, System Watcher, Firewall, Application Privilege Control, Device Control, Web Control, and Advanced security settings.
- Kaspersky support 9 language: English, Russian, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Spanish (Mexico), Portuguese (Brazil).
4. McAfee Cloud Antivirus
McAfee is a well-known brand. They launched cloud antivirus to protect cloud data. The important and helpful advantage of using McAfee DLP will have a centralized management console. As a result, it is easy to monitor and control the data loss, antivirus, encryption using a single platform. It offers a valuable dashboard it displays a lot of good MIS reports.
- Easy to install the packages along with cloud Antivirus protection
- Assimilate with McAfee Cloud Data
- Protection for visibility and real-time
- Monitoring of sensitive data of cloud
- Preventing all malicious activities
- Monitor and prevent the maximum percentage of data loss
- Few contents will not be in control
- Difficult to manage the web gateway level security and encrypted files through the data loss.
5. SecureAPlus Cloud Antivirus
SecureAPlus is a second line defense cloud antivirus. It also secured the cloud server. Some benefits are:
- SecureAPlus Detects and removes recognized viruses, Trojan Horses, worms and other known malware.
- Real-time protection around the clock.
- SecureAPlus detailed scanning of your computer.
- It updates the virus list automatically.
- Scans compressed zip files.
- SecureAPlus scans embedded malware in documents like Microsoft Words, Excel and PDF
- As Application Whitelisting
- Blocks bad persons, mutated viruses, targeted attacks, zero-day threats, and other unidentified malware.
- Identifies and permits only trusted programs to run.
- Blocks risky programs or malicious scripts from running.
- Block advanced malware
To protect the cloud data you should have a strong protection system. Antivirus helps to serve the same purpose. Many organization offers many types of antivirus. Some free version is much better than some premium antivirus.
But there is a question of data security. If it is a financial organization then we should focus more on cloud security. A single mistake can hamper you a lot. So each step of online is valuable.
Some Cloud OS provides the antivirus facility. Cloud security can protect you from malware. So be careful about using online data. There are many other cloud security systems. Among them, Kaspersky is popular in the third world country. Macfee, Aviva and Comodo are also valuable.