Almost 2.5 billion people are regular users of the Android operating system. It’s a vast number. Most of the users use Android for various purposes, not only for calls and texts. Having antivirus and antimalware software will make your journey smooth with your device. A lot of antivirus and antimalware apps are available for you. You have to find which is most suitable for you. Here is a list of the best 15 antivirus and anti-malware apps for you.
What are Antivirus and Anti-malware Software?
Firstly, what are viruses and malware? And what can they do to your Android mobile phone? A virus is a piece of code that can damage your device, destroy data. This code replicates itself; after completing replication, it infects your files and programs. A virus is like a criminal accessing your device and committing crimes. You will lose all your essential data in seconds only for this code.
Malware is a piece of software that is designed to damage devices, steal data. It is like an umbrella for various kinds of malicious software. Examples of malicious software include viruses, spyware, adware, trojan viruses, worms, scareware, rogue software, ransomware. Cybercriminals, mostly known as hackers, develop this software to steal your data and damage your system. Logically, all viruses are malware, but all malware are not viruses.
Are you worried about viruses and malware? Nothing to worry about regarding this matter. There is a lot of software available to protect your device from them. Antivirus and antimalware both software is created to protect your system from malicious software. Antivirus software is programmed to detect and destroy viruses and other malicious software.
On the other hand, antimalware software protects from all kinds of malware, including viruses. Antivirus deals with old, classic, and more established threats. Antimalware typically protects against the latest and more dangerous threats to strengthen the security of your device’s system. In summary, we can say both antivirus antimalware have the same aim. They both protect your system from any kind of malware attack. We need them to have safe use of our devices.
How to Know if My Phone is Under Malware Attack?
When your Android phone gets infected by any virus, it shows some signs. Some of them are;
- Your phone becomes super slow.
- There will be a flood of pop-up ads.
- Apps don’t act like they used to do.
- Malware increases your data usages.
- A sudden disappearance of your battery charge.
- Unknown charges on your bill.
- Malware overheats your phone.
Functions of Antivirus Apps and Anti-malware Apps
If you observe any of these signs in your phone, there might be malware in your phone. For this, your phone could be dead. So, buckle up and have antivirus software and be tension-free all the time. What can an antivirus app do for your phone? Here are some functions of antivirus software.
- Most antivirus software has real-time protection. This means it will save your phone from incoming threats and protect you from future attacks.
- Antivirus software detects any threats to your phone.
- Antivirus removes any kind of malicious software. Some of the software does it in the background; some of them ask permission before removing them.
- This software will scan your phone at a scheduled time or any time you want.
- Almost all antivirus software has an automatic update feature. Your software will not be out of date while your phone has any threat.
- Antivirus will give you an alert if any program is trying to access your system.
- This will also protect your system from getting slow.
- Antivirus will protect all your online activities and accounts.
- Antivirus software will send you warnings about dangerous websites, links, advertisements.
Best 15 Antivirus and Antimalware Apps for You
In this way, antivirus software always keeps your system safe. You will not face any kind of cybercrime. To enjoy digital life, you have to confirm your safety first. A good number of antivirus apps are available for you. Here is a list of the 15 best antivirus and antimalware apps for your Android phone. You can check it out and make the right choice for you.
1. Bitdefender Mobile Security & Antivirus
Bitdefender Mobile Security and Antivirus are among the most powerful and nearly flawless antivirus apps available in the Google play store. This anti-malware app protects your phone against viruses, malware and keeps your private information secure from cybercriminals. Bitdefender has proven 100% viruses and malware detection. You can lock your private and vital apps through Bitdefender. It also has an anti-theft feature.
You can buy Bitdefender for $14.99 per year. It also offers you a 14 days trial but no freemium version.
- Bitdefender protects your Android from any kind of new and existing online threats.
- It will detect viruses, malware, spyware, ransomware and remove them from your system.
- This app will monitor your email account.
- Bitdefender secures your android device against dangerous, fraudulent sites for the most popular browsers.
- The autopilot feature recommends security based on your mobile device usage.
2. Norton 360
Norton 360 provides you with powerful layers of protection. It is an excellent combination of antivirus and security. Norton offers you a report card, a summary of what action you have to take to secure your device. It scans apps you download from Google play. It helps prevent apps with viruses and malware from being installed on your phone before you download from Google play. Norton offers you safe browsing, protects your device and personal information from malicious links and sites. This app will protect your Wi-Fi network from cybercriminal’s attacks. App Advisor is a unique feature of the Norton 360 anti-malware app. This feature checks apps on your device and protects them from any new or existing threat.
Unfortunately, Norton has no free tier. Previously, it was $29.99 per year, but now it is $14.99/year.
- Norton will notify you when your operating system has vulnerabilities so that you can protect your device from cybercriminals.
- Automatically scans your apps and helps you to remove apps with viruses, spyware, and other threats.
- App Adviser, this feature protects your apps from viruses and malware.
- Norton will safeguard you from navigation to fraudulent and malicious websites.
- This app will filter spam text messages that may contain phishing attacks.
- It will protect your Wi-Fi network.
- You will have safe browsing by using Norton 360.
3. Avast Antivirus – Mobile Security and Virus Cleaner
Over 100 million people install Avast Antivirus for their device’s safety. Avast is one of the most-used Android devices as it has a free version and lots of features. It automatically scans for viruses and other kinds of malware, including spyware, Trojans. With its hack alert feature, you will be notified which of your passwords are at risk so that you can take the necessary steps to prevent hacking. Avast offers you app insights. You can monitor how much time you are on each app. This way, you can easily balance your phone life. This anti-malware app cleans out unnecessary data, junk files, system caches, residual files and boosts phone performance. Avast also secures your photos with a PIN code, pattern, or fingerprint password.
Avast Antivirus has a free version for you that will block viruses, malware and protect against ransomware. The premium and ultimate versions offer you a lot of features. The premium version will cost you $20 yearly, and the ultimate version is $40 per year.
- Avast performs regular scanning to detect threats and vulnerabilities.
- This app detects malicious apps before you install them.
- It protects your device against malware-infected links on the web.
- Avast Antivirus protects your photos and apps using a PIN code, pattern, or fingerprint password.
- Using this app, you can free up space on your device and enhance phone performance.
- Avast takes control of your digital habit by notifying you how much time you spend on each app.
4. Avira Antivirus
Avira Antivirus is one of the newest apps available for your Android. It is a super light virus scanner and remover. This app offers you a fast VPN, 100Mb daily, secure data, and unblocks geo-restricted websites. Avira works as a system optimizer and boosts your phone performance. It will protect your email account and other accounts from getting hacked.
If you lost your mobile phone, the Avira anti-malware app would help you track and find your device using its Phone Locator and Tracker feature. This app helps you to protect your privacy. Avira works quietly in the background as you use your device.
Fortunately, you can use most of Avira’s features for free. If you want to buy a subscription, it will cost $7.49-$26.99 per year.
- Avira Antivirus keeps your Android free of viruses, malware, spyware and safe from phishing attacks.
- This app boosts the performance of your Android device. · This app will scan storage, memory and optimize your device.
- Avira offers you a super-fast VPN directly into the app. · It blocks dangerous websites.
- Using the app lock feature, you can protect your privacy.
5. Kaspersky Mobile Security
Kaspersky is one of the most popular antivirus apps available on Google play for you. it is also one of the popular malware removal tools for Windows. It works like a virus cleaner, malware blocker. Kaspersky blocks suspicious apps, websites, and files. This app monitor calls, messages, and location to stop spyware. You can scan your device any time if you want. It scans new apps before you download them. Kaspersky offers you features like real-time protection, an app lock, and more in the premium version. This version also keeps your financial information secure. Its find my phone feature helps you to track your stolen phone. You can wipe personal information like texts, photos, videos remotely and take a mugshot of the person using your phone.
Its freemium version offers most of the features of Kaspersky. You can also buy its premium version at $20 per year.
- Kaspersky offers you the best antivirus protection for your Android.
- It has a real-time and on-demand scan.
- This app blocks dangerous sites and links for you.
- Using the Find my phone feature, you can protect personal information remotely if your device is stolen.
- Kaspersky offers you an app lock feature.
- It will notify you if any of your settings are getting weak.
6. McAfee Mobile Security
McAfee Mobile Security app can be your ultimate security tool for your Android. This app offers you everything to protect your device. It will protect it from viruses and malware with its latest antivirus removal. McAfee secures personal data from prying eyes with spyware protection. It enhances the performance of your Android device with a storage cleaner, memory booster, battery booster. This app scans apps and notifies you if any apps cause a risk for security. McAfee offers you safe web browsing and protects you from malicious websites.
You can use the McAfee anti-malware app for free. But for more features, you can buy this antivirus for $2.99-$9.99 per month or $29.99-$79.99 per year.
- McAfee secures your device from viruses, malware, spyware.
- It protects your apps from being risky.
- This app helps to maintain a safe Wi-Fi connection.
- McAfee offers an automatic backup of your contacts through the McAfee Cloud, which you can quickly recover if the device is stolen or lost.
- Using this app, you can extend the battery life, free up the memory of background apps, remove unwanted files and apps.
- Safe Web feature alerts you when browsing malicious websites and saves you from all kinds of threats.
- McAfee offers an anti-theft feature, locks your device after three failed passcodes, and takes a snapshot of the user.
7. Safe Security
Safe security is like an all-in-one app for you. Previously, it was named 360 Security. This app has lots of features to ensure your mobile security. Safe security protects your device against the latest viruses, malware, adware, etc. It scans installed apps, new apps, and memory card content. Safe security keeps your Android device free from malware, vulnerabilities, adware, and Trojans. This multipurpose anti-malware app also enhances your device’s performance. It cleans up junk files and frees up storage. You can lock apps to secure essential and private information from falling into the wrong hands. Safe Security instantly snaps a photo and records the time if someone tries to break into your phone. This app detects your Wi-Fi connection and keeps you safe from insecure public Wi-Fi.
You can use Safe Security as your go-to antivirus app for free. You can also buy a subscription at $15 per year and $47.16 for a lifetime.
- Safe Security has the latest technology to protect you against viruses, malware, adware.
- This app scans installed apps, memory card content, and new apps.
- It optimizes memory and speeds up your device.
- Safe Security gives notification of full charge to avoid overcharging.
- Using this app, your phone will be free from all types of junk files.
- Safe Security helps you to hide annoying and useless notifications.
8. Lookout Mobile Security and Antivirus
Lookout Mobile Security and Antivirus are some of the first antivirus apps, and their features continue their popularity. It protects your device from viruses, malware, spyware, adware, phishing. In premium and premium plus subscriptions, there are a lot of unique features for you. In the free version, you enjoy complete protection against viruses and app scanning. It constantly checks on your operating system.
With a premium subscription to Lookout, you can have safe web browsing, secure your mobile connection, and advice about your privacy. It also has a theft alert feature. Premium Plus is quite an expensive subscription. But its features are worth the money. It will protect your personal and financial information from being exposed online. You can buy a premium subscription at $30 per year, and the premium plus is $100 per year.
- Lookout scans your device to detect and remove viruses, malware, spyware.
- It constantly checks if your operating system is working correctly.
- This app protects your mobile connection from phishing and other Wi-Fi attacks.
- You can scan every URL link you visit to avoid online threats.
- Lookout monitors your personal and financial information.
- Using this app, you will have a theft alert through your email.
9. Sophos Intercept X for Mobile
Sophos offers you an essential staff to protect your device from any threat for free. It scans apps and storage contents for malicious and inappropriate content. Sophos protects your web browsing by blocking web pages with threats. You can check every link you want to visit to avoid malicious content. It secures your Wi-Fi connection. You can store all your accounts data in a KeePass-compatible password database. If you want to use antivirus for free, Sophos can be one of the best options for you.
- Sophos is complete malware protection for your Android.
- It scans all apps and storage contents.
- It blocks web pages that contain threats.
- Sophos will advise you to improve your security.
- Using this app, you can protect your passwords.
10. BullGuard Mobile Security Free
BullGuard Mobile Security is intelligent protection for your Android phone against all types of malware, spam calls, and theft. This app is a cloud-based AV engine that doesn’t drain your battery. After installing apps, BullGuard immediately scans them and notifies you if they are malicious or suspicious. It is a smart anti-malware app that offers 360-degree protection.
BullGuard ensures you up-to-the-minute protection always. You can easily backup your contacts, calendar, files and safely store them in BullGuard’s server. If your device is stolen, you can wipe your device remotely by using the anti-theft feature.
BullGuard offers you most of its features for free. In the premium version, it offers you a parental control feature and secures up to 5 devices. The premium version costs $19.99.
- BullGuard gives you protection against all shades of malware.
- This app enhances your phone’s battery life.
- It offers you fast and immediate scanning.
- Using this app, you can easily backup and restore critical data.
- You can track, locate and wipe your phone remotely by using the anti-theft feature.
- BullGuard offers you expert support options to endure your highest safety.
11. Malwarebytes Security
Malwarebytes Security automatically detects and removes any threats for your most-used Android device. With its advanced technologies, deal with dangerous newcomers before they become a problem. Malwarebytes ensures your safe web surfing by detecting phishing URLs. It protects you from online scams and blocks malicious web pages. This app monitors every app on your Android device, what information you are sharing, and maintains your safety. Malwarebytes provides you a monthly health report of your device for your mental peace.
You can enjoy a 30-days trial of the Malwarebytes Premium version; after that, it will detect and remove threats for free. You can buy the Premium version at $11.99/year.
- With advanced technologies, Malwarebytes protects you from a dangerous newcomer like ransomware.
- Using this app, you will have safe web surfing.
- It blocks malicious web pages.
- Malwarebytes audits all apps on your device to maintain your safety.
- This searches all your files and saves them from threats.
12. ESET Mobile Security and Antivirus
ESET Mobile Security and Antivirus are some of the popular antivirus apps. This Android security app secures your device against cybersecurity issues. It detects and removes viruses, adware, ransomware, phishing, and other malware while checking your emails, downloading files, banking, or simply browsing the web. This app provides you extra security when you use any financial app. You will have real-time scanning and scheduled scanning both. In the Security Audit feature, you can check every app you installed whether it is safe or not for you.
ESET offers you a 30 days trial of its premium version. To buy the premium version, you have to pay $14.99 per year.
- You can use your Android device without worrying about viruses, adware, ransomware, and other phishing.
- ESET takes care of your money by protecting your financial apps.
- Its proactive anti-theft feature helps you to find your lost or stolen phone.
- This app secures every app on your device.
- ESET offers you real-time protection.
13. AVG Antivirus
AVG Antivirus protects your Android from harmful viruses and malware silently once you install it. This also secures your data with app lock, photo vault feature. It scans your apps, games, files in real-time. It cleans unnecessary data and speeds up your device. The AVG anti-malware app finds your lost or stolen phone via Google maps. It gives you an alert if your passwords are at risk. Scan your Wi-Fi connection for threats.
You can have a one-month free trial. Buy AVG antivirus at $14.99 per year.
- AVG Antivirus protects your Android from the latest viruses, malware, spyware, unsafe apps, settings, and other nasty threats.
- You can track and locate your lost or stolen device on Google map.
- Using this app, you can wipe important data remotely and save it from falling into the wrong hands.
- It will take a secret photo if someone tries to break into your phone.
- AVG Antivirus speeds up your phone and saves your battery life.
14. Panda Dome Antivirus
Panda Dome Antivirus offers you decent antivirus protection with a VPN. It protects your smartphone from viruses, malware, ransomware. You can use this app remotely from an Android Wear smartwatch. It offers you a real-time scan every time you install a new app. Panda Dome also runs an on-demand scan of your files and storage. Its Privacy Auditor feature keeps checking and displaying which apps try to access your contacts, photos, location, etc. Panda Dome has an Anti-theft feature. You can locate and lock your lost or stolen device remotely. In Panda’s Pro version, you can block unwanted numbers. It also alerts you if someone tries to break into your phone.
You can use Panda Dome Antivirus for free. It also has different Pro versions. You can buy them at $17.49-$29.49.
- Panda Dome protects from threats while you browse, play or work online.
- This anti-malware app offers you real-time protection and the latest updates.
- Using this app, you will use a protected Wi-Fi network.
- With the Parental Control feature, you can control children’s exposure to the internet.
- By deleting unnecessary files speeds up your device.
- Panda Dome saves and syncs all your passwords.
15. Dr.Web Security Space
Dr.Web gives you complete protection against all types of threats. With unique Origin Tracking technology, this app detects new and unknown malware and removes them. Dr.Web provides real-time scanning. It protects your device from ransomware. This app checks all URLs you visit and block them if there is any threat. It has an anti-theft feature to protect your data. The security auditor feature detects security issues and eliminates them for you. Dr.Web also provides you with a parental control feature.
You can use the Dr. web anti-malware app free for 14 days. You can buy it at $8 per year and $89 for a lifetime.
- Dr.Web provides complete protection against all types of threats.
- This app offers real-time scanning.
- It provides you detailed statistics on your phone security.
- Dr.Web provides you safe web surfing.
- It protects your passwords.
- You can avoid unnecessary calls and messages.
Don’t wait for the disaster. Viruses, malware can destroy your device. Moreover, you may lose all your private and vital data. Having antivirus software is the best way to keep your Android device safe. This small program named virus can be a cause of big trouble. An antivirus app also helps your device to give better performance. From this article, there are the best 15 antiviruses and anti-malware apps listed for you. Make a good choice and save your Android.