Life gets stressful because of studies, work, or paying rent and utility bills. There’s never an ending to the things that make our lives chaotic. One must learn to relax their body, mind, and soul to cope with their hectic life. Yoga is one of the best ways to revitalize yourself. With the help of smartphones, anybody can learn and do Yoga anywhere. This article will discuss the best free Android yoga appsAndroideginners and Professionals can use to help lead a more stable life.
What is Yoga?
But Yoga is the union of body, mind, and soul. It is a practice that improves our mental health and physical health. Yoga originated in India and has been practiced by many since ancient times. It makes you conscious of yourself and the universal power surrounding you.
Yoga is now commonly interpreted as a physical execution of asana, i.e., several body postures combined with Ashtanga and Vinyasa Flow. Asana is said to relax the body, help increase stamina, and improve body strength, flexibility, and balance. However, this describes a small part of Yoga. According to Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras collection, traditional Yoga comprises eight divine sections called the Eight Limbs of Yoga. These Eight Limbs help lead a life with more honesty, self-control, respect, love for nature, and a stronger bond with spirituality.
The Eight Limbs of Yoga are
- Yamas—includes five moral paths to follow: no violence, being truthful, stealing, self-restraint to sensual desires, and not being greedy towards materialistic things.
- Niyamas—includes five spiritual and self-control paths to follow: being clean, being satisfied with what you have, strictly maintaining spiritual practices, studying scriptures, and having complete faith in God.
- Asana—includes body postures when performing Yoga.
- Pranayama includes respiratory exercises to stabilize prana flow, a vital life force.
- Pratyahara—it means withdrawing from all the senses.
- Dharana — it means focusing on one activity only.
- Dhyana—performing meditation.
- Samadhi—having the freedom of uniting with the Divine.
Before we get to our list of top 20 yoga apps for Android, have a look at the four yoga paths that have been followed since ancient times:
- Bhakti (relating to devotion);
- Karma (relating to selfless action);
- Jnana (relating to self-study);
- Raja (relating to self-discipline).
Yoga vs. Meditation: Difference between Yoga and Meditation
A widespread discussion amongst many is that meditation is the same as Yoga. It is partially true. Mediation is a part of Yoga that deals with only mental stability. Yoga, on the other hand, deals with both our physical and mental well-being. Yoga involves respiratory exercises and body postures, while meditation is about improving concentration. It is the seventh limb of Yoga, called Dhyana.
How Does Yoga Benefit Us?
In this article, these yoga training apps for AndroidAndroid can help bring more stability into your life. We list some other excellent advantages below:
- Yoga strengthens you and makes you more balanced and flexible.
- It can reduce back pain.
- It eases arthritis symptoms.
- Yoga strengthens heart health.
- Yoga helps you to be calmer and have better sleep.
- This gives you more energy and improves your mood.
- Yoga helps with dealing with stress.
- Finally, it encourages you to practice self-care
Best 20 Yoga Apps for Android
We have finally reached the section where we list the best yoga apps. However, with their unique features, each has become popular amongst both beginner and professional yoga lovers.
1. Down Dog
Down Dog falls under the list of best free exercise apps in 2021 because of having over 60,000 configurations. Hence, it does not follow the style of offering pre-recorded yoga videos. This app offers classes are studio-like quality with many exercises and music plays. You will get different yoga practices with many yoga postures and workouts every time you use this app.
- Down Dog is suitable for people at a beginner’s level or those at the expert level.
- It offers many different yoga practice types, such as Hatha, Vinyasa, Restorative, and many other practices.
- All the yoga workouts in this app are to help relieve back pain. The boost feature is a feature that aims explicitly at Back Strength, Low Back Opening, and Backbends.
- Down Dog provides voices by 6 yoga gurus so you can follow guidance on Yoga with the voice you like.
- This is amongst the best yoga music apps for androidAndroid The music is falling and rising according to your breathing.
- It comes in 10 different languages, including English. Hence, people of different nationalities can enjoy this app in their native language.
Free or Paid: It offers both paid and free versions; paid versions are available at a $7.99 monthly subscription and a $49.99 yearly subscription.
2. Yoga for Beginners-Yoga Exercises at Home
Yoga for Beginners is one of the top free yoga apps for androidAndroidlaims to be 100% free. It focuses on improving your body’s flexibility and balance. Flexibility reduces the risk of injuries, boosts performance in everyday activities, and keeps you healthy and fit with good body postures. The app offers easy stretches for specific muscles to bring more balance and flexibility to your body.
- Yoga for Beginners provided yoga workouts are suitable for beginners and advanced levels.
- Suitable for all age ranges and genders, i.e., young, old, men, and women.
- Well-thought yoga exercises are provided for specific muscles to improve flexibility.
- It gives a reminder every day to its users to keep them motivated.
- Yoga for Beginners offers a 30 Day Yoga challenge to challenge its users.
Free or Paid: Free.
3. Yoga–Track Yoga
Track Yoga is an outstanding yoga app for weight loss. Not only that, the app offers many freestyle yoga-based exercises that can improve your body flexibility, fight depression and even help with the relief of cold symptoms.
Track Yoga includes many yoga forms, such as Pranayama, Hatha, Vinyasa, Baba Ramdev, and many more. This makes this app suitable for everyone, whether at beginner’s level or intermediate or even advanced yoga practitioners.
- Track Yoga has an HD feature allowing users to practice Yoga on a big screen.
- You can set up weekly goals and let the app track how you’re progressing with these goals.
- You will be rewarded with badges for every yoga goal milestone you reach. This helps you to be more motivated.
- Track Yoga sends daily reminders to you on your phone to help you achieve your weekly goals.
- You can earn free Kriya points on this app after every yoga class practice and use these points to unlock premium content.
Free or Paid: Both paid versions are available at $2.99 monthly and $19.99 yearly.
If you want to approach Yoga more meditatively, Gaia is the one for you. Gaia gives you access to over 8,000 videos on yoga workouts, meditation, and spirituality. It helps you heal your mind and soul through different yoga practices.
- Gaia includes documentaries on nutrition and videos on spirituality and soul healing.
- It contains other fascinating topics like mythology and astrology.
- World-class yoga mentors share their knowledge on spiritualism and meditation to help unlock your divine chakras.
- Gaia inspires you to challenge yourself spiritually and transforms how you think with astrology, mythology, and documentaries on nutrition.
Free or Paid: 7-day Free trial version with a paid version available at $12 monthly and $99 yearly subscriptions.
5. DDP Yoga Now
There’s an inspiring story behind the making of the DDP Yoga Now app that motivates its subscribers even more in their yoga journey. Diamond Dallas Page is a retired wrestler who severely injured his back and was told to quit his wrestling career. He was determined to get back to wrestling.
Diamond developed his fitness program that required minimal joint pressure. Thanks to this, his health improved, and he could resume his wrestling career. The app has featured shows like Good Morning America, Shark Tank, The New York Times, and The Doctors for its well-thought fitness plan.
- The central theme of DDP Yoga Now is motivation towards living a healthier life. It contains many motivational and inspiring stories of those whose lives have changed since joining the program.
- It has an ever-growing collection of workouts with healthy recipes and nutrition-based tips.
- DDP Yoga Now puts you into a fitness program where you don’t need running, lifting, or jumping to stay fit. The DDPY REBUILD programs are designed in such a way that you can exercise with limited movements.
- This app is even suitable for kids and pregnant ladies.
- It gives you access to live-streamed exercises every week, hosted by Diamond Dallas Page himself.
- The app also includes a Bluetooth Heart Monitor compatibility feature to track how many calories you’ve burned.
Free or Paid: 7-day Free trial version with a paid version available at $29.99 monthly and $107.88 yearly.
6. Keep Yoga: Yoga Apps for Android
Keep Yoga app download is worth it because of its extensive library of workouts. It has different styles of Yoga for different levels of yogis. It also gives you many choices in music to keep you calm and composed while you practice Yoga.
- Keep Yoga app has an enormous collection of yoga workouts and sessions. It offers over 400 yoga poses and over 10 class lessons taken by experts.
- It is suitable for different levels of yoga practitioners.
- Keep Yoga’s soothing voice guides you in yoga sessions, and detailed tutorial videos will help you learn better.
- You will also have a clearer understanding of the benefits of different yoga poses as you practice.
- It also works as a free music player and plays relaxing music while practicing, which helps you stay focused and calm your mind.
- You can also invite your friends and family and practice with them.
- A workout log is available to help you view your results after training.
Free or Paid: Free and offer in-app purchases.
7. Daily Yoga
This Daily yoga app has a vast library of yoga workouts that yogis of beginner to advanced levels can practice. It is a very convenient app that allows you to create your private yoga plan and allows you to practice whenever you get time. Some world-class yoga teachers teach step-by-step exercises to help you follow through.
- The Daily Yoga app has over 500 workout sessions to balance your mind and soul. There are more than 40 professional yoga teachers to mentor you.
- The app is available in many other languages to help users practice in their native language.
- It comes with a “dark mode” that can put less strain on your eyes when using the app.
- Daily Yoga gives you access to the global yoga community online. This way, you feel motivated to practice Yoga, share your experiences, or even ask for tips.
- You can use the app online by downloading the classes and practicing whenever and wherever you want.
- With the help of smartwatches, this app allows you to track your progress, how many calories you have burned, and your heart rate.
Free or Paid: 7-day Free trial version with a paid version available at $10 monthly and $40 yearly subscriptions.
8. Yoga Workout
Yoga Workout is one of the highly recommended free Android yoga apps for Android beneficial for those just learning Yoga. It teaches the basics of asanas and shows tutorial videos in 3D animation, making it a lot easier for beginners to learn.
- The Yoga Workout app is 100% free; hence, We can use all the features without payment.
- It can record your BMI and weight and keep you updated.
- There’s no other equipment needed to follow the lessons in this app
- Yoga Workout is suitable for both genders.
- It helps you keep track of your progress by providing a history of all the exercises you’ve done.
Free or Paid: Free
9. Yoga Daily Fitness
Yoga Daily Fitness is one of the best yoga apps for androidAndroidownload, where you can easily follow the instructions and listen to relaxing music as you perform Yoga. It helps bring more stability to your body, mind, and soul through detailed tutorial videos on Yoga.
- Yoga Daily Fitness is an excellent app for beginners.
- The app includes different yoga poses with detailed instructions.
- Yoga Daily Fitness offers a great fitness plan to help you follow through.
- There’s a 30-day yoga practice program to challenge you.
- There’s an alarm reminder to help you stay on track in your journey to learn Yoga.
Free or Paid: Both free and paid versions are available with Paid versions offer.99 monthly subscription and a $49.99 yearly subscription.
10. 5-Minute Yoga
This 5 Minute Yoga app does what the name suggests. It offers simple 5-minute yoga sessions that can be done within a few minutes. Even though there are no tutorial videos, the clear pictures showing yoga workouts can be easily understood and followed. It is one of those yoga apps that is very popular among beginners.
The 5-minute yoga app is one of those that doesn’t use too much of your internet data for streaming video. It needs a subscription for every content. However, it is relatively cheap compared to other apps. If you pay $8.49, you will get lifetime access to all the content.
- 5 Minute Yoga requires just 5 minutes daily to teach you all the basics of Yoga.
- It doesn’t require too much internet data since the contents are images.
- No internet is needed. Hence, you can easily use 5 Minute Yoga offline.
- It needs a subscription for all the lessons it offers, but the subscription prices are pretty low compared to others ( $8.49 for a lifetime membership)
Free or Paid: Paid with a monthly subscription at $1.99 and a yearly subscription at $5.99.
11. Simply Yoga- Yoga Apps for Android
Simply yoga app contains elementary and practical steps for yoga practice. It can be used by yogis, from beginners to expert levels. If you are someone who often skips daily exercise, then this is the right app for you. It helps you to keep yourself organized and motivated with these effortless yoga workouts.
- The tutorials are suitable for both men and women to follow.
- Simply Yoga includes pre-defined sessions that help you to practice daily.
- Clear audios and videos for yoga poses help you to understand the materials better.
Free or Paid: Both with a paid version available at $14.99.
12. Yoga for Kids and Family Fitness
The Devs specially designed Yoga for Kids and Family Fitness for families, kids, and beginners who want to stay healthy and fit. Fun Yoga poses, and accessible app settings make it a number one app for people of all ages. Its design and features enable families to engage in an interactive yoga session with their kids.
- Yoga for Kids and Family Fitness helps reduce weight and remedies heart diseases through various yoga positions.
- Easy to use, thanks to simple app settings and a very user-friendly interface.
- Yoga for Kids and Family Fitness app provides an excellent way to bring a family together with kids to practice Yoga.
- Many tutorial videos demonstrate workouts.
- You can easily practice at home with no other equipment.
- It provided suggestions on how to stay healthy and immune.
- We can play music to set a relaxing mood when practicing Yoga.
Free or Paid: Free.
Pranayama means breathing exercises. The 7pranayama app uses a scientifically proven theory to teach Yoga and respiratory exercises. According to the theory, if we practice something for 21 days, then it becomes a habit. Thus, 7pranayama offers a 21-day program with various yoga and respiratory exercises to help us live healthier lives.
- 7pranayama helps you to learn a good habit within 21 days by keeping you motivated and organized.
- Some great exercises to stabilize your breathing pattern.
- They planned the sessions to reduce cholesterol and stabilize sugar levels in the blood.
- Different difficulty levels are available depending on different yoga poses.
- 7pranayama gives reminders to drink water which is very good for your health.
Free or Paid: Free with in-app purchases.
14. Yoga for Weight Loss
This is another outstanding yoga app for weight loss. They have specifically designed Yoga for Weight Loss for those who want to lose weight through Yoga. TherLessonsasanas and different yoga positions that you burn fat. Overall, an excellent free yoga app.
- We can do daily yoga practice in just 10 minutes using Yoga for Weight Loss.
- A reminder will push you to do Yoga.
- There are sessions specifically designed to help you lose belly fat.
- Yoga for Weight Loss is suitable for both genders.
- You can have access to many health advice and nutrition-based tips.
Free or Paid: Free.
15. Pocket Yoga
Pocket Yoga app comes with over 25 yoga sessions with different difficulty levels and duration. The lessons are detailed, with clear demonstrations of performing each yoga pose. It has been listed as one of the “15 Best Beauty Apps” by InStyle and featured on CNN as one of the “10 great mobile health apps”.
- Pocket Yoga features detailed instruction through voice guidance and pictures.
- Over 200 illustrations are available on how to do different poses.
- Every pose has been nicely explained and shown through images.
- Pocket Yoga also syncs the app’s music section with your music player on Android, android. You can listen to any music you like.
Free or paid: $3 to be paid to download the app.
16. Asana Rebel: Get in Shape
Asana Rebel helps you to get a healthy and fit body through Yoga. With the help of this app, you can burn fat, get a lean but muscular body, and increase body flexibility that will eventually improve your everyday performance. These workouts can improve both your physical and mental states.
- Asana Rebel has over 100 tutorials on different yoga workouts.
- You can create your plan for doing Yoga.
- There are previews available on tutorial videos.
- They frequently update the app with new content.
- Asana Rebel comes with a user-friendly interface that helps to use the app.
- We can use the app in 6 languages to enjoy it in their native language.
Free or Paid: Free download with a quarterly subscription at $37.99 and a yearly subscription at $58.99.
17. Yoga Sessions- Yoga Apps for Android
Yoga Sessions is a top-rated app suitable for all yoga learners, no matter their level. It starts with the basics, and once you understand the yoga fundamentals, it gives you access to advanced-level yoga practices. It is a tremendous free yoga app.
- The tutorials help you become more flexible and burn fat.
- Before a session starts, you can view the yoga workouts taught in that session.
- You can also view the time required for a particular session before it starts.
- Yoga Sessions provides tips on how to have a balanced diet to keep you healthy.
Free or Paid: Free.
18. Yoga–Poses and Classes
Yoga-Poses and Classes app is here to help you get that toned-shaped body and energizes your mind and soul. There are many certified trainers for different levels of yoga practitioners. You can quickly attend the sessions whenever you’re free.
- There are over 100 yoga poses for you to practice on Yoga-Poses and Classes.
- Over 20 yoga sessions differ from one another.
- Certified yoga gurus gave all the yoga lessons.
- Yoga-Poses and Classes provide a plan on how to eat healthily.
Free or Paid: Paid with a $12.99 monthly subscription and $35.99 yearly subscription.
19. Yoga Music for Relaxation and Meditation
Most of the previously listed apps for daily Yoga for Android android on different yoga styles to help strengthen the body and mind. However, the Yoga Music for Relaxation and Meditation app prioritizes music and Yoga to help users have a relaxing yoga session. Various sound styles include Tabla Yoga Music, Budha Meditation, and Hatha Yoga Music. This app can also help you meditate to make you calm.
- You can use Yoga Music for Relaxation and Meditation app offline.
- Yoga Music for Relaxation and Meditation is 100% free.
- Suitable for those having insomnia, depression, or Tinnitus because of its soothing music feature.
- It has excellent background images available in HD.
Free or Paid: Free.
20. The Yoga Collective: Free Yoga App
Our list of yoga apps for androidAndroidith this one called The Yoga Collective. It doesn’t matter whether you’re at the beginner, intermediate, or expert levels. This app will be suitable for you. The Yoga Collective teaches various yoga styles, such as Tantra, Hatha, and Kundalini, and provides excellent breathing and hand exercises. Once you become a yoga expert, you can teach yoga classes or build a yoga website with this app’s help.
- The Yoga Collective has over 10 tutorials on yoga poses.
- Users get access to the Training Manual of a Yoga Teacher, which consists of about 650 pages on Yoga.
- Accessible settings and an excellent user interface
- You can use The Yoga Collective offline.
Free or Paid: Free.
Yoga is healing to your mind, body, and soul. Millions and millions of people have practiced it to lead happier and healthier lives. We hope the list of the 20 best free Yoga Apps for Android helps you keep fit and healthy. We have provided the list to guide you to the right path toward becoming the best version of yourself spiritually, mentally, and physically.