Email is one of the most common methods of communication in today’s day in age. Most official communication is via email; everyone has some vital email or document in their Inbox.
Have you ever emptied your trash and realized you immediately deleted an essential email you needed? Well, you are not the only one who has suffered this. Permanently deleting emails by accident is ubiquitous. And the most frustrating matter is that there is no backup option to retrieve the emails from Google’s data server. So, when the email is deleted, it’s usually lost forever.
That is why it is good to have backup software to be on the safe side. We have provided a list of some of the best email backup software that will help you to safeguard your email even after you delete it. Those are very easy to use and efficient. We have included free and paid email backing-up software for your convenience.
The Best Email Backup Software
All of us want to back up our critical data. It will be more helpful if we back up our important emails. This article will show the best 20 practical ways to preserve your mail.
1. Stellar Mail Backup
Price: 15 days free trial, USD 39.00/ 1 Year.
Stellar Mail Backup is your all-in-one email backing-up companion that can back up all your emails, notes, tasks, and contacts. It is fully compatible with all major email platforms, from Outlook to old Windows mail. The software provides the best-in-class backup system with an easy-to-use interface. It can also help you to perform differential backups and multiple profile backups.
- It provides a comprehensive backup for all your items (calendar, signature, notes, tasks, and emails).
- It ensures an incremental backup of your changes since the last full Backup.
- You can schedule a time to back up your data automatically.
- It also can restore selective emails.
- You can use password protection to secure your data.
2. AOMEI Backupper
Price: Free, 30 days free trial for the professional version ($49.95).
AOMEI Backupper from AOMEI Technology is a well-established system for securely backing up all your emails and data. It is functional Gmail backup software and can also backup emails from other email service providers.
AOMEI Backupper provides a powerful backup, restoration, and cloning solution suitable for your needs. The simple and effective interface of the software makes it easy to use. You can navigate the interface with just a few clicks. AOMEI Backupper is reliable software to securely back up your emails, tasks, and notes.
- You can customize the backup options like full, differential, and incremental Backup.
- You can quickly restore and clone your data.
- It also works as an image deployment tool.
- Multiple backup storage devices such as external HDD, flash drive, network share, NAS, and clouds are available.
3. SysTools Email Backup
Price: $29.00/ lifetime.
SysTools Email Backup is a powerful, user-friendly email backup software that keeps all your emails safe. We recommend SysTools Email Backup for Hotmail and Gmail backup as its primary focus is on these providers.
You can back up your email and contacts, Callender, and tasks on your PC efficiently with SysTools Email Backup. After you have backed up your emails, you can filter the emails and restore only the emails you want. You don’t have to restore all data to your important file.
- It is effortless to use to back up your data.
- You can save backup data locally or on the cloud.
- SysTools Email Backup is handy for Hotmail and Gmail backup.
4. Handy Backup
Handy Backup is a multipurpose backup provider so that you can safely back up all your data. It is used for backing up files, folders, emails, HDDs, and other things without backing up the entire system. Handy Backup is the best tool for those who want to back up their files securely. It uses 128-bit encryption to protect the user’s data.
You can use Handy Backup to save your data on local storage, flash drive, cloud, external network device, and FT servers. DropBox Google Drive or OneDrive can also be used as backup storage. It is free to use the tool to check out Handy Backup.
- Handy Backup has an easy-to-use, user-friendly interface.
- You can use multiple storage mediums to save your backup files.
- It is a secured system with 128-bit encryption.
- It supports all popular email clients from Gmail to Thunderbird and many more.
5. Ashampoo Backup Pro 15
Price: Free, USD 24.99.
Ashampoo Backup Pro 15 is powered by an optimized backup engine that provides the best cloud-based mail backup solution. This premium software has made email backup easy as the Hotmail backup tool. You can use it to back up your files, emails, and PC hard drives. It has backup support for Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, and Office 365. It has a free as well as a paid version.
- You can easily and quickly view your backed-up files without restoring them.
- Ashampoo Backup Pro 15 can run unintrusively without interrupting your daily tasks.
- You can back up your data on any device, e.g., hard drives, USB flash drives, network drives, or the cloud.
- You can set automatic backups suitable to your backup devices.
6. Mailstore Home
Mailstore Home is free email backup software on Windows and Mac OS. You can use this tool to back up emails from multiple accounts. So the data is well-protected and encrypted. The data is stored in an easily searchable archive. Mailstore Home can back up your email to hard drives and USB drives. It is a great app that you can use to prevent your emails from permanently getting deleted.
- You can back up multiple accounts.
- With Mailstore Home, you can back up your data externally or internally.
- It offers Backup for all email clients.
- You can use the easy search menu to look for your email quickly.
7. KLS Mail Backup
KLS Mail Backup is a reliable tool to back up emails from Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook, and others. It can back up different types of email messages. It is a free tool to download. The interface is clean and easy to use. It can also help you to back up bookmarks, calendars, contacts, and other vital data. In addition, you can use external storage devices and the cloud to back up the data.
- It saves data in zip files for archiving emails.
- KLS Mail Backup is compatible with Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook, Thunderbird, Windows Mail, and other email service providers.
8. Gmvault: Gmail Backup
Gmvault: Gmail Backup is a great backup software specializing in backing up email from Gmail. It is available for free to download and use. It saves all data securely so that your precious data is always protected. Gmvault Gmail Backup is highly customizable. It doesn’t use a database to store the files, so accessing and relocating emails is easier.
- Gmvault Gmail Backup is a cross-platform software.
- You can back up multiple Gmail accounts with this tool.
- It runs through the command-line interface.
- The data are encrypted to ensure maximum security.
9. Spin Backup
Price: Free, Cloud-to-Cloud Backup for Google Apps- $3/ Year, Backup & Cybersecurity for Google Apps- $5/ month.
Spin backup is a highly recommended backup software for emails, Google Drive, Google Photos, contacts, and tasks. It is a complete backup solution for your Google account. Your systems are checked for vulnerability to protect you from a data breach. The data are well protected with Spin backup. It provides unlimited data bandwidth for Backup.
- Spin Backup is the all-in-one app to back up your Google resources.
- It has 2 step verifications to protect your data.
- The paid version of the app lets you back up four accounts at a time.
10. Upsafe Gmail Backup
Upsafe Gmail Backup is a free Gmail backup email software. It provides many high-end features that most other software does not provide. Upsafe is a great tool to back up and restore your email from your account. It works as the best Office 365 email backup tool. You can schedule your backups or manually do it. Overall it is an excellent freeware to back up data.
- Upsafe Gmail Backup keeps a complete record of your Backup.
- You get notifications for your emails.
- You can set the backup schedule to automatic or manual.
- It has support for backing up Office 365.
- You can use it to back up data to the cloud.
Price: Free, Pro version at $6.
MailBird is a client that will help you manage all your email accounts. It lets you handle multiple accounts simultaneously, so you don’t have to use different apps. MailBird works like your email server and backups all your emails. It has a beautiful and customizable interface.
MailBird lets you sync all your accounts and keep track of them. You can also back up your calendar, tasks, and contacts with MailBird. It is free, and you can also purchase a pro version for more options.
- MailBird works as a hub for all of your email accounts.
- It helps you to back up all your emails safely.
Are you looking for a tool to sync and save your emails automatically? IFTTT is free-to-use software that can handle that for you and more. This software can save emails and email attachments to Google Drive or any other cloud platform you select. In addition, IFTTT is software that can connect all your apps and accounts.
- IFTTT lets you connect all your apps and software.
- You can use it to download email attachments without restoring the actual email.
- It is free-to-use software with multiple uses.
13. Save and Backup My Emails
Price: 100 emails back up free. Upgrade for only $4.99 per month.
Save and Backup My Emails is a Google Chrome extension cloudHQ offers as a free Gmail backup tool. It helps you to label, share, back up, and collaborate your emails quickly. You can use Save and Backup, My Emails extension, to keep track of your emails and save them in different formats (MS Excel, MS Word, PDF, etc.).
With just 3 small steps, you can back up your emails. It works even if you change your email client and let you browse through your previous email account.
- Save and Backup My Emails is a free-to-use Chrome extension that is easy to use.
- It works with all major email clients.
- You can access your emails even if it is hacked or deleted with it.
14. Google Takeout
Google Takeout is a specially designed app for Google products to create backups. It is designed and offered by Google. This tool can back up Gmail and Google Drive, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Google Photos.
Google Takeout is easy to use. You must go to the site and select the Google products you want to back up. Then proceed to start the backup process.
- Google Takeout only works for Google products.
- It offers the option to back up all Google products with a single click.
Price: Free & USD 99. oo for a lifetime (2 Computers).
Bitrecover is valuable software to back up all your emails and data. It can back up from 90+ cloud services to DOC, HTML, PDF, EML, MBOX, NSF, and more. Another exciting thing is that it backs up the emails while maintaining their properties like From, To, Cc, Bcc, subject, etc. You can download the backup files to any cloud or PC storage directly. It is a cross-platform software, meaning you can use Bitrecover on Windows and Mac OS.
- Bitrecover is a tool that can back email and save it in many different formats.
- It maintains the properties of an email while saving it.
- You can use the batch option to download or delete the backup files.
16. CubexSoft All-Mail Backup
Price: Free & USD 99. oo for a lifetime (2 Computers).
CubexSoft All-Mail Backup provides the best premium features to back up all your emails. This software can easily back up emails from over 30 webmail sources. It also maintains all the email properties, like subject, headers, and attachments. In addition, you can use this tool to save your emails in different formats.
CubexSoft All-Mail Backup has a simple GUI to back your data on the cloud or other external storage devices. It maintains a clear folder hierarchy during the backup process. CubexSoft is supported only on the Windows Operating system.
17. Email Backup Wizard
Price: Free & USD 99. oo for a lifetime (2 Computers).
Email Backup Wizard provides a solution for backing up your email data on the cloud and downloading them to device storage. It is software that provides premium services for free. You can try the premium version to unlock more options. The premium version has a 30-day money-back guarantee if you don’t want to continue.
Email Backup Wizard can connect multiple accounts. You can export emails from cloud to local or cloud to cloud. The security is top of the class, and your data is always protected. It maintains a 100% Accurate On-disk System Folder Hierarchy. So you don’t have to search for a specific email aimlessly. It also keeps all the metadata and properties of every email. Email Backup Wizard is available for both Windows and Mac OS.
18. Amic Email Backup
Amic Email Backup will create backup copies of your emails and other necessary data. It is a free mail backup solution. Amic stores all data in a compressed file for convenience and saves space. It works with all email clients. The interface of Amic Email Backup is user-friendly. It is designed for Windows OS only.
19. Adolix Email Backup
Price: 15-day free trial, USD 36.95.
Adolix Email Backup is a powerful tool that instantly back up your emails using Outlook Express, Microsoft Outlook, Incredimail, or Eudora. This software works with these clients only. It will backup emails, account settings, folders, signatures, and address books.
Adolix Email Backup has a scheduler to set automated Backup. So you can back up all your emails without manually doing it. It stores data on the cloud, or you can use device storage. You can use it to save data to remote FTP too.
20. Beyond Inbox
Beyond Inbox gives you control of your email inbox. It is perfect for Gmail and IMAP emails. With Beyond Inbox, you can keep your Inbox clean and organized while safely backing up emails. You can back up files in “open file format” or split them into small individual files. It only takes a single click to back up all your data. The interface is straightforward. “drag and drop” from the file system to restore your backups.
If you ask me which one is the best email backup software, I’ll say Stellar Mail Backup or AOMEI. But other backup software on this list is also great. They each have their pros and cons. It is up to you to choose the one that meets your needs. Let us know which one of these email backup tools is perfect for you in the comments. Share the article with your friends and help spread the knowledge.