Most modern gamers like to play cloud gaming. It allows them to play high-quality games without having any powerful gaming hardware. It reduces the hardware cost and ensures better performance. However, many of us don’t know the benefits of cloud gaming services. Moreover, there are a lot of cloud platforms where you can play games without any remarkable hardware.
What are Cloud Gaming Services?
The gaming services of the cloud are an online cloud server-based gaming solution on a subscription basis and a blessing of cloud computing. The gamer does not need a high-configuration hardware device or gaming PC. All the heavy lifting will be done in the clouds.
Video games, like cloud gaming, are a part of our culture. There is no doubt that cloud gaming platforms have replaced traditional video gaming. The outcome of investment in online gaming services like the cloud is 100 times higher than that of conventional desktop-based video games because the advertiser can show live advertisements and apply business intelligence software to read the pulse of online gamers.
It is slowly taking the gaming world by storm. Cloud gaming platforms are going to replace the traditional PC gaming system. One of the most significant issues with the best free cloud gaming for PCs is reducing the hardware purchasing cost, like infrastructure as a service (IaaS).
What is Streaming Video Games?
Streaming video games means transmitting a video game to a PC or mobile device as an essential instead of downloading and installing the entire game. The benefit of streaming video games is that the games can be picked up on another machine and continued where the gamer stopped.
The streamers live stream their video gameplay, either by hobby or profession. It has become a widespread practice since the mid-2010s. By the year 2014, HBO had introduced this service.
Professional steamers often combine entertaining commentary with high-level video play to earn money from sponsors through donations or subscriptions. But the armor spends a long time competing with professionals.
How Does Cloud Gaming Work?
Think of playing a game on your PC but on a powerful, faraway computer. That computer sends you game videos. You send commands, like jumping. The far computer listens and sends back new videos. You play and watch on the Internet. So, a weak PC can play intense games. A good net is vital for smooth play. It’s like a friend far away playing for you super fast!
Cloud Gaming vs. Traditional Gaming
Both cloud gaming and traditional gaming have advantages and drawbacks, and their choice depends on individual preferences and circumstances.
|Aspect||Cloud Gaming||Traditional Gaming|
|Hardware||Relies on remote servers for processing.||Requires powerful local hardware.|
|Accessibility||It can be played on various devices.||You are limited to specific gaming systems.|
|Installation||No downloads or installations are needed.||Games often need to be installed.|
|Internet Dependence||High-speed Internet is required for streaming.||Not as reliant on internet quality.|
|Graphics Quality||The quality depends on the internet connection.||Graphics depend on local hardware.|
|Latency||It may have latency due to streaming.||Generally lower latency for local play.|
|Game Library||Offers access to a wide range of games.||It is limited to games compatible with the system.|
|Updates||Games can be updated remotely.||Updates may require manual downloads.|
|Multiplayer||It supports online multiplayer.||It supports local and online multiplayer.|
|Portability||You can play games on different devices.||It is limited to the system it’s installed on.|
Best 23 Free Cloud Gaming Platforms
I have studied all the cloud console providers. They are the best, particularly in different sectors. For example, GeForce Now is famous for realistic graphics. Parsec offers 60 FPS UHD. NVIDIA provides a smooth gaming experience with high resolution. Vortex saves you from buying costly hardware. So, find the best options in each particular field:
1. PlayStation Now
PlayStation Now, a game platform, has 500+ games. You can stream or download it on PS4 or PC. The monthly £12.99 fee gives unlimited access. New games have been added and partnered with Sony, available in 12 countries: Austria, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Switzerland, the Netherlands, the UK, and the USA.
Salient Features of PS Now
- PlayStation’s subscription is $9.99 monthly. Access PS4, PS3, and PS2 games.
- PS5 pricing isn’t confirmed yet.
- Get hundreds of titles on demand.
- Over 800 games from older consoles. New games are added monthly.
- Play online with friends.
- 720p gaming resolution.
2. GeForce Now
GeForce Now is another virtual gaming service by which you can stream video games online. It has already turned its hade towards its beautiful graphics and attractive performance. These cloud games are versatile, with ample graphics, horsepower, and supreme video quality.
GeForce is such an account that enables all of your devices to play streaming video games online by a single account. It is available on MAC PC, Windows, and Shield. Now, you can play any PC game on your low-performance desktop or laptop without an upgrade or external GPU. GeForce NOW supports Windows 7 of 64-bit or better, so you can practice cloud gaming today.
- GeForce Now, a renowned virtual gaming service, is accessible to all gamers.
- Play games in just three steps: create an account, download the app, and link your library.
- Elevate your cloud gaming experience to new heights.
- Connect your preferred store and access an extensive game library on GeForce Now.
- Automatically save your best gaming moments and easily share them on social media.
- Join GeForce Now for free, and later opt to upgrade your membership.
- Note: It doesn’t support all regions; consider using a VPN to bypass this limitation.
3. Parsec Cloud-based Gaming Services
Parsec simplifies cloud gaming, available anywhere. Install it on any cloud gaming machine to enhance performance. It offers gaming PCs in its Cloud Gaming Open Market, enabling gaming anytime, anywhere with friends. Play preferred games with low latency at 60 frames per second. Join two devices to play cloud games from any location on any equipment. Utilizing screen-sharing technology elevates the gaming experience, providing a new dimension to cloud gaming.
Parsec prioritizes security, limiting access to shared gaming services without a separate gaming VPN. Parsec recommends Windows 10/Server 2016, Intel Core i5 or better CPU, Intel HD 520/NVIDIA GTX 950/AMD Radeon RX 470 or better GPU, and 8GB DDR3 memory. Windows 7 is not supported; hybrid graphics are needed for laptop users.
Some Awesome Features of Parsec Gaming Service
- Parsec innovates gaming: multiplayer couch play high-performance remote access at 60 FPS.
- Seamless sharing across devices, lag-free gaming, and no subscriptions.
- Matchmaking for local multiplayer, limitless possibilities.
- Affordable, limitless cloud gaming experience.
4. Boosteroid Free cloud gaming platforms
Boosteroid, a web-based cloud gaming service, leverages remote server power to run high-end games via browsers like Google Chrome, Opera, and more. It streams gameplay from remote computers to devices over the internet, offering Windows, Android, and Android TV apps for low-end devices. Users access owned Steam and EGS games. At €9.89/month, it grants access to AAA, AA, and indie titles. The €49.89/year Ultimate plan offers unlimited sessions, 1080p/60fps gameplay, and adaptive bitrate tech, requiring a stable 15 Mbps connection.
Boosteroid supports continuous play, custom saves, and session transfers between devices. With servers in 9 locations and plans to expand to North America and LATAM by 2021 end, Boosteroid debuted in 2019, excelling with powerful server performance.
- Boosteroid enables gaming on low-end devices via browsers, Windows, Android, or Android TV apps (beta).
- Unlimited sessions with instant play and no server queues.
- Offers hundreds of AAA, AA, and indie titles and access to owned Steam, EGS games.
- Custom cloud saves and controller support provided.
- The annual subscription, at €49.89 (€4.16/month), is the market’s most affordable.
- Rapid customer support responds in under a minute.
- Unifying games from various launchers, Boosteroid expands from Europe to NA and LATAM soon.
Playkey.net’s free cloud gaming platform lets you play top-rated games from your PC. Key cloud gaming technology lets you play games immediately without downloads and installations.
It is available to even a low-end laptop. Playkey.net offers more than 250 cloud video games. The process of Playkey involves transmitting user comments, and the signal is sent to the Playkey server. Finally, the user receives only a video stream.
- Playkey’s online gaming has a powerful server and advanced graphics and runs smoothly on low-end PCs.
- Subscribers access resource-intensive games thanks to continuous server upgrades and optimizations.
- 80 times cheaper subscription.
- Compatible with low-space computers; needs 10 Mbps internet for play, can achieve 60 fps with faster internet.
- Ethernet advised over old Wi-Fi routers. Offers diverse game library.
- One of the cheapest cloud gaming options, offering a free 20-minute trial.
- 1.5GHZ processor, 1 GB RAM, with Windows 7, 8, 10, Mac OS 10.8,
- It uses Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB i7, 4 Cores, 3.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM.
6. Shadow Virtual Gaming Service
Shadow is a superb high-end gaming PC that is reachable from multiple devices. It offers a high gaming performance forever. Shadow is another of the best online gaming services that will always provide all the power you would get from a high-end gaming computer. It usually tackles the new games’ release at max settings. This cloud game provides the freedom to Play on almost anything.
You must turn a laptop, Mac, smartphone, tablet, or 5-year-old PC into Shadow with the Application. Then, the device will be a portal to your Shadow. Shadow’s machinery is improved regularly (at no additional cost) and never needs affluent maintenance. Dissimilar to a physical PC, Shadow stays with high performance.
- With the Shadow gaming console, you can play any game or software on your TV, Mac, and Windows PC.
- Shadow is unavailable in all countries, so you need access to the Gaming VPN service.
- It is accessible on any platform with high-end performance.
- It is designed to run the most demanding games and software. You can get support up to 144Hz in Full HD and 60Hz in 4K UHD.
- You can play Call of Duty Cloud Gaming smoothly with this console.
Paperspace’s newly introduced GPU-powered virtual machines apply for Nvidia’s Pascal cards. While the service is more attentive to cloud computing and machine learning, it is also one of the players performing in the cloud gaming marketplace. Paperspace is the first cloud built for the future.
It empowers next-generation bids and cloud Machine learning/Artificial intelligence pipelines. For your information, it is a fully managed enterprise GPU cloud platform for desktops, terminals, and servers.
- Paperspace is one of the best intelligent applications gaming services for next-generation workflows.
- Sign up for this gaming console with a GitHub or Google account.
- You can create a Paperspace account for free.
- Paperspace supports a lot of games like Cloud Gaming Call of Duty.
- It is the effortless infrastructure of deep learning, data science, and machine learning.
- Paperspace has a partnership with Parsec and offers a high-quality gaming service.
- Moreover, it is one of the cheapest cloud gaming.
Vortex cloud-streaming gaming is a highly demanding online game based on the cloud server. You can easily download and play vortex cloud games. It is a real-time, multi-user-based gaming service. Vortex has more than 100 games to play. It supports PCs, Laptops, Android devices, or iOS. The required configuration of a vortex is not so high.
It supports Windows very well. Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, Totally Accurate Battlegrounds, Fortnite Battle Royale, Doom, Soccer Manager 2018, Realm Royale, and No Man’s Sky are the top most popular streaming video games of a vortex.
- Vortex is one of the best cloud computing gaming users for new users.
- The customization of Vortex Cloud games is handy.
- You will get 50 hours of gaming experience for $9.99.
- It supports any good browser to play the Game.
- It is a multiplatform gaming service.
- There is no recommended hardware for the gaming service.
LiquidSky is another standard cloud-based free gaming service. Its alarming fact is that it has hourly limits, often discouraging some gamers. Its finest option is the 25-hour selection, with seven days of storing determination, and you can get that for $10.
Monthly payment starts at $19.99 and originates with 80 hours of game time. LiquidSky doesn’t arise with a gaming archive. But you can enjoy any game that you possess for the service.
By LiquidSky, you can access any of your game libraries like Blizzard, Steam, Origin, and more to download games you already own. You can treat your LiquidSky SkyComputer just like a brand-new Personal Computer.
- LiquidSky Gaming supports AAA Windows games.
- It lets us stream it in full HD, 120FPS, and ultra-low latency.
- It was introduced in a college dorm room in 2015.
- LiquidSky enables gamers to access high-quality video streaming, an open catalog of games, and seamless updates.
- It provides up to a 1080p, 120FPS video up to a 1080p, 120FPS video
- LiquidSky Cloud game does not require any download.
- The user also can upload any game made for LiquidSky.
10. Microsoft Azure Cloud Games
Microsoft Azure Cloud Games is another platform for the cloud games lover. It focuses on cloud tools for managing, building, and supporting services and applications. The cloud service has also moved into the cloud gaming market, and though it isn’t widespread yet, we’re sure that it will rise to become one of the top players very soon.
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Games allows you to build global gaming experiences.
- You can quickly scale up and down your needs.
- Suitable for playing Call of Duty Cloud Gaming
- You can trust the gaming service for security.
- Customizing the Microsoft Azure Cloud Games as per your requirement is straightforward.
11. Jump Free cloud gaming platform
If we compare Jump with others, we can call it one of the best top 10 cloud gaming services. It is an on-demand video game subscription service with an enriched library of all the cloud games. The focusing parts of this gaming console are high-quality Indies, unique features, and mind-blowing sound quality. With this HyperJump technology, you will get the best gaming service in this gaming console.
With a subscription of $4.99 per month, the user can get access to the library for more than 60 games. Each month, they add 10 more games. The company’s purpose is to create high-quality and independent gaming experiences. Since 2015, this premium cloud gaming has led the independent gaming industry.
- The Jump can deliver AAA games, but indie is their mission.
- The purpose of the company is to invest more from the revenue.
- This software is platform agnostic.
- Jump required a minimum of 15 Mbps internet connection.
- It streams from a jump server.
- At present, it has more than 100 indie games.
- The maximum display output is 1080p 60fps.
12. Project Xcloud Game
Project Xcloud is a popular platform for playing games on your mobile phone and tablet. You will get more than 50 Cloud Games on this streaming console. You need not download the Game or own the console to see the preview. This gaming service will provide you with a new adventure experience.
What you need to play the Cloud Game
- This free virtual gaming service for Android needs version 6.0 or higher, Bluetooth version 4.0+
- Compatible Xbox Wireless Controller with Bluetooth with Android Phone
- For internet connection: mobile data connection 10Mbps down/ 5GHz wifi
- Xbox Game Streaming App
- A Microsoft account to register
Work Process of Project Xcloud
You have to register for the Game. They will send you a verification mail. After your verification, you will get the Xbox Game Streaming (Preview) app. Now, you need to Pair your Xbox Wireless Controller. Finally, play and share your feedback with Project Xcloud.
What Game can you Play on Project Xcloud?
- Devil May Cry 5
- Tekken 7
- Gears 5
- Forza Horizon 4 and many more
13. Blacknut Cloud Gaming Services
Blacknut aims to make gaming accessible to everyone through its cloud-based service. At just $12.99 per month, it offers affordable gaming without long-term commitments or the need for a gaming console. Play from anywhere on various devices like Smart TVs, computers, and mobile phones.
Blacknut is highly versatile, supporting multiple platforms, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, Amazon, and Smart TVs. Take advantage of occasional promo codes and the flexibility to cancel anytime, ensuring worry-free gaming without concerns about pricing.
- Blacknut is a fast-streaming video cloud game.
- It offers more than 360 games to play on your TV, laptop, and mobile device.
- All types of games you can play, like a cloud gaming Call of Duty with Blacknut.
- You can play online save games.
- No storage space is required to play the Game.
- There is no in-app purchase.
- You can play the Game with up to 5 friends.
- It is highly committed to privacy and security.
14. Google Stadia Free Cloud Gaming
Google Stadia, a top PC gaming service, streams in 4K resolution and needs high-speed internet. Accessible on various devices like Android, Chrome, Chromecast, and computers, it’s distinct from Netflix but aims to integrate with YouTube. Competing with Sony’s PlayStation Now, Nvidia’s GeForce Now, and Microsoft’s Project xCloud, Stadia requires no extra hardware, just Google Chrome and good internet. With Google’s vast resources, it’s a major player in cloud gaming. We’ll illustrate bandwidth and quality through a Wikipedia image.
What are the most popular games on Google Stadia?
We have given a review of 12 Google Stadia Games. Some of the popular games are Assassin’s Creed Revelation, Destiny 2, Mortal Kombat 11, Call of Duty Cloud Gaming, Crysis 2, Portal 2, Batman – Arkham City, Battlefield 3, The Elder Scrolls 5- Skyrim and Limbo.
- Stadia’s cloud hardware initially uses a custom Intel x86 processor clocked at 2.7 GHz,
- It has AVX2 and 9.5 megabytes of L2+L3 cache.
- Initially, it was released for 14 countries: Belgium, Canada, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- You can use the Gaming VPN Service if your country does not support Google Stadia.
15. Steam Link Online Gaming Services
Steam Link is the best platform to extend your Steam gaming experience. It allows you to play games on Mobile phones, computers, and Smart TVs. Steam Link is free of charge. There is no download charge for this Game. Bluetooth is the most recommended controller for this Game. You can control the other devices with Bluetooth.
Essential Features of Steam Link
- You can play games on Steam Link on Desktop, Smart TV, and Mobile Apps.
- Steam Link is free of charge.
- It is available on Google Play, App Store, and Raspberry Pi.
16. Rainway Cloud Gaming Platform
Rainway is a popular cloud game streaming service. An internet connection allows you to play games on Windows 10. The beta version was first released in 2018. After that, they released stable updates frequently.
- Rainway Cloud Game allows you to play smarter on your favorite gaming screen.
- Not playing PC games is completed, so they recommend using an internet gaming service.
- At the Rainway Dashboard, you will get all types of games.
- Rainway is easy to install, play, and enjoy the gaming service.
- It is easy to jump from your desktop because Rainway supports iOS, Android, Mac, TV, Linux, and Browser.
- There is no additional purchase or advertisement on the Railway gaming service.
- Rainway is committed to your privacy, and it is highly secured.
- Moreover, it is one of the cheapest cloud gaming.
17. HP Omen Game Stream
HP Omen Game Stream is another online PC gaming service popular with Adventure lovers. It allows you to stream your gaming experience with TV. It is a remote gaming service that is compatible with Windows 10.
HP Omen Game Stream has an easy-to-use interface to get the gaming service quickly. You will get your favorite and recently played games with a single click. It ensures authorized access, so there is no doubt of security. Before starting the Game, you can test your internet speed for a smooth gaming connection.
HP Omen Game Stream is available only on the OMEN model. They are planning to have backward compatibility. There are only three steps to start the Game.
HP Omen Game Stream Steps
- Step 1: You need to open the OMEN command center app. Sign in to the Stream.
- Step: With the Game Controller, Download the ViGem Driver
- Step 3: Form another Windows 10 PC and enjoy the Game.
18. Remotr Virtual Services for Gaming
Remote gaming service is a popular platform that supports Android, iOS, and Windows 10. This gaming platform allows you to play the cloud game from anywhere, like dating, coffee shops, or the washroom. It is the best platform for Co-op gaming. It does not matter what you have, like a big screen, phone, TV, or computer. The platform allows everything to play the Game.
- Remotr is highly effective for Co-op gaming.
- You can play the Remotr Game from anywhere.
- The awesome gamepad will support you in playing big.
- You can control the Game on the screen.
- It allows you to play many games like Call of Duty Cloud Gaming.
- You can play the game on any network.
- Moreover, it is one of the cheapest cloud gaming.
19. Best Cloud Gaming Services Netboom
Netboom is an excellent platform for playing PC games on mobile cloud gaming. Just turn your mobile gaming console to play the best cloud PC games. You can play instantly on your mobile phone. It is an accessible and affordable game for anyone. You can explore infinite PC games on your phone.
- Netboom does not require any download or installation. It is always ready with the latest version.
- Netboom allows you to run any game on your mobile phone.
- It offers a high-end gaming platform.
20. Moonlight Free Cloud Gaming
Moonlight is the open-source Nvidia game stream client. With this Game, you will get access from any device like a PC, Smartphone, or Smart TV. It is an open-source gaming stream protocol of Nvidia. It allows you to play games from a remote location. Moonlight is for Windows, macOS, Linux, Steam Link devices, ChromeOS to Stream to ChromeOS laptops, and Android.
- Moonlight allows Streaming at up to 4K resolution.
- It supports various games, including the Cloud Gaming Call of Duty.
- It supports 120 FPS streaming.
- With the help of the Moonlight Internet Hosting Tool, you can run the Game on your cloud gaming server.
- It supports multiple client platforms like Android devices, iOS devices, PS Vita, Raspberry Pi, Apple TV, PC or Mac, and Chromebook.
- The community, not a company, runs it, so it is free.
21. Amazon Cloud Gaming Platform: Project Tempo
Amazon always thinks about the home entertainment of users. So they wanted to invest in a big budget called Project Tempo. It will be their long-rumored online gaming service. Amazon has two excellent games, Crucible and The New World. Crucible is a big-budget sci-fi shooter game that focuses on competitive online gaming.
New World is a multiplayer game, but Amazon will release an earlier version. According to the NY Times, the games resulted from a 100-million-dollar investment. After the release of this Game, Project Tempo will be the best competitor of Microsoft Project xCloud and Google Stadia.
22. Best Cloud Gaming Services Xbox App
The Xbox App is an excellent way to play games online. Microsoft made it for Windows 10 users in 2019. At first, it was a beta for Windows 10 PCs, but now anyone can download it. With Xbox Game Pass, you can see what your friends are playing and chat with them on your phone, Xbox, or computer. To play, have the latest Windows 10 and the Xbox beta app. There are many excellent games to check out, and if you can’t decide, there’s a “surprise me” option that suggests games you haven’t tried yet.
- The Xbox App on Windows 10 offers offline gaming capabilities and access to a variety of free games.
- Users can enjoy Windows 10 and Xbox One games with an Xbox Pass.
- This cloud gaming app allows users to engage in live chats through the activity feed, enhancing social interaction with friends.
- Certain games and apps enable second-screen integration via the Xbox App, displaying additional content.
- Users can utilize the app as a remote control for their console and access the PC version of the Game DVR.
- Additionally, the app provides a convenient library display for installed games on the device.
23. Huawei gaming platform Tencent
Huawei is another big company producing mobile phones but investing in a gaming platform called Tencent. This Chinese company focuses on artificial intelligence. The requirement of Tencent’s cloud game is shallow. But, it would be best to have a high-speed internet connection to get satisfaction.
Equipment for Live Streaming Video Games
- To play cloud games, you need not require any high-configuration PC, but for streaming video games, you need the following configuration:
- An Intel Core i5-4670 or an AMD (Advanced Micro Devices) processing unit with equal ability
- Windows 7 Home Premium or later
- 8GB of RAM
- A graphics card running DirectX 10 or above
Pros and Cons of Cloud Gaming
|Pros of Cloud Gaming||Cons of Cloud Gaming|
|1. No Expensive Hardware: No need for high-end devices.||1. Internet Dependency: Requires a strong and stable internet connection.|
|2. Accessibility: Play on various devices anywhere.||2. Latency and Lag: Input delay can affect gameplay.|
|3. Convenience: No downloads or installations.||3. Quality Dependence: Visuals rely on internet speed.|
|4. Lower Costs: Reduced hardware expenses.||4. Limited Offline Play: Most games need the Internet.|
|5. Easy Updates: Games are updated on the server.||5. Data Usage: Streaming can consume data.|
|6. Game Library: Access to a wide range of games.||6. Limited Selection: Not all games may be available.|
|7. Multiplayer: Supports online multiplayer.||7. Service Reliability: Server downtime affects play.|
|8. Portability: Play games on different devices.||8. Ownership Concerns: No physical ownership of games.|
|9. Demanding Games: Play demanding games on weaker devices.||9. Cost of Subscription: Monthly fees can add up.|
|10. Future Potential: Constant improvements in technology.||10. Data Security: Privacy and data concerns.|
Many other cloud gaming services exist, such as Ubitus GameCloud, GameFly, Playgiga, Polystream, Gaikai, etc. In our next update, we will try to present a brief study about those cloud gaming platforms. Cloud gaming will capture the future of the gaming industry. Users will use it as a service (GaaS). However, the subscription fee for cloud game streaming is comparatively high for all types of users.