From my childhood, the name of the game I heard most is Pokemon. It is a series of video games developed by Nintendo. But, as Windows OS users, we need pokemon game for pc. We will try to list some essential Pokemon games that will help you to pass your leisure time. You can play the game with the Nintendo emulator for PC.
The 20 Best Pokemon Game for PC
If anyone asks you what is your favorite game? I know the answer, and it is pokemon. Nowadays, we do not have a Nintendo gaming console. So you have to try with any Cloud Gaming Console or Nintendo emulator to play pokemon game on PC.
1. Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen
This list will not be complete without multiple entries from Nintendo’s massive hitter franchise, Pokémon. This Game Boy Advance title is a remake of the original Pokémon Red and Blue with improved visuals. Just like the original, Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen retains the classic overhead gameplay perspective.
This game also boasts some expansions with new types of Pokémons and semi-islands, which introduces new side-plots. Overall, Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen are just a more polished version of the original with new elements. This game is an entry in the series that is worth exploring.
- The game has the Features of all the first generation of Pokémons.
- That Includes an expansion with semi-islands.
- It Has additional sub-plots.
2. Pokemon Game for PC: Emerald
Pokémon Emerald is a more polished version of Ruby and Sapphire. This game is also a Game Boy Advance title. The gameplay adds some additional features which were not available in Ruby and Sapphire. The plot is slightly changed for Pokémon Emerald.
This game is a must-play for any ardent Pokémon fans. This game contains the generation three pokémons in all of their glory. The background music of this game is one of the better ones.
- A revamped version of Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire.
- It has Features of generation three of pokémons.
- This game has fantastic background scores.
3. Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire
Although Pokémon Emerald is an updated version with better visuals, most people would argue the original is still the most authentic experience. This game is an excellent entry in the franchise. It introduces 135 brand new types of pokémons as well as new abilities and natures. This game is also a Game Boy Advance title.
Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire featured a new battle mode known as the “Double Battles”. Overall it depends on the player’s mindset whether or not to opt for the original version. Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire is an excellent entry in the franchise that has a lot to offer.
- The game introduces 135 types of new Pokémon.
- Features a new battle mode called “Double Battles”.
- It Contains new abilities and natures.
4. Pokémon Black and White
Pokémon Black and White were released on the Nintendo DS. This pokémon game is an essential mark on the series. While it may appear to be just another Pokémon game, it has many new improvements. Unlike other Pokémon games, Pokémon Black and White has a much more fleshed out narrative-driven plot.
The higher graphical capabilities of the DS helped the game to boast some severe visuals not seen on the previous generations of consoles. The game also features new battle methods which compel the players to use a more strategic approach. This game also has man interactive puzzles.
- This game has better visuals than previously mentioned Pokémon titles.
- It has features of a more story-driven plot.
- It contains a plethora of new pokémons.
5. Pokemon Game for PC – Yellow
Pokémon Yellow is an updated version of Pokémon Red and Blue. This game is also a Game Boy title. Unlike the original, this game gives you Pikachu as your starter Pokémon very much reminiscent of the original tv series. In terms of gameplay, it is very similar to Red and Blue.
This game has got slight tweaks to be more similar to its anime counterpart. Even certain characters present in the game are very much like those that are in the animated series. Having a Pokémon follow you around throughout the game is another striking aspect of the game.
- This game is more similar to the original tv series.
- Incorporates a Pokémon that follows the player around.
- It Has surprisingly harder difficulty.
6. Kirby’s Adventure
Kirby’s Adventure is a 2D platformer released on the NES. Right of the bat, this game looks fantastic for an NES title. The second outing of this spherical protagonist is as glorious as its first. This game is comparatively large with seven worlds with several levels, not to mention the bonus games throughout.
This game is very reminiscent of the Kirby games on the Game Boy. The standard Kirby gameplay is present here. Incredible power-ups and the ability to devour your enemy whole to absorb their power always make fun.
- The game Contains seven worlds and several bonus games.
- One of the most visually outstanding NES games.
- This game has fantastic level designs and fun gameplay.
7. Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver
Another Pokémon game, Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver is the remake of t Pokémon Gold and Silver. Pokémon Gold and Silver was released on the Game Boy Color. Released on the Nintendo DS Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver features updated visuals.
The gameplay follows the typical Pokémon RPG game genre. Like many other Pokémon games, this one features a fantastic soundtrack. The inclusion of sub-games works as additional content. This game also has some features of Pokémon Crystal.
- This game has improved 3D visuals.
- It features a fantastic soundtrack.
- A high entry point to the franchise.
8. Pokémon Diamond and Pearl
These Pokémon games were released on the Nintendo DS. Pokémon Diamond and Pearl game introduced the generation four pokémons to the players. These games have some of the best evolutions in the entire franchise. Unlike most other Pokémon games, Pokémon Diamond and Pearl try to pay more attention to the game’s story.
The gameplay is diverse, as you can choose to battle confident gym leaders out of order. This game increases the replayability of these games. The games also have some of the most memorable characters.
- This game features the generation 4 pokémons.
- It focuses more on the story.
- It has beautiful visuals.
9. Pokemon Game for PC-Crystal
Pokémon Crystal was released on the Game Boy Color. This video game is an updated version of Pokémon Gold and Silver. It features the generation of two pokémons. The game is very much similar to the original Pokémon Gold and Silver but features improved visuals.
This version also includes some additional features such as the ability to choose the sex of the player. Unlike the original Pokémon, Crystal contains many animated sprites, which makes for better gameplay experience. The addition of the battle tower makes this version superior in many aspects.
- Features updated visuals.
- This game contains the generation of two pokémons.
- It Contains many additional features.
10. Pokémon Gold and Silver
Pokémon Gold and Silver are considered not only one of the best entries of the franchise but also one of the best sequels in all of gaming. The sequel to the original Red and Green, Pokémon Gold and Silver are crucial points in the franchise. These games are the entry point to generation two of pokémons.
Pokémon Gold and Silver added many new features such as a day and night cycle and Pokémon breeding. These games featured better graphics than the previous game. They also had a much more balanced battle mechanics. Released on the Game Boy Color, these games had multiple colors that made the game much more vibrant.
- Features a day and night cycle which impacts the gameplay.
- These games introduced the feature of Pokémon breeding.
- It contains the generation two of pokémons.
11. Pokémon X and Y
Pokémon X and Y is practically an improved Pokémon game in every single aspect. Released on the Nintendo 3DS, these games feature beautiful 3D graphics. Pokémon X and Y focus much more on the multiplayer and the connective aspects of the game.
These installments in the sixth generation of Pokémon games introduced avatar and Pokémon customizations. The general gameplay remains mostly the same, but with slight tweaks and improvements, it feels much more intuitive.
- It has features of fully-fledged 3D graphics.
- Features customizable avatars and pokémons.
- These games focus much more on the multiplayer aspects.
12. Dragon Ball Z Supersonic Warriors
Dragon Ball Z Supersonic Warriors is another best Pokemon game for PC. Released on the GBA, Dragon Ball Z Supersonic Warriors manages to capture the original spirit of Dragon Ball Z. With a roster full of notable characters from DBZ and voice acting from the original cast of the series, this game is sure to satisfy every significant DBZ fan.
Dragon Ball Z Supersonic Warriors is a 2D fighting game with fast-paced action gameplay very much like the anime. The sprites of the game look authentic to the source material. The game contains a simple yet fun combat mechanic.
- A faithful video game adaptation of Dragon Ball Z.
- It Contains a robust roster of characters.
- The game Contains simple yet fun gameplay mechanics.
13. Pokémon Black 2 and White 2
Sequels to the previously featured Pokémon Black and White, these games pack new content. The visuals mostly remain the same as the original. Released later on in the DS’s life cycle, these games can utilize the 3D graphics far better.
Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 are a part of the fifth generation of Pokémon. These games are a continuation of the original title with new characters and story arcs. In terms of gameplay mechanics, the game features four distinct seasons, which also impacts the playthrough.
- The game has features of four distinct seasons.
- It Contains improved 3D visuals.
- This game is part of the fifth generation of pokémons.
14. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team and Red Rescue Team
Unlike most other Pokémon titles on this list, these particular titles are spin-offs of the Pokémon series. These two games are paired entries. Blue Rescue Team was released on the Game Boy Advance while the Red Rescue Team was released on the Nintendo DS.
These games feature a unique premise. The protagonists mysteriously wake up to find themselves turned into pokémons. The gameplay is somewhat repetitive, with multiple playthroughs of the same dungeons. Overall, this is a unique Pokémon game that everyone should experience.
- These combo games are the first spinoff Pokémon titles.
- Let’s players play as a Pokémon.
15. Pokemon Game for PC-Red and Blue
Pokémon Red and Blue are the first installments in one of the most dominant franchises of all time. This Nintendo IP took the world by storm and revolutionized the RPG genre. Although we have already featured remastered versions of these games, most people would argue Pokémon Red and Blue are far more authentic.
These games featured Pokémon trading, which made it far more interactive and engaging. This game features simple visuals yet engaging gameplay. The unique Pokémon designs and powers made catching them so much addictive.
- These games are the first entry in the franchise.
- It Contains the original 151 pokémons.
- It features a fantastic soundtrack.
16. Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
These games are the enhanced version of the original Pokémon Sun and Moon. Released on the Nintendo 3DS, this version adds certain tweaks to improve the gameplay experience. This version of the game also contains some additional features, such as the Mantine Surf.
The most exciting addition to this game is undoubtedly the ability to travel in between pocket dimensions with the inclusion of Ultra Wormholes. All these additions make Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon a must play.
- These games feature new Ultra Beasts.
- It Features additional gameplay features like the Mantine Surf.
- It features beautiful 3D visuals.
17. Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
These are the remakes of the original Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire. Released on the Nintendo 3DS, these games have come a long way from the GBA. These remakes remain faithful to the originals while updating the visuals with 3D graphics.
Nintendo 3DS has a lot of Pokémon games in its library, among which Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire is one of the better ones. This game also has most of the features of X and Y. This is a Pokémon game that all fans should enjoy.
- These are the remakes of the original Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire.
- It Contains improved 3D visuals.
- It Retains many features from Pokémon X and Y.
18. Pokémon Sun and Moon
It almost seems like this list is crowded with Pokémon titles, but it is for a good reason. Pokémon Sun and Moon are one of the latest original entries in the franchise. Released on the Nintendo 3DS, this original entry respects the rich legacy of the franchise while putting a fresh new coat of paint.
Pokémon Sun and Moon introduced many new gameplay features such as the island challenge. This game also has a more appropriate character proportion. The game features fully 3D graphics.
- This game has full 3D graphics.
- It has many mini-games.
- It Contains the all-new island challenge feature.
19. Grand Theft Auto Advance
One of the hand few GTA games on a Nintendo platform, Grand Theft Auto Advance, brings the original top-down open-world gameplay of the original Grand Theft Auto to the Game Boy Advance. One of the most obscure GTA title to ever exist. This game takes place within the Liberty Cities and serves as the prequel to GTA 3.
Due to the GBA’s limited graphical capabilities, Grand Theft Auto Advance did not feature any cut scenes or pedestrian voice-overs. These were replaced by text dialogues and hand-drawn pictures of the character. The overall gameplay is very much reminiscent of the first two GTA games.
- This game is an obscure GTA title.
- It has Features the original top-down gameplay from the first two GTA titles.
- It serves as a prequel to GTA 3.
20. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island
The glorious sequel to the outstanding Super Mario World, this game left marks on Nintendo forever. Truly one of the most innovative platforming games ever crafted, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island holds up just as well as it did back then. The beautiful art style and sprites still look amazing.
Just like any other Nintendo platformers, this game has amazing level designs and tight controls. The beautifully composed music box-like soundtrack elevates the game to a whole new different level.
- It has amazing hand-drawn visuals.
- It Explores the origin of Mario and Luigi.
- The Game Contains an amazingly composed soundtrack.
You may face difficulties to play pokemon game for pc. So, do not waste your time. There are a lot of gaming recommendations on our site. As a gamer, you will get both Android and Windows games on our website. Please do not forget to share the Pokemon with your friends.