Around the world, internet users from individuals to government and private organizations are concerned with cybersecurity issues. As the technologies are getting upgraded, so does hacking, spamming, or phishing, causing data and monetary damages. The threat of cybersecurity is ever-present in every sector where the internet is used. And statistics show that the threats are showing no sign of stopping. How can you keep your devices safe from these types of threats? Well, malware is one of the common methods hackers use to attack a network or device. So it is a good idea to make your defense against malware strong.
This article will go through 15 of the best free malware removal tools for Windows PC. At the end of the article, you will get the perfect tool to keep your PC protected against all malicious programs.
What is malware? It’s a question that is natural to come to your head. Malware is an acronym for all malicious software and programs that v=can harm your PC and breach your privacy and steal valuable information or manipulate them. It is an umbrella term under which all kinds of harmful computer programs used by miscreants or hackers are covered.
Using different types of malware, cybercriminals or cyberbullies can breach your computer or cloud storage and steal valuable information like ID number, Credit card information, social security number, or even transfer money to offshore accounts.
A computer may contact malware by USB drives, downloaded files, e-mail, or by clicking on a suspicious link.
Types of Different Malware
By types of malware, we mean how malware infects a desktop or other similar devices. The most common types of malware are
- Worm: A worm is a standalone malware. After entering the target, it reproduces itself and makes its way to all the connected devices and accounts. It is the most common type of malware as it is hard to track. Hackers use presumably safe websites and files to spread worms.
- Virus: Though we call every harmful malware virus, it is just one of three malware kinds. A virus is a computer code that can spread uncontrollably and damage any good device. It can destroy any machine from the core entirely and make it unusable.
- Trojan: Trojan is a malicious program that tricks users into trusting them, and users activate them without knowing. This leads to the fast-spreading of malware and results in massive data breaches.
Different types of attacks used by malware to infect a device
These are the most common types of attacks used by malware to infect a device-
- Spyware: spyware is malware that is specifically used to spy on you. This malware secretly collects information about you and transfers it to the attackers.
- Rootkit: Rootkit is a malicious program that gives remote access to your device to the attacker.
- Adware: It is not directly harmful, but it checks your online activity and presents your annoying ads. It can also make way for other malware.
- Ransomware: After infecting your device, it encrypts and locks your valuable information and asks for Ransom to get your access back.
- Botnets: Botnets are a network of an infected computer that works under the hacker’s command and can cause serious security issues to any system and place.
- Malvertising: Malvertising is a tricky piece of malware. It hides behind trusted and reliable advertisements and links then sneak into your system to cause harm.
Preventing and Protecting Against Malware
The best method of preventing any malware breach is to beef up your system’s protection and firewall. You can do that by following these methods-
- Always keep your Windows and Mac OS updated with the latest security patch.
- Keep an inventory of your PC’s hardware that helps you to determine what to protect.
- Use a trusted malware removal software on your system. Below we have listed the best free malware removal for windows 10.
List of the Best Free Malware Removal Programs
|Name||Pricing Model||Real-Time Protection||Price||Our Ratings||Best Features|
|Sparta Antivirus||Lifetime||Yes||30 days free trial, $49.99.||5/5||Remove Malware and Fix your PC|
|Avira||1-year subscription||Yes||Free, Premium: $44.99/year.||5/5||All-in-one solution for anti-virus|
|Restoro||License||Yes||Free.||5/5||Perfect for Protecting & removing malware|
|Advanced System Protector||Free, Annual Subscription.||No||Free,
|4.5/5||Best Security software|
|Malwarebytes||Free, Premium||Only for the premium||Free, Premium: $11.99/per month.||4.5/5||High-quality scanning engine|
|Advanced SystemCare||Free, Annual Subscription||Yes||Free,
Premium: $17.69 for 3 PC.
|4.5/5||Cleaning & optimizing specialist|
|Bitdefender Antivirus||One-Time License||No||Free,
Premium: $60 per year.
|4.5/5||Best Anti-malware protection against threats|
AVG Internet Security: $99.99/year.
|Avast Internet Security||One-Time License||With premium only||30 days free trial,
|5/5||Top range security, privacy protection.|
|SMADAV||Free, Annual Subscription||Yes||Free,
Premium: $240/ Year.
|Hitman Pro||Annual Subscription||No||30-day free trial, $24.95||4/5||Ransomware protection.|
|Emsisoft||Annual Subscription||Yes||Free trial||4/5||Scans forthe virus in program codes|
|Comodo||Annual Subscription||No||Free trial||4/5||Simplicity|
|MSRT||Free||No||Free||4.5/5||Three types of protection|
1. Sparta Antivirus
Sparta Antivirus is one of the latest technologically advanced free malware removal tools that can help you keep your Windows safe against almost all malware. They give you the best experience combating both offline and online malware programs.
This malware removal software’s intelligent algorithm is combined with an AI, which keeps it up to date with all the new viruses and worms. It keeps your passwords, e-mails, transaction information, and other sensitive information secured and protected from any threat. It runs in the background without hampering the performance of your machine.
- It is capable of detecting malicious and unsecured IPs and instantly blocks them.
- It comes with all types of malware protection.
- Sparta Antivirus shows reports of all the scans and threats.
- It gives you complete privacy protection.
Avira is the all-in-one solution that you are looking for to secure your desktop. It comes with antivirus, speed booster, VPN, and many more. It is a free malware remover that has an Android version with a VPN that is also free.
Avira helps protect your data from unauthorized access. It performs auto-scans to keep your system clean from suspicious malware. It has a system and junk file cleaner built in it. Its browser extension is also beneficial. It gives you performance reports, shows which system and drivers need an update, and tracks your online activity.
- Avira comes with the solution to protect you from ransomware, spyware, online threats, and crypto-mining malware.
- It uses a cloud-based system to prevent the latest threats to your system.
- Avira has an additional VPN built in to stop hackers from tracking your location.
- It supports real-time protection.
Restoro provides you with a complete Windows repair system. It is a powerful and useful software to keep your data protected from any malware and attacks. It provides real-time protection as well as removes any existing viruses, worms, and malware.
Restoro comes with functions to remove Trojans, spyware, and adware. You can also use Restoro to repair virus damages. It is compatible with the latest Windows PCs. Restoro offers a free trial. Its one-time license product costs $29.95 for 1-year use. And the unlimited use support for a single year is priced at $39.95.
- Restoro can detect dangerous sites, links and prevents you from opening them by accident.
- It also detects any malicious apps in real-time.
- It can virtually remove a corrupted file and replace it with a new one.
4. Systweak Advanced System Protector
Advanced System Protector is one of the best free malware removal programs for Windows 10. It is the ultimate protection to safeguard your system. This free spyware removal tool is perfect for your Windows devices. It protects your PC from Trojans, Adware, Spyware, Botnets, and all other viruses.
Advanced System Protector will keep your files secure and prevent any unauthorized access. You can download the adware remover for free. Anyone can unlock all the features for just $29.95 before April 10, 2021. You can also get Systweak PhotoStudio v2.1free with the purchase.
- Advanced System Protector has a powerful engine to clean up your Windows PC.
- It can detect and prevent unwanted sites and links.
- Advanced System Protector gives you total protection against all types of sneaky malware.
Malwarebytes is the latest free malware removal software that gives 3600 protection on your device. Their tagline is catchy, ‘Like antivirus, but smart’, and they are true to their tagline. It is not your average antivirus. Malwarebytes can automatically detect any malicious file and remove it. It also checks any USB devices you plug into the PC.
The free version of Malwarebytes comes with all the basic support. But if you require real-time protection, then it is recommended you upgrade to the premium version for just $11.99/per month.
- Malwarebytes has a multi-boot check feature.
- It detects almost every malware.
- It is easy to use and user-friendly UI.
6. Advanced SystemCare
Advanced SystemCare 14 is free malware removal software that helps defend your computer from harmful viruses, Trojans, and spyware. It is a handy tool to optimize your system. It is the world’s first PC tune-up utility pack that gives your PC a performance boost, defends it, and keeps your system up to date.
Advanced SystemCare cleans your PC to make it faster. The software itself is stable and can run silently in the background. The software will proactively detect any holes in your security and block them. The app’s trial version is free, and you can use it for 30 days on Windows 10/8/7 and Vista. You can save 50% on the premium if you use the link below. It offers a 60-day money-back guaranty if you don’t like it.
- The app deep cleans the registry.
- It can automatically clear online traces to keep your browsing history clean.
- Advanced SystemCare optimizes the browser and speeds up the internet.
7. Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition
Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition is a free malware remover for mac and Windows PCs, Android smartphones. With this award-winning spyware removal app, you can protect your system from unwanted access and viruses. It is free of charge and gives you real-time protection.
Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition is a lightning-fast antivirus that installs in a second and gives you complete protection. This anti-spyware solution is the best to check your system and keep your system from harm’s way. If you purchase the premium version, you get some additional features like parental control, network threat prevention, etc.
- Bitdefender Antivirus is a complete anti-malware software.
- It comes with multilayer anti-ransomware protection.
- It has parental control to supervise your children’s activity.
- Bitdefender Antivirus gives comprehensive support.
8. AVG 2021
AVG 2021 is the complete solution for an antivirus you are looking for. It is a Windows 10 compatible anti-malware tool. It gives you advanced protection against thieves and hackers. AVG is an all-in-one malware solution, and you won’t have to look for any other option after using AVG 2021.
The AVG 2021 software is packed with safety features and practical tools. It is designed with simplicity for ease of use. The user interface is simple and easy to use. with real-time protection, you don’t even have to worry about a security breach or anything. The AVG Antivirus is free of cost. But for additional AVG internet security, you have to pay USD 99 per year.
- AVG 2021 comes with built-in ransomware protection, anti-spyware, ad-block, and webcam protection.
- It has an enhanced firewall to protect your device.
- AI-based real-time protection.
9. Avast Free Antivirus
Avast Free Antivirus is your first online protection for free. It is an anti-malware tool that gives the perfect security online and offline. It blocks off unauthorized access, stops unsecured websites and links, and firewalls your data.
The software is free, but you can unlock many additional features if you purchase their premium version. The antivirus can detect scam emails and help you from fake websites. The free version keeps away malware, informs you about apps that need updates, and performs auto-scans every month.
- It comes with 3600 Virus protection.
- Avast keeps you protected from ransomware and spyware.
- It also has anti-spam protection with an intelligent virus detector.
- Auto performs smart scans every month.
10. Smadav USB protection and protection
Smadav USB protection and protection is the best free malware removal for securing your PC from unwanted threats. It is a secondary Antivirus that scans any USB device you connect to your PC for viruses and malware.
Smadav is the perfect solution for you if you connect USB drives to your PC regularly. It automatically scans the devices and removes any threats if present. It is a helpful USB anti-malware app that is suitable for Windows and macOS. The AI helps to detect any new virus that may attack your system. The app is updated periodically, so it is ready to protect your machine perfectly.
- Complete USB device protection for your PC.
- The AI detects new viruses to keep your device protected.
- You can recover hidden files with Smadav Antivirus.
11. Hitman Pro
Hitman Pro is a professional anti-malware tool for your PC. It is a powerful software with a bunch of security tools. Hitman Pro is the perfect app to be used for high-level protection against spyware, worms, and ransomware attacks. Moreover, HitmanPro uses machine learning to detect any new viruses and worms that may affect your system.
There is no free version of Hitman Pro. However, Hitman Pro has a free trial version for 30-days. You can first try the trial, and if you enjoy it, then the whole pack is only $24.95 for you to grab.
- It gives multilayered protection to your system.
- Ransomware protection and adware protection make it one of the best on the market.
Emsisoft is an award-winning malware detector and remover for Windows only PC. It is a virus remover tool for the urgent remedy of any attack. Emsisoft protects all of your data online and offline. It comes with real-time protection and keeps your system updated on any new malware.
Emsisoft can additionally protect you from Phishing, false advertising, and spyware. The app has a free trial version that you can try. It is a complete solution for keeping you and your privacy safe.
- It has a command-line scanner to give 100% protection from hackers.
- Malware scanning is performed automatically.
- The app updates itself on its own over Wi-Fi.
- You can whitelist apps and block apps if you want.
13. Comodo Cybersecurity
Comodo is another excellent free malware removal app. The line of security of Comodo is flawless. You can protect your PC with Comodo and be worry-free. The app is free to use and comes with all the protection you require. It offers a free trial of the software that you can try for 30- days. It is a perfect app for preventing security breaches and keeping your system safe.
- Comodo automatically scans for viruses and spyware.
- It comes with a built-in anti-spam filter to block spam emails and texts.
- Comodo shreds unnecessary files and disinfects your system of any virus.
14. Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT)
Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) is a free anti-malware tool from Microsoft. It comes with the Windows OS and is updated with the OS version update. But if your OS doesn’t have it, then we recommend you install it right away.
MSRT is helpful to scan, detect and remove malware and viruses. It can prevent data breaches and block unsafe apps from installing on your device. Though it defends your system from a few malware, something is better than nothing. And the anti-virus is not that bad. It is a pretty handy free anti-malware tool.
- Three types of scans protect your system.
- It comes with a basic Windows UI that is easy to use.
- Lightweight and free app.
15. Check Point ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus+
ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus+ is a free malware removal for Windows PC. It combines Kaspersky-powered antivirus with a robust firewall to protect your system. It is a challenging licensed protection app from Kaspersky. You get the security of the Kaspersky Antivirus but for free.
It is an excellent free spyware remover but is not entirely appropriate for ad blocks and adware. For a free basic antivirus ZoneAlarm, Free Antivirus+ is excellent.
- ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus+ is a free antivirus.
- It gives you the protection of Kaspersky for free.
- It has a two-way firewall for extra security.
All malware-removing tools have their merits and demerits. But if you don’t have one, you should get one. Free malware removal tools surely help to keep your machine from cyber threats. It is sensible to purchase a premium anti-malware program and use it if you work online regularly. But if you don’t use the internet often and don’t want to spend money, then these malware removal tools from our list might help.
Comment down below which of the apps you found helpful for your PC from the 15 best free malware removal tools for Windows in 2021. Spread the knowledge and help your friends and family to protect their devices by sharing this article. Like our Facebook page for regular updates.