The Chinese company miHoYo Co., Ltd makes video games. It is based in Shanghai, China. Three students from Shanghai Jiao Tong University started miHoYo Video Games in 2012. There are now 4,000 people working for the company.
Genshin Impact is an action role-playing game with an open world that came out in 2020, and this is one of the most popular mobile games by the company.
MiHoYo also made the games Houkai Gakuen 2 (also called Guns Girl Z) and Honkai Impact 3rd. For related content, they also made the social media platform HoYoLAB.
What are miHoYo Video Games?
The games developed by the miHoYo company are known as miHoYo games. These games are well-known for their role-playing characters and high-quality graphics. In 2011, they released several video games. Gamers received the games very positively.
Genshin Impact won the best mobile game and was nominated for the best ongoing game at The Game Awards 2021. Because this prize is determined by fan vote, more people chose Genshin Impact as the best mobile game than any of the other four games.
MiHoYo also made a lot of money thanks to Genshin Impact. For months, it has been the best-selling mobile game in the world.
The History of miHoYo Games / What games do miHoYo own?
Three students from Shanghai Jiao Tong University started the company in 2012. They wanted to make games based on their love of anime, so they did so. Cai Haoyu, Liu Wei, and Luo Yuhao, the founders of miHoYo, went to school together at Shanghai Jiaotong University.
Guns Girl Z, later renamed Houkai Gakuen 2, was their first big game. Since then, they have done well with anime-style games that mostly appeal to mobile gamers. The company says that by 2024, the studio will have 100 developers. Its next game will be a “AAA open-world action-adventure game with shooting-based gameplay in a living, breathing paranormal world.”
|2014||Houkai Gakuen 2 (Guns Girl Z)|
|2016||Honkai Impact 3rd|
|2020||Tears of Themis
|To be announced||Honkai: Star Rail
Zenless Zone Zero
From the chart above, we should see that these are all the games that miHoYo released in past years. The Genshin impact and the Houkai Gakuen 2 (Guns Girl Z) are famous among them. These two games had helped them grow into a $6 Billion company.
What is the Minimum Requirement to Play miHoYo Games?
To play the miHoYo games smoothly, you should have the following specification. Many people recommend the most recent and high-end CPU and GPU. However, you do not always require them. Different games have different hardware requirements.
- If you want to play miHoYo games on PlayStation, you should have a PlayStation 3 or higher.
- To Play miHoYo games on Android, you will need Android ten or higher.
- On iOS devices, you should have iOS 9.0 or later.
- Finally, if you play games on a PC, I recommend having at least these requirements.
Operating system: Windows 8 or later. You can use Windows 10 for improved gameplay.
Bit: A 64-bit operating system.
Processor: Intel Core i5/ AMD Ryzen 5 or higher.
Internal graphics: Intel Iris/AMD Radeon 8.
External Graphics: You should have at least 2 GB of external graphics.
Ram: 8 GB.
Storage: An SSD is always preferable to an HDD.
If you have fewer specs than the required amount, the game may not even begin. If you do not meet the OS requirements, the application will most likely crash or not work.
The 7 Best MiHoYo Video Games for PC
When it comes to gameplay and their graphics quality, All the miHoYo games are the best. But in this article, we have picked the 7 best miHoYo games for you. And later in this article, we will answer some FAQs about miHoYo games.
#1. Genshin Impact
Genshin Impact is an open-world RPG where the player can choose which of four characters in a party to control. The World Level shows how strong the enemies are in a world and how rare the rewards are for beating them. Some bosses and challenges give out precious resources, like the Electro Hypostasis and the Stormterror.
Domains are individual battles that give you materials that make you and your weapons stronger. The player controls seven natural elements: Cryo, Dendro, Pyro, Hydro, Anemo, Electro, and Geo, which stand for ice, plants, fire, water, wind, electricity, and rock, respectively.
Cross-platform co-op is a part of the game, and up to four players can play together in the overworld and join Domains. As soon as the game starts, the player can unlock four more playable characters by completing story-related quests. Gacha and in-game events make it possible to get more characters.
- Genshin Impact takes place in the world of Teyvat. Mondstadt, Liyue, Inazuma, Sumeru, Fontaine, Natlan, and Snezhnaya are the seven Teyvat. A different god rules each country.
- The player character, the Traveler, is separated from their twin and gets stuck in Teyvat. The player can choose whether the Traveler is a male or female.
- Each nation is linked to and worships one of “The Seven,”. A group of gods rule over one of the seven nations and are called “Archons.”
- Certain people chosen by the Archons are given a Vision, a magical gemstone that offers its owner the power to control an element and the chance to become a god and live in Celestia.
- Genshin Impact takes up over 14.7 GB of space on Android devices. For the game to work on iOS, users must have iOS 9.0 or later.
- This game might take 99 hours to complete overall.
#2. Honkai Impact 3rd
MiHoYo’s Honkai Impact 3rd is a 3D action role-playing game developed and published by miHoYo and later ported to Microsoft Windows. The game is the spiritual successor to Houkai Gakuen 2, using many characters from the previous title in a separate story. Players command a team of up to three “Valkyries” in real-time combat against various enemies.
Honkai Impact 3rd also enables players to join Armadas, which provides additional options for events and rewards. Outside of battles, Honkai Impact 3rd allows players to interact with the Valkyrie and Stigmata characters through the “Dorm” mode. To boost the “comfort” of the Valkyries and Stigmata in the dorm rooms, players can construct various furniture items and modify the rooms’ arrangement. MiHoYo repealed the PC version of this game on December 26, 2019.
- The Honkai is a cyclical event that ends civilization on Earth when it gets too advanced. The Previous Era ended 50,000 years before the start of the game when the 14th Herrscher defeated humanity.
- It is mainly seen as a lousy force with its own will. It can turn humans into undead creatures, take the form of different monsters, and choose specific people, called “Herrschers,” to give them God-like powers that can cause the end of the world.
- Honkai Impact 3rd has a system for constant updates that fix bugs and changes or add content several times a year.
- miHoYo Video Games gives users small amounts of in-game currency if they fill out surveys about their experience in the game. This gives developers information about changing future events and making the game fun.
- In a post from 2018 on miHoYo BBS, developers confirm that the world will not end in HI3.
#3. Zenless Zone Zero
Zenless Zone Zero is an upcoming urban fantasy action role-playing game made by Hoyoverse and will be released by the company. It will likely be available for Android, iOS, and PC soon.
The game occurs in New Eridu, a futuristic city built after the world’s end. Things called “Ethereal” have come into the world of humans from places called Hollows.
The Ethereal has caused a lot of trouble for most people and killed most of them. But a small group of survivors has built a stronghold against the invaders called New Eridu. They did this by using Ethereal’s technology and resources to protect themselves from the coming attack.
As a Proxy, the player helps other people explore the Hollows. As they move forward, the Proxy will find more people to join their group and help them fight the Ethereal and other enemies. Players can do more damage and combos on enemies by combining the skills of different members.
- Zenless Zone Zero takes place in New Eridu, a futuristic city built after the world ended.
- In Zenless Zone Zero, players will control a character called a Proxy, who acts as a stand-in and can move through the different levels.
- The graphics in Zenless Zone Zero are some of the best made.
- This game will be playable on iOS and Android mobile devices and PCs.
- The date that this game will come out has not been made official.
#4. Honkai: Star Rail miHoYo Video Games
Honkai: Star Railis the fourth in the Honkai series. It has brand-new characters and different versions of the same characters from Honkai Impact 3rd, except for Welt.
The story starts when two crew members of the Astral Express deliver rare artifacts to Herta, the captain of the Herta Space Station.
Two Stellaron Hunters got into the Space Station without knowing and used the chaos to steal a Stellaron. Later, March and Dan found the Trailblazer unconscious and went with them to find Arlan. They were able to see him, but all of a sudden, a Trampler and its fellow Voidrangers attacked them.
But Himeko’s drone helped her save them. They later met Asta and told her what was going on. Then, all of a sudden, a vast Legion monster called the “Doomsday Beast” breaks through the shield of the Herta Space Station.
Asta told them to run away, but she stayed behind. But the monster uses all of its strength and is about to kill March, but the Trailbazer protects her.
- Honkai: Star Rail is a free-to-play turn-based RPG that uses characters from Honkai Impact, another popular game from HoYoverse.
- Unlike Genshin Impact and Honkai Impact, Star Rail is all about action that happens one turn at a time.
- The Gacha system is used to draw characters in Honkai Star Rail. Every 10 pulls, called “Wraps” instead of “Wishes,” will give you a 4-star.
- Light Cones are what you get instead of weapons. For the beginner banner, you are guaranteed a five-star within 50 pulls.
- Honkai Star Rail has been confirmed to work on PC, iOS, and Android.
- This is a Role-playing game with a plan.
- The release date of Honkai: Star Rail is to be announced.
#5. Tears of Themis
MiHoYo made Tears of Themis, an adventure game you can play for free. In July 2020, Android and iOS users in Mainland China were the first to be able to play the game in Simplified Chinese.
A year later, the worldwide version came out. This game has Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and English languages available.
Tears of Themis works in a few different ways. The main story is told in the form of a visual novel. Cases are solved by looking for evidence at the crime scene and questioning NPCs. At the end of each game chapter, there is a court trial where the player must prove that the defendant is not guilty.
In each chapter, debates take the form of “card battles,” in which players use cards they’ve gotten from the Gacha system. The cards also get more powerful as they are used in debates. The romance part of the game is done through side stories that show how the four male leads are as people.
- Tears of Themis is a science fiction story in the made-up city of Stellis.
- The player defends her clients in a criminal case as an unnamed 24-year-old female lawyer at Themis Legal Office who goes by the nickname “Rosa.”
- Every main story chapter shows a different part of a bigger mystery.
- Four bachelors help her with the cases where the story’s romantic parts begin.
- You can play the whole miHoYo Video Games with voice acting in Chinese, Japanese, or Korean.
#6. Houkai Gakuen 2 /Guns Girl Z
Houkai Gakuen 2 is a free Chinese mobile game made by miHoYo. It is the first and second book in a series called Houkai. It is a side-scrolling action game about girls fighting zombies in a world where people have turned into zombies because of the “Houkai phenomenon,” which happens every few hundred years.
One of the exciting things about this work is that the zombies, the bad guys, are drawn as girls. The story of Houkai Gakuen 2 is told in more than just the mobile game. It is mentioned in multiple manhunas, 4-Koma, and promotional videos, among other things.
In Houkai Gakuen 2, players can take control of a team of up to two characters and fight against different enemies in real-time. The game has both asynchronous and synchronous cooperative and competitive multiplayer modes, where players can unlock badges and loot that are only available for a limited time.
- The single-player campaign of Houkai Gakuen 2 takes place in Nagazora city on March 28, 2014. This was when the Houkai showed up.
- There are more than 15 different characters you can play as and more than 100 servants you can choose to help you during stages.
- Many contents, such as powerful weapons, pretty uniforms, and valuable badges, can be unlocked.
- You can Make your arsenal with more than 800 weapons, 250 uniforms, and 300 badges.
- Side characters are usually used for smaller stories or to show how the main characters are involved in important events.
- This game has been discontinued. On October 11, 2021, Guns Girl Z’s game server was shut down for good, and no one will be able to log in again.
#7. Zombiegal Kawaii miHoYo Video Games
The art and sounds in Zombiegal Kawaii are charming. The voice acting is funny and cute, but the game is a Freemium failure that makes you grind endlessly or pay real money for special currency items to move forward. The art is beautiful, and the music is catchy, but the attempt to make money ruined the game.
At first, it’s hard to move your cute Zombiegal killer until you buy an upgrade that makes her walk faster and level her up a few times. You can get by for a while. But eventually, you’ll need to work harder to get ahead.
Then you get a little further, and you pretty much hit the paywall. You just start fighting hordes of cute Zombiegal, who always beat you. Since the stages are random, you can repeatedly resist different types of Zombiegal flocks until you find one that you can win.
You will eventually be so outgunned at a point. In this game, grinding can get you up to the level. There is also a mode in the game where you can play with other people.
- Zombiegal Kawaii is one of the earliest games of miHoYo, and it was released in 2012.
- Zombiegal Kawaii comes preloaded with 3 Magic Shots.
- Multiplayer is available on this game.
- This game is only available on iOS 4 or later.
The annual Revenue of miHoYo Company
It is widely known that miHoYo is a very profitable company. Following the release of Guns Girl Z, the company saw an enormous increase in revenue.
|Year||Revenue (in $million)|
According to the above chart, miHoYo made most of the money during this pandemic when people needed recreation because they were primarily under in-home quarantine.
More FAQs about miHoYo Apps
Who is miHoYo owned by?
Cai Haoyu is the company’s controlling shareholder, actual controller, Chairman, and President. Liu Wei is the company’s Director and CEO, and Luo Yuhao is the company’s vice president.
How many games has miHoYo?
There are now 6 games that miHoYo released.
What game is miHoYo working on?
MiHoYo has announced a new game called Zenless Zone Zero.
Is miHoYo releasing a new game?
miHoYo is releasing two new games, Zenless Zone Zero and Honkai: Star Rail.
What is miHoYo best game?
Genshin Impact, which came out in September 2020, is miHoYo’s most popular game.
Why is Genshin Impact so popular?
The unique Gacha system is the icing on the cake. That’s why Genshin Impact is so popular.
Does miHoYo still own Genshin Impact?
Yes. It is still owned by miHoYo.
Are Genshin and Honkai connected?
Honkai Impact 3rd and Genshin Impact both came from the same game universe.
Is Genshin or Honkai better?
Genshin is better, but they are both excellent.
Which is more challenging, Honkai or Genshin?
Genshin is harder than Honkai.
Why did Genshin leave miHoYo?
miHoYo, the company that made and published Genshin Impact, has said it will change its name internationally to reflect its growth plans.
Is Genshin Impact allowed in China?
The game is not allowed in China.
Is Honkai’s impact over?
Developers say that the world will not end in Honkai Impact 3rd.
Is Honkai Star Rail still playable?
This game hasn’t been released yet.
Is there a Honkai Impact anime?
There is no anime on Honkai Impact.
Is Honkai available on PS4?
There are only Android, iOS, and PC versions available.
Is Honkai a Gacha game?
Yes, it is a Gacha game.
Does Honkai Impact have male characters?
There are some male characters in the show.
Does Honkai Impact have a storyline?
Honkai Impact’s story is told through in-game chapters, Manga, and Visual Novels.
Is miHoYo changing companies?
Genshin Impact studio miHoYo announced that it would change its name to HoYoverse.
MiHoYo is well-known for its high-quality games such as Guns Girls Z, Honkai Impact, and Genshin Impact. It was the winner of the award for best mobile game. The Game Awards 2021 nominated Genshin Impact for Best Ongoing. Moreover, the game received more fan votes than the other four games chosen for the best mobile game prize.
MiHoYo video games also made a lot of money from the game. It has been the top-grossing mobile game in the world for several months. Unfortunately, China has banned this company for a variety of reasons.
MiHoYo is attempting to rebrand as HoYoverse to reach more gamers worldwide. I strongly advise gamers to try the games I mentioned above. If you have any suggestions, please leave them in the comments.
Thank you for visiting.