Drawing is a fascination to some, whereas it’s a hobby to others. We all somehow learn drawing practically in childhood, but digital painting or drawing is super fun to create. One who is dumb at drawing can also find it interesting when it comes to drawing apps. So we have discussed the best 20 painting and drawing apps for android to do your digital art.
There are many ways to earn money from painting apps for Android. You can either upload tutorials or create short videos on TikTok, and from that, you can earn. The most fantastic thing is you can also earn money by digital drawing.
Best 20 Drawing Apps for Android 2021
There are a lot of apps that artists use for digital drawing. Procreate is one of them, but it one supports on Ipad and Macbook. Like procreate, some apps do the same thing, and we can access them on android.
4 GB ram is enough for a small graphics design, but you can make large files or draw many details in 4 GB ram. Experts recommend 8 GB ram for detailed drawing. You can create a digital painting without a stylus.
There is some app where you can change the brush size and draw with your hands. You should take a look at these fantastic drawing apps for android. We will explain how the drawing apps work and what features they belong to.
1. Autodesk Sketchbook
Autodesk Sketchbook is free. You can get it from the Google play store, and it doesn’t consume much space. It is a perplexing app. You can draw anything with this app, and there are many variations of brushes that you can use for your drawing.
From realistic portraits to abstract paintings, you can draw everything in Sketchbook. The variety of brushes is staggering. Sketchbook is an award-winning app, and you can also download it on your PC for free.
- Professionals recommend and use this app. This app is good for beginners as well.
- There are no complex features to access. You can find everything necessary in the toolbar and can make it visible or invisible.
- You can create your shade and color ever you can customize your’s brush palette.
- Everything is organized as a package. There are sketch pencils, charcoal, color brushes, airbrushes, everything that you will need to draw.
- You can create different layers, and the layers’ opacity can be customizable, and you can use a reference photo to draw.
- There is an in-built guide that will instruct how to use Autodesk Sketchbook.
2. Ibis Paint X Painting Apps for Android
Ibis Paint X is a prodigious app itself. A lot of people use this app and create outstanding photos, edits, sketches. There are many tutorials on youtube that will show you how to draw in Ibis Paint X. If you are a beginner, you can start editing pictures.
Ibis Paint X is an ideal app for painting and earning as well. You can create shiny edits with this app, and that edit looks exactly like drawings. You can also upload your drawing tutorials on youtube and TikTok.
- Ibis paint is free, but you can also use the paid version of this app. In the paid version, you can use this without the app and infinity brush.
- Over 150 million this app is download, and there are 2700 materials which contain 1000 brushes and 46 skin tones. It is ideal for drawing realistic portraits. And from youtube artists, you can scan their brushes barcodes and use those brushes for free.
- It gives excellent blend materials, and the colors blend so smoothly with it. You can create infinity layers and work with them.
- You can also clip your layers to other layers. Clipping helps to work professionally.
3. ArtRage Drawing Apps For Android
Artrage gives you outstanding features like oil brush painting. You can draw pictures which will look like oil paintings. Moreover, you will also get palette knife, palette roller, and amusing blending options with this app.
You can use the reference photo and can trace the photo as well of the Artrage App. The toolbar and brush palette is entirely customizable, and it includes a built-in manual for beginners. It is designed and suitable for both beginners and professionals.
- Artrage will give you unlimited undo and redo moves. Most apps stop after a certain number of undo and redo moves, but it will help you recreate your creation repeatedly.
- It contains photoshop blending modes, and those are super easy to control.
- You can export your picture in a jpeg or PNG format, which one you want.
- It will want permission to access your media and storage.
- It will provide you unlimited drawing canvases, and you can preset your favorite settings.
- You can also use transparent and manage the opacity of each layer. There are vast variations of brushes, and you can always download more.
4. Adobe Illustrator Draw
Adobe Illustrator is another excellent app to use for digital painting or create vector images. It can convert luster images into vector images. You can trace the luster image and can make your digital portrait.
Moreover, Adobe Illustrator syncs with other apps like Photoshops, Capture, Photoshop sketch. These apps are necessary if you want to create a bright future in digital drawing. You can also use the adobe stock’s high resolution and royalty-free pictures as your reference.
- You can zoom your picture up to 64x and add details to your picture.
- There are five different types of pens, and they are customizable. You can work with any of them and manage the opacity, size, brush strokes, and many more things.
- You can create different layers and work on them. Those layers will remain as a group. You can keep them as it is, or you can manage to separate them.
- It allows to remove and photo background and can stretch the background without stretching the subject.
- You can use both illustrator and photoshop and create your drawings using both of them.
- The most fantastic thing about using this app is creating your brush and saving them on your brush palette for subsequent use.
5. Simple Draw Drawing Apps For Android
Simple Draw is the best app for freehand drawing, and it is easy and fun to access. This app is organized with easy functions, and it adds free, and you can download it from the google play store for free. People who cannot draw they can also draw in this app.
Those who get annoyed by the apps can use this app and draw their desirable drawings. Simple Draw is so flexible that you don’t even need a stylus pen, and you can share the image directly to your mail and share it with your friends as well.
- You can save the drawing in several formats like PNG, jpeg, and SVG vectors and save the file in the app or print it right away.
- You can either create something new or change any image’s background, customize your drawings, and paste them into the photo.
- SImple Draw has numerous features, including undo-redo moves, easer, and customizable brush features.
- There are no fancy tools that you will feel difficult to manage. Like its name, it is a simple app for digital drawing and paintings.
6. Tayasui Sketches Lite
Tayasui Sketches Lite is the app webtoon artists sometimes use for realistic features. It is the app that creates the most realistic sketches ever. Moreover, it has more than 20 ultra-realistic tools.
If you want to draw anime and following things, then you can try this app. It’s elegant, but at the same time, it is easy to access. This app has the most beautiful brush for android drawing apps. You can use different layers for different features, and if you don’t like any particular feature, you can retouch them by using layers.
- Tayasui Sketches has the most realistic brushes, and you can always get more if you use the paid version of this app.
- It has spectacular variations of brush editor, and by this function, you can create your brush library and customized brush set.
- If you have a stylus pen, then you can create more detailed digital drawings. There are significant variations of watercolor brushes in this app. It works best with the stylus pen.
- It has an advanced picture import function and can import pictures in many formats.
- You can work with different layers and edit or redoing them according to your preference.
7. Infinite Painter Painting Apps for Android
Infinite painter belongs to a distinctive concept. It will not be like procreate, photoshop, or illustrator. Moreover, it has its distinctive features. For those distinguishing features, they are loved by many people.
Infinite painter has a lot of positive reviews. It gives you the ultimate flexing features like working with the four types of symmetry. It contains over 160 brushes, but you can create your brushes and save them for later use. Moreover, it has the most flexible import and export options. Pictures that you created can be saved in JPEG, PNG, PSD, or ZIP format.
- Outlines are the base of any drawing. You can make sharp edge lines or clear lines with different tools like line, ellipse, pen, lazy, and protractor. Infinite painter helps to create a flawless outline.
- You can sketch, paint and edit with this app. You can clone a picture into a drawing. Moreover, you can also use photoshop blends and that smudge color finely.
- Infinite painter also has built-in five types of perspective. This feature will help you draw any kinds of buildings. If you are an architect, you will be amazed by this app’s features.
- You can select and clipping layers and can edit or draw that particular thing you want to draw.
- It will also import and export the PSD layer. But you can also save or prints your edits or drawings.
8. ArtFlow Drawing Apps For Android
ArtFlow is a highly positive-rated app. It has both paid and unpaid versions. It is better to use the paid version of this app. The paid version of this app comes up with 80+ brush, smudge, pen, and fill options. It works better with the stylus or Samsung pen.
ArtFlow can manage the pressure of the stylus pen, and it is synchronized with the flow and pressure when you draw something. You can also visit other artist’s profiles, and there are tutorials of drawings. You can follow them. This app will bring your imagination into beautiful images.
- ArtFlow contains canvases up to 6144×6144 and its layout in 50 layers. So, even a detailed portrait can be drawn by this app.
- It has select and select masks and has the layer clipping mask that helps two clip the previous layer.
- It also has ten-layer filters to optimize the hue, saturation, brightness, light, and shadow of the picture. You can also customize your drawings after finishing.
- This app saves all your deleted content, strokes and stores them in particular storage. So, if you ever accidentally delete something, you don’t have to worry. ArtFlow will preserve your creation.
9. MediBang Paint
MediBang is a sophisticated app but easy to deal with. It is a free, lightweight app. You can use it on your iPhone, Android, MacBook, and even on your tab. If you are a comic fan, you can draw comics in this app. Webtoon artists also use this app, and they have reviewed this app.
MediBang is occupied with fancy brushes, premade backgrounds, and many other fascinating features. This app works best the smartphones, but they work well with computers or tabs. You will find numerous colors, and those are in HSV mode.
- You can get access to 850 tones, shades, backgrounds, and word balloons for free. Medibang also issues creative concepts about the comic and new illustrations.
- It also contains cloud fonts and comic creation features, and users who use the clouds fonts and save pictures can share the same platform.
- You can use over 100 brushes with acrylic, airbrushes, watercolor brushes, oil paint brushes, and many more.
- You can make your comic panel by dragging the canvas, and then it will be divided into your preferable segments.
10. Adobe Photoshop Painting Apps for Android
Adobe Photoshop is the award-winning and renowned app for photo retouching or making creative backgrounds. It can quickly fix the discontinuation of the picture and can customize the color contrast, hue saturation of the photo. You can find numerous tutorials about photo retouching on youtube and can apply those tricks in your photo.
Professionals widely use the Adobe Photoshop app. It comes with a handful of tools and effects. The number of effects, tones, background variations will amaze you, and you can make infinity creation with this one app.
- You can change the effects of the background and can resize them, or you can remove it and place it with another.
- You have many swatch libraries, but you can create your swatches and apply them to fabrics.
- There is a vast blur option. You can use any blur options on your picture, or you can blur the whole background if you want.
- It allows personalizing everything, including brushes, filters, swatch libraries, symbol libraries.
- You can create your mood board or inspirational board.
- It constantly fixed the pictures that have distorted camera angles and have so much noise.
- You can edit your picture. You can make flawless effects like professionals. Moreover, it has a spot healing option. That removes any blemishes or spots, or scars from the photo.
11. Dotpict – Easy to Pixel Arts
If you like dot pictures of pixel art, this drawing app for android is for you. Dot pictures or pixel art is fascinating to watch, and you can make your tutorial while using this app. You will get infinity undo-redo moves and can zoom in or zoom out on your canvas. Dotpict shows you the picture grid, and you can distinguish them and fill the color with your hands.
- When you use Dotpict, your finger point won’t hide, and you can see where you’re putting dots. You can create images or drawings with the mouse on your computer.
- The work will be auto-saved after you fill any pixel on your canvas. If you ever forget to save the picture, the app will do.
- You can easily share the image on any social media or import or export the picture you created in jpeg or PNG format.
- You can share this app link with your friends and help them join and then create duel creation with your friend.
12. Sketch Master Painting Apps for Android
Sketch Master is a minimal app that contains the necessary features is needed. This app is simple about its functions and usage. You can create professional artwork with this app. It has several types of sketch brushes and blends options. So, you can create charcoal effects with this app. This app is best for those who love to create sketches.
- If you can zoom your canvases up to 3000% navigation and the picture won’t distort. And the maximum size of the canvas, as well as your creation, is fixed by the app.
- It creates unlimited layers, and you can draw any detailed picture with this app. The layers can be duplicate. You can use the clipping mask and merge the layers, and can create a group.
- You can optimize the layer opacity according to your need. Using hand stroking, you can control the outlines and smooth brush strokes.
- You can import images from your gallery or take pictures and import them, or use reference pictures from the app.
- You can use the color switcher or color picker from the in-built functions of the app.
13. RoughAnimator Drawing Apps For Android
RoughAnimator serves you with its paid version. It is the simple yet elegant animation creator app that you will find. It is fully occupied with the features animator, and it will give you the best animation created by your android.
RoughAnimator is cheap to access. It is perfect for beginners. Besides that, its functions are not so complicated to deal with. All you have to do is create the traditional hand-drawn characters and put them frame by frame in this app. RoughAnimator will create the rest.
- You can create animations, GIFs, and it has unlimited layers. When you create something, it will expose the length of the actual drawing and create a pose to pose straight ahead drawing.
- It will provide you the onion skinning features and custom brushes, and you can always create your own. You can play the animations you are creating and get to see the preview playback of your creation.
- Moreover, you can also import videos from your phone and lip-sync with the animation, and it will look more realistic. You can also scrub along the timeline and create hand-drawn cartoons or animations.
- You can also import videos for rotoscoping and can change the rotation and posture of your creation.
- It allows you to access the Samsung pen can manage the brush set, and create innovative animation.
- It is easy to control the resolution of the creation. You can also reduce or increase your GIFs resolution.
- You can upload your RoughAnimator project to adobe flash or adobe animator and earn money by uploading the tutorials of your creation on youtube.
14. Artecture Draw, Sketch, Paint
Architecture Draw is an app where you can draw sketches and make paintings like oil paintings, watercolor paintings, and many more. It will ensure you with facilities like oil painting brushes, watercolor brushes, palette knife with color mixing, and so on.
Architecture Draw offers 30 excellent realistic tools and verges skin tones, shades, and color swatches from nature. Regardless of a pro or beginner, you can use this app. This app is super easy to manipulate, and with these variations of colors and tones, you can do everything like architecture drawings, cartoons, illustrations.
- This app will seek permission to access your phone storage, but you can change it to the phone’s SD card.
- It supplies all kinds of brushes and has floating features. So it is easy to use this while you are drawing something.
- It also has an unlimited layers option. You can customize the layer’s opacity, use a clipping mask, re-order the layers format, and manage the visibility of the layers.
- Four types of symmetry are included in this app. There are a handful of filters of the layers that you can use.
- It will automatically save your work. And when you reopen the app, it will preview your previous artwork. If some discontinuation happens, this app will save your work.
15. PaperColor Drawing Apps For Android
PaperColor is the most straightforward app for digital drawing. Anyone who does not know digital painting can try this one. It comes with super easy functions and is easy to customize those features. It allows to import the reference and then convert it to transparent mode. Then you can make your drawing easily.
- PaperColor is the best clone app. It imitates the pictures into drawings, and it has many eye-catching filters. Those filters help you create a more realistic painting.
- You can add your signature when you are done with your drawings.
- The base map feature is beneficial. It teaches the beginner how to draw something digitally.
16. InspirARTion Painting Apps for Android
InspirARTion can be used on different platforms like on your phones and computers. This app never creates hipe, but it is perfect, and it has a lot of positive reviews. Regardless of a professional or a beginner, everyone can use this app. It has a wide range of colors and shades, and by those, you can create sketches and oil paintings.
- InspirARTion has four types of symmetry, including vertical and horizontal.
- It has particular kinds of brushes, and you can always download more or make your custom brushes.
- It has photo templates, and you can use this as a reference and create your own. This app also inspires creativity in one stoke drawing. You can make one and can share it on social media.
17. LayerPaint HD
LayerPaint HD is the Best Drawing Apps For Android with Korean and Chinese language translators. It is ad-free. You can watch tutorials of masterpieces created with this app. It has pen pressure support, and you can make drawing with a Wacom tablet connect with the USB.
- LayerPaint has PSD import or export format. You can work in both photoshop and LayerPaint.
- It has incredible brush tools like fine brushes and foreground color brushes. You can also add a color palette or remove it from your canvas if you don’t want to.
- There are unlimited layers and effects, and you can merge the layers, add layers, remove layers, and use a clipping mask.
- You can use ultra-realistic tools like bucket tools, eraser tools, and many more.
18. Painter Mobile
Painter Mobile is the app with this you can create draw any scenery anywhere with your phone. It can create ultra-materialistic scenery and creates the streamline your work. It uses three ways to clone your reference picture, including photo paint, trace or start from scratch.
- Painter mobile imports photos from your gallery, camera, or ever from google search. It works with the three types of symmetry, including horizontal, vertical, and kaleidoscope symmetry.
- You can work with over 15 layers. There are brush swatches that the artists use.
- It exports pictures in many formats, including jpeg.
19. How to Draw
How to draw is like your personal art teacher. Many of us start drawing without knowing the basic techniques of drawing. This app will teach you how to draw the basic techniques and will also teach you the effects of light and shadow on a picture. It will teach you how to draw the basic features with the pencil tool. You can also learn the correct uses of dark strokes and light.
- The features of this app are easy to access. They are exciting and fun. You will never get bored with this app.
- This app includes a lot of drawings like cartoons, animation, and basic portraits of people.
- There are few steps. You just have to follow them and will get your desired drawing.
- Some gridlines help maintain symmetry, and you can create your drawings right on the screen.
20. Drawing Desk Painting Apps for Android
The drawing Desk is used by adults and kids. It is like a free drawing game app. it features five digital art drawing modes, including doodle art, sketching, painting, coloring, and graffiti. It is a large platform where you can do whatever you want to do.
- Drawing Desk contains pro-sketching tools and many fascinating tools, and you can draw shapes, patterns, and stickers.
- You can import unlimited pictures and can draw game characters as well. It will give you over thousand color pages to draw.
- You can draw effect and can name your effect by this app.
Drawing can be a fantastic idea of time passing in this pandemic situation. When we get bored inside the room, we can look into these fantastic drawing apps for android. Many people are earning through these apps. They are creating quality content by recording their artworks and then upload that on TikTok or YouTube. TikTok is one of the best platforms to utilize those Painting Apps for Android. You can visit this article and install one of them and can make your creation with these apps.