If you are thinking about cloud OS then you can use the free Cloud OS as a test and trial version. In this article, we will discuss the user review of free Cloud OS, its advantage and disadvantage. Cloud OS is such a kind of an operating system used to transfer data from local storage to cloud storage or vice versa.
Cloud OS is the secured type of an operating system that uses an application as a service rather standalone server. Within a browser, you can run the virtual application or operating system. Cloud OS is like traveling inside all computers within a browser caring hardware. Nowadays Cloud operating systems are integrated with IoT OS.
What is Cloud OS?
Cloud OS or cloud-based operating systems is a browser-based OS to works for real-time support. It is designed for visualization in cloud computing. This OS is the combination of several processes of the virtual machine, virtual infrastructure, and server. Sometimes it works like software as a service (SaaS).
The cloud Operating system primarily manages one or more than one virtual machine through the virtual environment. Depending on the virtual environment the function varies from machine to machine. It is very light that can be run over browser even the internet is slow. In this article, I have given 20 examples of cloud operating systems.
The Benefit of Free Cloud Operating Systems
With the facility of cloud storage and various business applications cloud, OS has given the enormous potential to the cloud developer. This cloud-based system enhanced reliability with great functionality. In my last article, I have discussed the advantages of cloud computing. However, I am telling you about some other benefits of Cloud Operating Systems.
Upgradation is Easy
When you use the cloud-based operating system then you need not think about the up-gradation of your operating system. The traditional systems look a long time to upgrade the operating system but in the online operating system every time I will get the latest version of operating systems. There is no need for additional money, time and effort for modernization.
No risk of Viruses
In the traditional operating system, there is a risk of the virus but if you use an online-based operating system there is no risk of virus. since it does not interact with your computer directly so there are less hassle and fare of the virus. It is the headache of cloud service providers to manage cloud antivirus. It has reduced your pain, increase the productive time and gives a tension free life.
Cloud-based online operating systems is highly cost-effective. You have to pay for once to get the service. Moreover the services also user-friendly and cost-friendly. On the other hand, when you use a traditional operating system there are lots of surrounding costs like an anti-virus program, storage cost, and yearly operating system subscription fee. Moreover human need some utility software to keep the PC updated. In the cloud-based operating system, there is no requirement such a big expenditure.
Because of the main reason, your traditional operating system can be slow. The malfunction programs, viruses, low storage capacity, then the slow speed of ram and processor makes your computer slow. But when you use a browser-based operating system you need not think about the high configuration. Just open the browser and act whatever you like.
You may be afraid of the user-friendliness of your cloud-based operating system. But I can assure you it has one of the most user-friendly interfaces for the mass people. You can customize the user interface of your cloud application. So this OS is at your hand. Once you are acquainted you will never leave this operating system.
Best and Free Cloud OS
People usually search for free Cloud OS before purchasing any operating system. In this article, I will recommend some free cloud OS which will be helpful for you. So have a brief idea about free cloud OS:
1. ZeroPC Free Cloud OS
The ZeroPC is a free cloud OS. This ZeroPC has started its journey six years ago with a mission to provide affordable desktop user to anytime anywhere in the world. With a continuous business now they believe they are successful. ZeroPC offers several products:
- Manage Personal Cloud
They offer to connect with cloud securely with all the documents, music, photos and many services under the virtual umbrella by drag and drop facility. They also offer search, discover and share the facility. Besides desktop applications, they offer web, Android and iOS.
- Turn Browser into Desktop ( 100 GB Free Space with a browser)
ZeroPC Cloud desktop has full facilities of online to connect secure ways with popular services like Evernote, Flickr, Dropbox, Google drive and sky drive. The user can create the folder in a local app and drag & drop to the online drive.
- Content Navigator for the cloud
This cloud navigator app will give you easy and secure access to manage and share on-the-go with a single login from any mobile or computer. This cloud app is available on iPad, iPhone, Tablet and Android.
- Access cloud from all your desktop
This free cloud OS product is coming soon. This will allow you to access all of your desktops without going through the browser or any syncing program.
2. Glide OS
Glide OS is developed by Jumptuit. This cloud OS is a cross-platform web desktop notable OS on both desktop OS, like MS Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux and mobile operating systems like Honeycomb, BlackBerry OS, Apple iOS, Google Android and BlackBerry Tablet OS (QNX), WebOS, Symbian, and Windows Mobile. Glide OS is suitable for a variety of web browsers, including Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
SilveOS or Silverlight operating system is a free cloud OS who makes confidence and comfort to transfer files online. In this Silverlight operating system, all the application is installed on a remote server with a facility to use a browser. The user has no pain to install any software and can share, drag and drop.
Beside desktop taskbar, start menu and sidebar it provides facility like File Explorer, Internet Explorer, Video Player, Rich text editor, RSS reader, Notepad, Paint, Twitter client, Flickr viewer, Youtube viewer, Virtual Earth, Chat, Calculator, Games like Chess, Solitaire, Spider and Minesweeper, etc.
SilveOS.com Cloud OS Advantages
- Convenience and freedom
- No more worry about anti-virus, software installation, software update.
- Less prone to typical worms, vulnerabilities, attacks, viruses, spyware and disk crashes.
- Features as themes, wallpapers and user pictures management.
- Efficiency doesn’t depend much on the configuration of your computer.
- More opportunities for communicating and entertainment.
- Cost – It is free.
iSpaces a free, multi-desktop cloud OS. Cloud bases OS is becoming more popular in the present era so people searching free cloud OS. iSpaces is such kinds of free cloud OS.
iSpaces is a free multi-desktop cloud OS that allows working anyone on the web. In your personal computer, all the searched history is saved on your pc by if it is another PC then no data. iSpaces allows you to see all of your histories if you are logged in.
6. Amoeba Free Cloud OS
The general-purpose distributed operating system Amoeba is an advanced cloud OS. It is developed by Andrew S. Tanenbaum and others. The purpose of this machine is to works as one single integrated system. There is no recent release for the last 23 years. It is available in English.
Amoeba is a microkernel-based operating system that offers multithreaded programs. To communicate between threats it works as a remote procedure call (RPC) mechanism. To facilitate this platform The Python programming language is introduced. The other supported platforms are Motorola 68030, NS 32016, i386/i486, MIPS, Sun 3/50 and 3/60, SPARC and, VAX.
- Amoeba OS is based on several
- The user interface and APIs of Amoeba are compliant with the POSIX standard.
- It does not support process migration.
- Without having some kind of machine this OS can be spread around a building on a LAN.
- Amoeba works on four principal components which include Workstations, Pool Processors, Specialized Servers (File server) and Gateways.
- To build an Amoeba cheap system only the i80386 architecture is significant.
- Amoeba machines micro-kernel supports Low level I/O and memory management, Communication between processes or threads, Process and thread (kernel/userspace) management.
7. myGoya Free Cloud OS
The online operating system myGoya is free to use by your desktop and laptop. With the internet, you can access it from anywhere in the world. You also can manage your contract online.
- myGoya is a free online OS.
- No installation is required to use this OS.
- You can use both online and offline versions of OS.
- You will get many other features like e-mail, chat, filesharing, calendar, and an instant messenger.
8. Kohive Free Cloud OS
Kohive is another online and Desktop OS that is used to collaborate with others. This sophisticated online OS facilitates File Storage, communication and collaboration between groups. It usually focuses on cloud applications to empower productivity workflows with new tools. THe Kohive cloud OS is suitable for students, freelancers, and researchers.
- Kohive is an online collaboration tool that has both free and standard service.
- It is as expert as desktop OS.
- The user interface of Kohive is awesome and mind-blowing.
Zimdesk is a cloud-based OS that supports various applications and various features. This OS offers contact manager, custom wallpaper, RSS reader, calendar, mail client and file transfer.
10. Free Cloud OS Ghost
The cloud operating systems Ghost OS is a kernel-based hobby operating system. This open-source OS is currently compatible with the x86 platform.
Ghost is an abbreviated form of Global Hosted Operating Systems. Most of the cloud computing users like this OS. You can use it for personal and business purposes. It offers storage services with security. You can also use it as distributed systems with multiple website channel.
- Ghost is a fully open-source for build and running online applications.
- It is easy to build a ghost blog within a minute.
- This system is based on a microkernel with multitasking and symmetric multiprocessing.
- The files of your computer can be moved smoothly from hard disk to cloud with editing facilities online.
- It is one of the best file sharing system where you can share by like from a cellular device.
- You can upload a type of data and you can edit from any Android browser.
- It is very easy to use with its file management system.
11. Joli OS (Discontinued)
Joli OS is a cloud operating system which was developed for recycled and notebook computer. It had more than 2 million users around the world. This program’s dad does not get support officially so it has stopped.
Joli OS had a multi-system with a user-friendly cross-platform web developing environment. This multi-user enabled platform could work independently. It had more than 15000 applications over 15 years.
12. Cloudo Cloud OS
Cloudo is the perfect example of cloud computing to get momentum. It is the virtual operating system that was started by the 5 men team of Sweden. Cloudo is supported by advertisement and revenue sharing programs. To get support from Cloudo you can use its chat service or mail.
- The user interface of Cloudo is beautiful with all modern and transparent features.
- You will get one-click access to frequently used applications.
- By pressing F11 you can see the full screen of Cloudo in Mozilla Firefox.
- It is still in the testing phase.
- Recently it has integrated the third party Application.
- It takes only 20 seconds to install the application by a single click.
13. xOS IDE
xOS is one of the best cloud-based operating systems that offer a framework for operationalizing a set of disaggregated services. This model-based platform is utilized for controlling, composing and assembling service. It is a control panel of several backend services. xOS helps to implement container-based micro-services, SDN-based control programs, and VM-hosted VNFs.
xOS is an integral part of Central Office Re-architected as a Datacenter (CORD). In order to make effective data center CORD leverages NFV, SDN and, Cloud technologies. It integrates multiple open source projects to create innovative solutions. So it is considered as Everything as a service (Class).
- xOs manage both hardware and software resources.
- It is an attraction of infrastructure as a service cloud structure to uphold structure.
- xOS has wonderful features like a text editor, browser, notes calendar games file manager, etc.
14. Startforce OS
Startforce OS is a web-based visualization solution. Now, it’s assets are bought by Zero PC. It is a mind-blowing cloud operating system for safely browse and storage. Though it is not widely used but has some appeals to cloud computing users.
15. Corneli OS
Corneli OS is an open-source, experimental and multiuser Perl framework for the web development environment. This web-based cloud operating system runs on the top of a host system. This cross-platform is Linux or UNIX type operating systems.
Corneli OS offers its services through HTML and XHTML over the web. So without any installation on your local PC, you will get the full support of cloud computing. This Cloud OS is available in English.
- Corneli OS is a web-based application framework.
- The user Review of Corneli OS is satisfactory.
16. Lucid Desktop CloudOS
Lucid Desktop is one of the best cloud operating systems which is also known as WebOS, Web Desktop, Web Operating Systems. This open-source web OS is licensed under the AFL. It will allow you a portable online workspace to play media, store files, and manage your offline documents. The purpose of this Cloud operating service is to provide an application platform to integrate seamlessly on the web. You can use it for desktop or mobile phone.
- Lucid Desktop Cloud OS is licensed under an academic free license (AFL).
- It supports the English language.
- The intended audience of this OS is advanced end-users, developers and end-users.
- The user interface is web-based.
- And the database environment is PHP Pear:: DB.
17. Zendesk Cloud Operating Service
USA based cloud customer service software company zendesk also offers operating systems. It is a public limited company and listed in New York stock exchange. It is also cloud-based customer service and ticketing software that can be used as customer relationship management software.
- Zendesk is one of the best cloud services software.
- It is a browser-based application.
- It is a paid application.
- You can integrate it with CRM software.
- It gives enough freedom to the built application as per your requirement.
18. Windows4all Free CloudOS
Windows4all is a Silverlight based online virtual operating system that is also popular as WebOS and Cloud OS. This application is a website that simulates operating systems with any good web browsers. It replicates the desktop environment and allows a familiar work environment of any cloud operating system.
- Windows4all cloud operating system offers wide dimensional features as like another traditional operating system.
- It allows for various cloud gaming service.
- You can enjoy calculator, chat, virtual earth, Twitter client, paint and notepad application.
- The common application like notepad editor, rich text editor, video player, file explorer, and Internet explorer are the same as this application.
- No more administration is required for this operating system. Even you do not need any antivirus application.
- The performance of this operating system does not depend on the configuration of your laptop or PC.
- It is less prone to typical attacks like spyware, viruses, and worms.
- The cost is free.
19. Cloudstack Free Cloud OS
Cloudstack is one of the most popular and useful clouds based open source web operating system. It is designed to manage and deploy the largest network of VM. This operating system is considered one of the greatest infrastructure as a service (IaaS).
- Cloudstack is used by most of the cloud computing service providers.
- The user interface of this application is the first class.
- It supports various hypervisors like VMware, KVM, Citrix XenServer, Oracle VM server and Microsoft Hyper V.
20. Piston CloudOS
Piston CloudOS is one of the best-operating systems that office multiple frameworks and Eid orchestration tools. It is an operating system for a modern data center that transforms a cluster of a community server. More than 100 companies using this operating system of the cloud platform.
- Piston CloudOS allows customers to monitor, adjust and optimize data center resources.
- It was allowed to relocate resources to multiple frameworks.
- This CloudOS allows enabling pushbutton deployment for Hadoop, Spark, and open park.
Cloud OS is easy to use secured service for the implementation of cloud computing. Since the browser is the key requirement besides desktop or mobile-based application so you do not require to bother about the computer configuration. One day you will find people are shifting towards cloud operation systems from the traditional OS.