With the advent of modern technology, every aspect of human life is computerized. People are keeping their data safe using various software. For this purpose, the idea of creating data centers has emerged. A data center is a place where thousands of data are stored. In the beginning, people only knew about storing data physically. As the technology flourished, this idea expanded to ‘cloud storage’ or ‘cloud data centers.’
The cloud data center is a common term nowadays. People now prefer to keep their data online. It reduces the storage cost of data. The maintenance process is also easier than any physical data center. Besides, a cloud data center can keep lots more data than a physical one. These facilities drove people away from using traditional data centers.
However, a cloud data center’s utility depends on its company’s quality. Choosing a cloud data center from a below-ranked company might not satisfy you with its services. This article will make you know some essential matters regarding cloud computing. Besides, it will help you choose the best cloud data center among the available ones.
What are Cloud Data Centers?
Cloud data centers or cloud computing is a modern form of computer service. They provide these services on demand of the clients. A cloud data center contains many databases, storage, software, and other functions for providing networking and analytical functions. The primary significance of cloud computing is it keeps the data saved on the internet, i.e., the cloud.
Owning a cloud data center company to provide this service is unnecessary. One can rent such kinds of services and make them available to others. Cloud computing is a simple process of getting access to stored data. You don’t need to visit the physical data center to find your desired data. With only a few clicks of the mouse, you can get your data and use them as you want.
Besides, most cloud data center companies provide a ‘pay as you go’ service. So, you only have to pay for the storage you have used. It is a budget-friendly procedure indeed. You can find private and public cloud data centers available for your use. If you want to use a data center limited to a specific number of people, you can choose the private one. But, if you do not have a problem sharing your space with many others, the public cloud data center will be enough for you.
Types of Cloud Data Centers
We can classify cloud data centers into three parts as regards their functions. Clients can choose the suitable type according to their facilities. These types are- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). These three types of cloud computing offer clients specific features according to their needs. Here I’m mentioning a brief description of these different cloud data centers.
SaaS is one of the most popular forms of cloud data centers. It allows the clients to access their data from any device. They need to set up an internet connection. We will view their data before them through a web browser. This method is appropriate for offering clients the ‘pay-as-you-go’ facility.
This method of cloud computing is specifically appropriate for business purposes. Here, the service providers handle the maintenance of this server. They always keep the server up-to-date. SaaS ensures quick data access services to its clients. It also protects their privacy.
In PaaS, the third-party providers give the hardware, software, and other necessary tools through cloud service. The service providers host these tools. But, the users can use them to develop their cloud infrastructure, networking, etc.
It is possible to create an entire application using the PaaS of cloud computing. This method has simplified the application development process. However, the service providers have less control over the developing environment created in IaaS.
In IaaS, the cloud service provider offers its clients almost all the facilities a physical data center provides. There is adequate storage and other networking hardware present in the service. Besides the pay-as-you-go feature is also present here. Using a Wide Area Network (WAN) like the internet, anyone can access their data in this service.
There are some other facilities available in IaaS. You can get proper security, monitoring, and back features here. Also, it offers you load balancing, detailed billing features, and log access.
Advantages of Using the Cloud Data Center
There are a lot of advantages to cloud computing. Some of these are mentioned below:
- The cloud data center is a budget-friendly service. It reduces the cost of hardware and other essential tools needed to set up a physical data center. It also cut off the requirements for hiring IT resources. This system substitutes human workers using internet services.
- A cloud data center can provide services with 24/7 uptime.
- The need for employee-based management is pretty less here.
- Cloud computing is more reliable than the physical data center.
- This system does not limit the number of users or resources.
- Cloud computing automatically updates the new software for the benefit of the clients.
- Cloud data centers provide faster service than other manual data centers.
- It allows users to access data from anywhere using the internet.
Cloud Data Center vs. Physical Data Center
There are specific differences between a cloud data center and a physical one. Those are:
A traditional data center is situated in a specific place. So, only limited persons can access the data from it.
The data stored in a cloud data center is accessible to users anywhere and anytime.
A physical data center requires more cost to build up the infrastructure of a manual data center. It has to bear the high cost of buying hardware and software. Its maintenance process also requires money.
A cloud data center requires comparatively less cost for creating and maintaining the data center. It does not need to pay the extra employment costs.
It is costly to scale up the data using a manual data center.
Cloud data centers have suitable plans to scale up data costing no money.
As a physical data center gives access to a limited group of people to access the data, it is much more secure than the online one. The users have total control over their data in this process.
You might think a cloud data center is less secure as it is accessible to all easily. But in reality, it is not valid. The users’ data are kept in safe hands in a cloud data center. No one can access the data of another person without permission. However, there is a risk of getting the cloud account hacked.
Best Cloud Data Center Companies
I have already mentioned the importance and features of using cloud data center companies. Now, you might be curious about using such a virtual data center. I have listed the best 15 cloud data center companies to make you choose the best one. Let us have a look.
1. Google Cloud
Google Cloud is a service provided under the supervision of Google. It offers a lot of valuable services to its clients. This online data storage ensures the safety and privacy of its users. Also, it offers an intuitive cloud computing environment full of various features. It supports AI machine learning and API management facilities. Besides, it contains hybrid and multi-cloud functions for advanced users.
Google Cloud includes G suits and GCP in its programs. In solving various business challenges, this cloud data center works great. It provides flexible technologies to access and develop the data. No installation cost is required to use Google Cloud.
- Google Cloud offers open and flexible technology to increase scalability.
- It can resolve problems using AI and accessible data analytics.
- This data center allows you to develop your business using a full-suit of cloud-based facilities.
- It does not require any installation cost.
2. Amazon Web Services
One of the most familiar cloud data centers is Amazon Web Services. It is compact, with some fantastic features to facilitate the users. The flexible plans offered by Amazon enable you to develop your database quickly. It also ensures secure storage to keep your data. This virtual data center allows you to create and develop any application using its cloud services.
Amazon Web Services is one of the most comprehensive cloud platforms accepted worldwide. It allows you to use a private cloud data service. Its utility was upheld by data transfer, key management, simple storage, and other facilities. This cloud center also enables you to create relational databases and simple queues. Overall, Amazon Web Services secured its position in the cloud space perfectly.
- Amazon Web Services offers an intuitive interface with easy-login facilities.
- It ensures fast deployment.
- It does not limit your data entry process.
- This cloud database is managed centrally.
- It contains hybrid capabilities.
- This service offers a per-hour billing feature.
3. Alibaba Cloud
Alibaba Cloud is a virtual data center established in Singapore. They mainly created this cloud center for the personal use of the Alibaba company. But its services satisfied their employees. Afterward, Alibaba decided to open this platform to the public. Alibaba Cloud has been serving people with its well-functioning features for a long time. Now, it has become the most significant cloud data center in China.
Alibaba Cloud offers unlimited storage with adequate security. It contains the elastic computing feature. This cloud center’s media and application services are up to the mark. This company can monitor and manage the data processed under their service sincerely. This cloud center’s modern analytic and data technology made it famous.
- Alibaba Cloud offers an accessible cloud computing facility.
- It contains elastic computing, including storage and CDN features.
- This cloud center is appropriate for making cloud communications.
- It is available in 56 availability zones around the world.
4. Microsoft Azure
Microsoft Azure is another worth mentioning cloud data center. It is full of unique features that keep your data safe and secure. Azure is getting more popular day by day. It offers AI+ machine learning and analytical programs. Besides, the development tools available here can satisfy its users properly. It provides the most trendy and updated services to all.
Microsoft Azure contains mixed reality technology. The users highly review the data storage provided by this virtual center. Also, Windows and database SQL software are included in this program. Azure allows entrepreneurs to run their apps in the on-premises environment using its Azure Stack feature. This company offers many cloud centers compared to the other service providers.
- Microsoft Azure can provide the most appropriate solution to manage your data.
- It offers you a cost-effective and flexible data center.
- This data center is easily scalable.
- It offers useful modern tools to develop your database.
5. Oracle Cloud
Oracle Cloud offers a complexity-free working environment for its users. It offers modern tools to develop and deploy your data. Also, you can build and manage your tasks easily in this cloud center. It contains a lot of data to transform the businesses of different companies. Besides, its IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS services have several features to help the users.
Oracle Cloud includes artificial intelligence to manage data. You can also find chatbots, machine learning, and other features here. Oracle Cloud is concerned about ensuring privacy. It also contains a DaaS feature that offers a data cloud. The blockchain functions of this cloud center are also satisfactory. Overall, Oracle can fulfill the demands of its users.
- Oracle offers essential modern technologies like AI, chatbots, etc.
- It is very accessible to the users.
- It can manage and develop data properly.
- Oracle ensures protection against cyber attacks.
6. IBM Cloud
IBM Cloud is an online data center with lots of features. Like other cloud data centers, IBM offers a favorable working environment for its users. Data and application development programs are done quickly on this platform. Besides, it offers three main cloud facilities: SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS.
IBM Cloud contains robust and modern data storage technologies. You can use this data center for private use or publicly. It also offers hybrid functions. Using AI methods in data management kept this virtual data center on the frontline of this sector.
- IBM Cloud is beneficial for business data management procedures.
- It enables you to make cloud communications.
- It offers you a hassle-free IT environment.
- This data center keeps your data safe.
7. Verizon Cloud
Verizon Cloud offers a single-user interface to store and manage your data. It follows the NaaS technology, which means, Network-as-a-Service. This service ensures a flexible network while working in this data center. Verizon is a reliable platform that contains high scalability. Its operating methods are also simple and user-friendly.
Verizon Cloud allows you to keep your control over the data center’s infrastructure. You can customize the set-up options of this cloud center. Moreover, using its advanced technical tools, you can manage data effortlessly. This virtual cloud center dramatically increases a business’s performance and agility.
- Verizon Cloud offers vast resources with optimized costs.
- It allows you to select a flexible service as per your need.
- It keeps data integrity across different apps.
- This cloud center reduces the risks while conducting business.
Salesforce offers a combination of several cloud services. After using it, you will benefit from the Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Service Cloud, and other programs. It is an excellent company offering cloud computing facilities. Besides, it contains social CRM in the cloud to keep you connected with social media.
Salesforce does not require any maintenance cost. You can access the data saved in the cloud center from anywhere. Also, your data is kept secure in the cloud space.
- Salesforce offers 24/7 services.
- It allows you to customize cloud features according to your needs.
- You can manage data systematically in this cloud space.
CloudSigma is a private data storage facility using the internet. You don’t have to share and keep your data publicly in this cloud center. Instead, it offers to increase multiple gigabit data speeds to stream any program.
CloudSigma is a straightforward cloud data center. Besides, it allows you to control your files and data. Offering flexible features, it provides a simple working environment. CloudSigma does not compromise the security of its users.
- Cloud Sigma contains advanced facilities for its users.
- It enables you to match and mix all magnetic and SSD storage.
- It is certified for the highest security features.
VULTR is a virtual data center containing advanced data management features. After using this cloud space, you will get a complete automated version of the services. It offers a one-click deployment facility. Its powerful API feature has increased its production capacity.
VULTR can quickly complete everyday tasks like ordering backups, adjusting access control, etc. It offers an advanced cloud computing feature. Besides, VULTR can use its control panel functions to develop team management functions. Managing API access is also accessible in this cloud center.
- VULTR offers an automated version of cloud computing.
- It can simplify the management of a large team using a single-click login option.
- It enables you to upload your operating system.
- VULTR allows you to deploy instances with the preferred OS.
Kamatera contains more or less the same facilities that a physical data center provides. It is a virtual data center with highly flexible features. It will save a lot of money to store and manage your data safely. This program offers you a pay-as-you-go facility. It is an excellent tool to use for business or industrial purposes.
Kamatera allows you to scale up or scale out unlimitedly. It has a simple API management feature. You will get human support for any problems on a 24/7 basis. The customizing features of this cloud center are also highly rated. Kamatera is globally renowned for its sensible and reliable services.
- Kamatera offers ultimate performance and availability.
- It offers per-month or day billing features.
- It offers a high scalability rate.
- This cloud center offers SSD with unlimited traffic.
One of the most price-effective cloud data centers is Linode. It adds no surprising bill to your cost list. Also, you will get this program at the same price across each 11 data centers. This independent cloud center is famous in 196 countries.
Linode offers non-stop service technology. Its high memory instances upgraded its capability. The scalability of this virtual cloud center is also pretty well. People like to use Linode for high networking and privacy protection facilities.
- Linode is a globally known cloud data center.
- It performs well in cloud computing.
- It creates cloud firewalls to protect against cyber attacks.
- This cloud center supports API/CLI/UI accessibility.
13. Server Space
Server Space offers a stack platform in an open-source cloud space. It is a lightweight code-based program. You can quickly learn to use this simple cloud center. Moreover, it supports Windows and Linux OS.
Server Space offers you a fast cloud network. You can get the pay-as-you-go feature in this virtual space. Besides, it will give you human tech help on a 27/7/365 basis.
- Server Space is based on the latest second-generation Intel Scalable CPU.
- It offers you high speed in accessing the data.
- You need an email to use this cloud data center.
ScalaHosting is an all-rounder cloud data center, among the others. It is highly compatible with the cPanel. So, using this tool, it is easy to manage Cloud VPS for website owners. Besides, ScalaHosting is a budget-friendly cloud center. It is globally available, including over 10 data centers in Europe, the USA, and Asia.
ScalaHosting offers robust cyber security to its users. You can get an unlimited bandwidth facility in this cloud center. Its simple design allows any person to keep their data with no tension.
- ScalaHosting provided 24/7 technical support.
- You can use this virtual cloud center with no restrictions.
- It increases the performance level of any business or industry.
- You can enjoy free and hassle-free migration on all websites.
Cloudways is a platform that provides data managing features integrated with various cloud providers. It can manage cloud hosting for various stores and agencies. This cloud center partnered with Google Cloud, Linode, VULTR, Amazon Web Services, and so on to increase its productivity.
Cloudways allow you to build up your database freely. You can deploy or manage any application with the help of this server. It does not contain any complex features. Cloudways also offer non-stop technical support for its users.
- Cloudways provides an automated data backing-up feature.
- It contains a simple one-click installation facility.
- This cloud center offers free SSL certificates.
Hopefully, you have gathered vital information regarding cloud data centers from this article. If you use cloud computing after knowing its features and purposes, it would be more fruitful. And this article will help you select the best service per your requirements. Now, increase your productivity using a cloud data center, and don’t forget to share your experiences!