Because of covid-19, the uses of online classes have become popular. As a teacher and student, you must need a suitable video conferencing application for interaction. In this article, we’ll suggest the 15 best video calling apps for PCs in 2021.
In the Covid situation, the popularity of video chat apps increases a lot. People use the mobile video chat application and are using PC to PC calling applications for video conferencing, online classes, and collaboration for corporate meetings. Our study will try to find out the best 20 video calling software for Windows and other PCs.
What Is Video Conferencing Software?
Video confirmation software is a mobile or computer application to communicate with many to many people. For distance communication, people use it for meetings and conferences. Almost all educational institutions use free video conferencing software for an online class during the covid-19 situation. There is a limit for the free version. For example, you can use a certain number of participants or use it for a limited amount of time.
Best Video Calling App For Online Conference Class
Here video chatting app for PC means you can use it on almost all the devices like laptops, desktops, tablets, smart television, and mobile phone. We will focus on applications for slow internet connection. However, a stable and good internet connection will give you an additional advantage.
Skype is one of the freest video calling applications for laptops, desktops, tablets, smartphones, and many other electronic devices. Almost all the countries of the world are using this free telecommunication software.
- Skype is the most popular free video calling application.
- It shows a notification to its connected friends about his/her online status.
- Almost all smartwatches and Xbox consoles have this application.
- It has become more famous for its Instant messaging service.
- The last 17 years of service have covered Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and IOS operating systems.
- More than 40 million people use applications daily, and more than a hundred million people use them every month.
- Skype on a hybrid peer-to-peer and client-server system.
- Twenty-five people can share their computer screen at a time with this application.
- Now it is using a blurred background for the chat interface using artificial intelligence features.
2. Facebook Video Chat
The video chatting application of Facebook is highly secured. The data is encrypted, so nobody can see your video unless you allow them to oversee it. But Facebook has the authorization to see your data anytime.
When you give authorization to an unknown third party, then they can see your profile on Facebook. But if your Facebook ID is hacked, your video cannot be seen because they do not save any video for the future. Facebook video chat is highly secure unless your partner record and shares it with others.
- Facebook is the world’s largest social media and people can use video calling options from its homepage.
- In the chat area, you can click the video call icon to connect with your friends on your Android and IOS mobile.
- There is an option to use mobile data or Wi-Fi data.
- Now you are allowed to connect 50 people for group calls.
- You can integrate the Facebook messenger app with FaceTime and Google Hangout.
- There is no limitation of calling time to connect 50 people.
- The maximum video size is 25 megabytes as an attachment.
- Indian robot video calling and chatting on the same Platform.
3. IMO Messenger
IMO is one of the best video calling app for PC and Android with a slow internet connection. It is just like other video messaging apps for PCs. On IMO’s official homepage, you will get the IMO download link for Android, Windows, iOS, and MAC PC. The size of the Windows app is only 11.4 MB.
- IMO is suitable for voice, text, and expression sharing.
- You can share your story with images, text, and videos like Facebook.
- You can send video PDFs and music files up to 10 GB.
- IMO is highly effective for slow internet connection.
- You can join or create any big group of the same interest to meet with people.
- The user can decorate his profile with a music video background, bio, and many other things.
- IMO is awarded a level. The more time you remain logged in, your level will be higher, and you will achieve great fun and experience.
- You can install IMO on Windows 10 as simple as on your smartphone.
- IMO does not have any safety features like WhatsApp and Google Hangout.
4. Google Hangout
Google Hangout is the cross-platform best video calling software by Google. After 2013, this product has replaced Google+. Messenger and Google Talk. In 2000, Google Hangout was also replaced by Google Chat. Devices can use Hangout.
- Two or more users can join the conversation.
- The service needs a Google Mail account to use on your laptop, desktop, and mobile phone.
- Your chat story is saved online.
- You can share photos during your conversation, which is automatically stored on your account.
- 25 concurrent users can use the application for online classes, meetings, and gossip.
- Some countries like Argentina, China, Cuba, Egypt, Ghana, etc., are not allowed this video chat app.
5. Viber Messenger
Viber is a free and fast voice and video messaging platform all over the world. This secure application is the number 1 choice for billions of users. You can send text for free, and the voice quality is crystal clear. This cross-platform voice over IP application needs a cellular telephone number to connect and register.
- Viber is the application for all the devices.
- Israel-based organization Viber media introduced it in 2010, the Japanese Company Rakuten took ownership of this best cross-platform video calling app.
- The office of Viber is located in 15 different locations like London, San Francisco, Singapore, Manila, Minsk, Moscow, Paris, etc.
The line is one of the best video calling app for PC. It is free and fast, always available, and highly secured. You can send the message from one to one and group whatever you like. The free international video call is available for an unlimited time.
- Line has over 10000 stickers for its users.
- It allows you to share photos, videos, and location.
- Besides messaging features, you can use it as a news portal.
- You can make your timeline with your photos and videos.
- The line offers OpenChat for few countries like Indonesia, Japan, Taiwan, and Thailand.
7. Cisco Webex
When you plan to use a free, HD video calling app of 100 participants, we will recommend Cisco Webex. This American based networking company is specialized in web conferencing and video conferencing applications. It is used for business purposes and reduces the cost and effort.
- Cisco Webex offers various features like team collaboration, online training management, and video conferencing.
- You can download it for your Windows PC, or you can install it on your smartphone.
- It works well with others like Outlook, Google Drive, Gmail, Github, Office 365, etc.
- Cisco products are not free, and you have to pay for them.
We want to introduce another messaging application, and its name is Tango. It is a cross-platform app that is usable on Windows and Android. You can do voice calls, video calls, texting, gaming, and many other things. It is also a B2B platform for live video broadcasts. Tango supports many languages, like Hindi, Turkeys, Spaniels, Russian, and English.
- Tango is an app for showing off like singing, dancing, cooking, gaming, and many more.
- You will get fun and earn money for free here.
- You can beautify your live stream with filters.
- It offers voice and video chat rooms to any of your friends.
- The chat can be public and private.
9. Messenger for Windows 10
Messenger for Windows 10 is for the big screen of close connections. Almost all of us use the great application of Facebook. Because of this application, you can do multitasking. Typing and chatting become easier. It is free with the high-quality video quality.
- Messenger for Windows 10 is to go big screen with the messenger.
- You can use the messenger on Android, iOS, and Windows OS.
- Unlimited free video and phone calls are now more comfortable with this Facebook application.
- There is no limit to sending videos and messages.
- With robust video and calling features, you can host meetings and share your screen.
Another popular app for voice chatting is Zalo. It is a market-leading application for video conferencing and voice chatting. This voice application works well on both WiFi and 3G. Beside Screen snipping and annotating, you will get high-level privacy here. Moreover, file transfer is faster and easier.
- Without any effort, Zalo allows you to send group messages.
- You can do voice and video calls.
- With emotion and stickers, you can express your feelings.
- Zalo Android application is very popular.
- You will make nearby friends easily.
WhatsApp is one of the best encryption voice and text messaging applications. This chat application supports highly secured video conferencing. It is free for all users all over the world. If you are a businessman, you can use WhatsApp business.
- WhatsApp is a simple, secure, and reliable messaging application.
- You can install it on your Mac, Windows, and Android phone.
- Unlike other social media, WhatsApp is a highly secure social media platform.
- It is not compliant with the regulation of privacy like GDPR.
- WhatsApp web is one of the best video calling applications for PC.
WeChat is one of the best Chinese popular file, text, and image messaging apps for PC. Besides the Windows app, it supports smartphones. Now it is considered one of the best stand-alone app for file sharing. You can use WeChat for text messaging, video conferencing, location sharing, and photograph sharing.
- WeChat Chinese app has an English version.
- We need a mobile number to sign up.
- It is relatively simple for text and file transfer.
- You can not use the WeChat Windows texting app without a mobile number.
- It does not support any audio and video functions.
Another essential low-bandwidth best video calling software for PC is Vsee. It is one of the best screen sharing software tools for group video chat. We can chat in real-time from multiple locations. In the concurrent time, you can see the video face and the screen of the participant. Only 50 kbps is enough to chat in real-time.
- Vsee is a secure and user-friendly video conferencing app for slow-speed internet users.
- It is Encrypted with a military-grade 256-bit AES encryption system.
- It supports group chat for up to 20 people.
- You will like remote camera control and additional camera supports.
- During a video chat, you can do group and video chat.
14. TokBox Video Calling App
TokBox is another San Francisco based video conferencing software service provider that works on Platform as a service. Many organizations integrate this messaging application for their enterprise. Generally, much small business CRM software wants to incorporate this software.
- Many businesses want to integrate TokBox as a reliable and secure communication platform.
- It is HIPAA compliant.
- TokBox is now part of Vonage.
In our day to day life, we are fond of having a GNU General Public License. When it is VOIP software, then we feel good. Ekiga is such a software that makes us happy. We can communicate with this popular video-conferencing application.
Ekiga was first introduced as GnomeMeeting for GNOME and Microsoft Windows. Until October 2009, this VOIP app was clint of Ubuntu, but it was replaced by Empathy after that. This messaging application supports high-quality audio and video codes.
- Ekiga is easy to use with a modern graphical interface.
- You can make free video and audio calls with this software.
- You can make the call of HD sound quality with this GNU app.
- It supports both Windows and Linux.
When we use a PC application for chatting instead of using a mobile application, we can multitask. Moreover, additional PC features are a bonus for chatting. Which best video calling app for PC do you like most? Please inform us by comment.