BI tools mean business intelligence software. BI tools is a type of application software to collect, process and analyze data for business intelligence. Business intelligence (BI) is an umbrella for the business. It consists of application, tools, infrastructure and best practice of marketing to enable and assess the information, analysis and help to take the decision.
BI mixes technology and strategy. It uses for the data analysis of the organization. It provides the current, previous and focusing preview or the business. BI tools can be integrated with cloud computing.
BI technologies can handle a large volume of unstructured and structured data. As a result, it expands a large business arena. BI connects the data warehouse. This data warehouse is a copy of analytical data that support for decision making.
Common jobs of BI technologies include reporting, analytics, data mining, complex event processing, online analytical processing, text mining, predictive analytics, process mining, business performance management, benchmark, and prescriptive analytics.
Why is BI Tools Important?
The potential benefits of business intelligence tools include accelerating and improving decision-making, optimizing internal business processes, increasing operational efficiency, driving new revenues and gaining a competitive advantage over business rivals.
BI systems can also help companies identify market trends and spot business problems that need to be addressed. BI tools can store previous information in a data warehouse. Similarly, it can collect new data from various sources and enable tactical and strategic decision-making processes.
At the initial stage, BI tools used by data analysts and IT professionals who worked with query report. Later the business executives can understand the necessity of BI tools. BI has a relation to Artificial intelligence.
Best 20 Business Intelligence Software (BI Tools)
There are a lot of BI Tools in the digital world. Some of them are costly but maximum is open source. Some excellent BI Tools are:
1. Jasper Reports
Jasper Reports is an open source BI tool. This java reporting tools can write to the variety of target like screen, a printer, Microsoft Excel, RTF, ODT, into PDF, HTML, Comma-separated values or XML files.
It is used in Java-enabled applications, with Java EE or web applications, to produce active content. It reads its orders from an XML or .jasper file. This BI tool is part of the Lisog open source stack enterprise. Jasper Reports is an extremely versatile product. It has the facilities for invoice printing to Self-service BI. Its algorithm is wonderful.
- Best integration platform
- Include the jar files
- Most sophisticated document with HTML5 on PDF output
- Jasper server
- users make their own report in minutes without training
- self-service BI portal
- the package may be missing for any prediction
- dashboard need more animated widgets
- Need conditional formatting, like stoplights
Recommendations to others
- If you want to embed cloud or web type application, Jasper soft is suitable for you.
- If you want prediction type analysis, then go for the other BI tools.
What business problems solve these tools?
- beautify and visualization of logistic performance straight to the webpage
- A swap old fashion paper output
- modern style colorful graphical printout on any device or platform
2. Palo Open Source BI Tool
Palo open source BI Tool is a beautiful business intelligence software. It has integration with MS Excel. Palo BI Suite is very popular with business executives. It has a different module like resources, report repository, Palo admin, Users and Groups, and connections.
Palo is a practical and pragmatic OLAP based BI tool with web-based tools and Excel interface. This is an open source BI tool focused around OLAP, web and excel interface. It provides high-performance access data, multi-user.
- Real-time aggregation
- Ideal platform for Business intelligence collaboration
- Data loaded to OLAP server using Palo ETL Server
- Supports most data sources including SAP, relational databases, and others
- For designer and business user same user interface
- The designer can create the report, and the business user can view the report.
- Palo is cell-based it is ideally suited to the Excel (or OpenOffice) interface
- It has two commercial versions. Jedox is free, and another version premium edition offers considerably more functionality.
3. Pentaho BI Tool
Pentaho is Orlando, Florida based business intelligence software. Hitachi Data Systems acquired it in 2015. Pentaho became the portion of Hitachi Vantara on September 19, 2017.
Pentaho BI Tool is a business intelligence software that provides information dashboards, data integration, reporting, data mining, and extract, transform, OLAP services, load (ETL) capabilities.
- Unique ability to combine data integration
- geo-mapping, heat grids, and scatter charts
- Analytical processing saves users money and time
- Vastly speeds up the results process
- Include visual analysis, self-service reports, and custom dashboard
- Designed to blend with mobile platforms
- works with many data sources, such as Google Cloud, Spark, and Microsoft
- Visual Map to decrease designer for Hadoop gets rid of coding
- relies on in-memory data caching which provide speed
- Embedded analytics solution
- Drag and drop dashboard
- Report is Excel, CSV, PDF, and HTML supported
- First BI tool to direct market reporting for NoSQL
4. Zoho Analytics
Zoho Analytics is one of the best business intelligence and reporting software that can be used on-premise or in cloud computing architecture. The visually appealing data reporting will fascinate you use this BI tool. It is tested by great brands like Suzuki, HP, La Liga, Johnson control and Hyundai. You can transform a huge amount of raw data into actionable reports with this software. Moreover, this business reporting tool helps you to track and identify the hidden inside from a long time trend.
- Zoho business intelligence software allows you to get and blend data from multiple sources.
- Visualization of data becomes very easy.
- The intelligent assistant is always ready to answer your question.
- The smart data alert will inform you if any anomalies of a report.
- The business app integration is out of the box.
- They also offer the Android and iOS applications of the software.
- Zoho Business Intelligence Software can connect with any data source like web-fed, cloud storage service and database.
- With the easy drag and drop, dashboard capacity visualizes your data.
- The deep analysis, sharing, and collaboration are fantastic.
- Online bi the popular supports are business dashboard, executive dashboard, business intelligence software, reporting software, embedded analytics, help desk analytics, and marketing analytics.
5. SAS BI Tools
The SAS visual analytics is another data mining and machine learning-based business intelligence platform which is available on cloud and on-premise. It is usable for statisticians, forecaster, business analysts, and data scientists. With innovative and trusted technology it becomes the analytics leader. machine learning and artificial intelligence the most transformative technology of SAS in decision making. Moreover, it supports cloud computing, AI, IoT, and open-source platforms.
6. Birst Business Intelligence Software
Birst is a next-generation analytics and business intelligence platform for the enterprise solution. It supports network business intelligence, smart analysis, modern native cloud architecture, and agile semantic layer. The information on Birst is accessible from anywhere. The network BI approach of Birst eliminates data silos. Moreover, it supports the Infor business intelligence platform, legacy platform, and desktop data recovery tools.
7. WebFOCUS Business Intelligence Software
WebFOCUS is a single platform for unlimited possibilities. It is used to end-to-end data analytics platform for integration in security and intelligence. There is lots of option to deploy this business intelligence software like on cloud, multi-cloud, on-premises or hybrid. It is designed for all to take advantage of cross-platform support. Moreover, it offers various supports like point to click analytics, advanced data integration, etc.
8. SAP BusinessObject
SAP BusinessObject BI tool extends your analytics capabilities. This BI software grows with a single platform for reporting and visualization. It offers various facilities like on-premise deployment, increase user autonomy, real-time business intelligence and make data simple. It supports the changing needs, axis comprehensive business intelligence tool and optimizes performance. This business intelligence software will help you with reporting and analysis, data visualization and Office integration.
9. IBM Cognos Business Intelligence Software
IBM Cognos is a web-based business intelligence software that is made by IBM itself. It is awesome for reporting and analytics data. you can get access to the dashboard and optimize your information from anywhere in the world. Moreover, it also supports the offline reporting system and cloud integration. You can get access to all the information about IBM Cognos from your mobile application.
10. MicroStrategy Business Intelligence Software
MicroStrategy is one of the magnificent business intelligence software for data preparation and visualization. It allows you to start your zero-click analytics revolution to make every moment of your business breakthrough. Almost all the big organizations like Adidas, Coca Cola, and Weiler use this BI tool. To discover next-generation enterprise intelligence like hyper-intelligence, featured analytics and cloud you can use this optimization tool. Moreover, this free proprietary tool supports data mining and visualization for web-based development.
11. Microsoft BI and Power BI
Microsoft BI and Power BI empowers the team members to discover the insight of your hidden data. This BI tool creates a data-driven culture for all with the help of business intelligence software. It reduces the cost, risk, and complexity of your organization. It allows using the smart full for a strong result.
Microsoft BI and Power BI can connect almost all the big cloud computing services platforms like Azure, Office 365, etc. This powerful business intelligence tool has iOS, Android and Windows applications.
12. Oracle BI (OBIEE+ and Endeca)
Oracle is one of the best proprietary business intelligence software for online data processing, query analysis and customizes reporting. In this application, the customer can and get access to multiple ways from anywhere in the world. It is a complete solution for the integration of your business with IT. Oracle provides various analytical products with cloud integration or on-premises. It can make smart decisions with cloud analytics, machine learning and the internet of things.
13. Oracle Hyperion Business Intelligence Software
Oracle Hyperion is another product of Oracle. It is an effective web-based business intelligence software for customized reporting and business analytics. Oracle Hyperion includes various applications like SAP business information warehouse, Microsoft SQL server analytics service, and Oracle Hyperion management application. Besides the traditional service, it also provides various features like administration, user management, access management from a single point.
14. Qlik and QlikSense Business Intelligence Software
Qlik is an excellent platform to accelerate your business value through data. It is one of the fastest ends to end data integration and data analytics that built a data-driven enterprise. For example, the data analytics health whole bo transport system to drive rapid operational improvement. Moreover, it provides a better customer experience. The feature of Qlik is a data integration platform, data analytics platform, embedded analytics and digital literacy as a service. It offers a wide range of products. QlikSense is one of the most famous business intelligence software.
15. Tableau BI Software
Tableau is one of the most magnificent BI Tool for individual analysts, business organization and embedded analytics. It is the best tool to harness your power over data, release the potentiality of people and develop world-class business intelligence. The power of Tableau business intelligence software 16000 employees, 5000 analyst hours saved, 90% less analysis time and 43% reduction in support calls. Tableau is a costly software but you can use it for a free trial.
16. Board BI Tool
Board is another sparking business imagination software to analyze, simulate and plan. it is one of the best platforms for decision making. It offers full control of planning and performance to drive the digital transformation of your organization. It is the single platform for all the business requirement including your one also. It has more than 3000 customers. Board is suitable for manufacture, retail, automatic, financial and insurance industries.
17. Sisense Business Intelligence Software
Sisense is the power of the builders and insight for everyone. It is the choice of data engineer, business analysis, and developer. Sisense takes complex data and transforms it into a powerful business app. It supports the new digital platform for enterprise-grade analytics app. The BI software has strategic partnerships with AWS, snowflake and Google BigQuery. Moreover, you can embed, deploy, control, mashup, analyze, and impact.
18. Adaptive Discovery Business Intelligence Software
Adaptive Discovery is a web-based technology the drives business performance with easy to use dashboard. You can use it for budgeting or forecasting for business. Some of the key features are data visualization, profitability analysis, strategic planning, and ad-hoc query. Moreover, it offers various products like professional services, training & education, customer success management, etc.
19. Yellowfin BI Tool
Yellowfin BI is an end to end analytics platform that makes your platform faster. This business intelligence software has a smart BI tool to make your decision better. In the contextual result, it delivers automated insight. The dashboard of the Yellowfin BI puts all of your data in one place. Moreover, it helps to visualize data from any angle.
20. Style Intelligence
Style Intelligence is another business intelligence software that offers mishap driven dashboard and reports with the machine learning model. You can deploy it on-premise or cloud architecture. it is highly effective for professional developers because of its professional, dynamic and self-service tool. It supports real-time data mishap and comprising data block architecture. Moreover, it is open source so you can customize it as per your requirement.
21. Bizzscore BI Tool
Bizzscore is another interesting business intelligence software that made you like. It is relatively cheap in the BI tools market. It is under the category of the nice product of analysis. the aim of the software is to develop our business intelligence module for the organization. It is not like other business intelligence tool because of some extraordinary quality. Use get balance scorecard, EFQM models and INK-models in this system.
- Bizzscore built on Microsoft BI.
- It is not a separate software; you can add it as Microsoft product stack.
- It can meet all of your organization’s needs.
- SBI software has different modules like portal, Bizzdefinder, BizzManager, BizzForm etc.
- This organization claims that it can increase by 40% productivity and reduce 60% reporting time.
22. Looker Business Intelligence Software
Looker business intelligence software is one of the best tools for your business analysis in 2020. It is a nice platform for your reporting data. If you need an accurate, accessible and actionable software then you may use this one. You have to define how data sources relate one to another II and the meaning of data then it will provide you a matrix report. Moreover, a 360-degree view of your customer.
- Locker business intelligence software visualize and create a dashboard based on your requirement.
- It will provide drag and drop experience for all types of employees.
- You can maximize your time to value by several sales analytics, digital marketing analytics, and web analytics.
- It can send your data to slack, Dropbox, market and many other cloud storage.
- It is the best software as a service platform like Salesforce SharePoint and PowerPoint.
- Some other feature includes security, embedded analytics, and data modeling.
23. Targit BI Tool
Targit is another popular BI Tool for data visualization data integration and analytics. It is a Danish software developer company operated in America. It was founded in 1986 and operated worldwide. you can’t turn your business intelligence into business with this decision-making suite. Targit has proven business value, fast and lowest implementation and total cost of ownership. The short time it can create impactful insight for your organization.
- With the advance decision making feature without an overwhelming requirement it can make the decision with deep expertise.
- Within a minute it can enhance and identify your customer experience.
- In the competitive market, the Targit BI tool is recognized as a leader for its data preparation, Innovation, and functionality.
- Many big giant ventures like normal, Dublin airport and butler machinery created their success story who is this business intelligence software.
- We will get embedded analytics everywhere and the opportunity to analyze data from your cloud or on-premise server.
24. MITS Distributors Analytics
MITS Distributors Analytics is for the better decision of your organization. It provides the best insights that you need to succeed. with its powerful reporting and analytical tool, you can unlock the business potential of your organization. The purpose of the software is to provide a better decision in timely, accurate and inside full information with an easy fingertip. You can use it as one of the best readymade tools for instant productivity.
25. Domo Business Intelligence Software
Domo BI tool is an American based business intelligence software and data visualization tool that can leverage the productivity of your organization. To run, learn and serve in the business organization will help to modernize and mobilize your business process. It is the key instrument process so you can understand the operation. The trillions of row and data I will help you with thinking big. it is a good tool for dream up and deliver innovation. You can connect and empower your business with various data like platform as a service.
- Domo security connects and combines your data both on cloud storage on-premises.
- It helps you to find new insight based on visualization and data analysis.
- It is helpful for creating and leveraging low-code custom apps for all types of stakeholders.
- Many big organizations like ESPN and TELUS has a positive review for Domo.
- The portfolio of Domo is enormous like Cisco eBay, DHL, etc.
26. Artus Business Intelligence Software
Artus is a Business related software from Mexico developed by Bitam Software. It is to the power of your business advanced technology. Which is the complete roll to offer you visualize and manage all the indicators of your success? Artus helps you make better decisions. On a single screen, you can analyze and get the core information. Visualize your trend optimize and share with your permission.
- Artus can generate business reports and dashboards within a minute.
- Authenticate information from any sources like XML, excel and various databases.
- It set alarm for an immediate decision.
- You can employ it is multiplatform.
- Artus offers more than 40 modern component who is accessible, flexible and relevant to your need.
- Moreover, it is highly secured and the price is within your budget.
27. Alteryx BI Tool
Alteryx is the compensation of board business intelligence software and data visualization. Both of the trolls are required for your organization. So it accumulates your need and analysis based on previous performance. With the help of power bi, tableau, Qlik, and many other business intelligence tools pictures you what to do. It also provides many other solutions like technology integration, Data preparation, location intelligence, sales analytics, customer analytics, real estate analytics at healthcare.
28. AnswerRocket BI Tool
AnswerRocket the best breaking down business intelligence software for your small and medium business. It is based on artificial intelligence for the creation of next-level solutions. It is highly effective for reporting and analysis. Based on different categories of matrices it provides you the result for the growth of your business. You can see the 90 seconds demonstration before purchasing this software.
29. Arcadia Data Business Intelligence Software
Arcadia Data is one of the first air-driven analytics and business intelligence platform to ensure security and data lakes. We know data is the most valuable asset of any organization. If your data falls down to your competitors you may be lost things. Arcadia Data is not like that traditional business intelligence tool because it provides greater agility for faster time to insight. The response of this software is faster with larger data. It is constant about cybersecurity and you can implement your internet of things ideas with this business analyst software.
30. Splunk BI Tool
If you love operations driven by business analytics and process mining you can use the Splunk business intelligence software. It increases your operational efficiency agility and flexibility. This bi tool quickly identifies the process and problems to meet all of your goals. It allows YouTube to see the business problems dealing with day to day process. You will discover the problem hunting of your service delivery. You also can keep tracking of your KPI. This business intelligence tool is useful for financial service, health care, and communication.
Other Business Intelligence Software (BI Tools)
Some of their products are Pentaho BA Platform, and Pentaho Analysis Services (Mondrian) are server platform. Pentaho Dashboard Designer (PDD), Pentaho Data Access Wizard, Pentaho Analysis (Analyzer) (PAZ) and Pentaho Interactive Reporting (PIR) are server plugin.
Besides the significant three open source product, there are lots of Proprietary product of business intelligence. Some of them are:
This Active Report is wonderful.Net BI tool developed by WinForm. It supports asp.net and html5. The actual report provides a set of BI Tools in the compact form.
2. Actuate Corporation
This opentext is fantastic software. It is publicly treaded analysis and customer communication software. This company is famous for open source Eclipse BIRT. BIRT Analytics means self-service software for business analysts.
It wants to perform its own predictive analytics. Actuate Corporation focus on customer behavior and purchasing patterns. They use any source of big or small Data, including social media activity, to enhance customer engagement.
It is a US-based software company who provides the graphical representation of all data. They claimed that they provided support for more than 70% company of fortune 1000. AnyChart, AnyStock, AnyMap, and AnyGantt are their favorite product.
BI Tools are an active component for any business who want analysis. The person who is interested in BI tools can bookmark the website(Cloud Computing). We will update the page time to time for your learning. At present business, it is difficult without BI Tools. However, there are a lot of open sources of bi tools.