We live in a world where there is no end to our worries. We constantly worry about studies, careers, paying bills, and even taking care of our loved ones. Life gets more complicated as we grow older. With so much going on around us and in our lives, it is hard to get enough nap time to rejuvenate ourselves. This is where sleep tracker apps can help us.
Many are familiar with the Fitbit tracking products. Fitbit products are great to track our ZZZs. But there is no harm in knowing other options as alternatives. In this article, we will share our top Fitbit Sleep Tracker Apps Alternatives with you so you can live a healthier life.
What is a Sleep Tracker App?
Sleep tracking applications monitor and analyze your movements, behaviors, and any noises you make in your slumber. You then get a detailed report of this analysis to understand the quality of your ZZZs. You will also learn how much time you have spent in REM sleep and the number of times you have been disturbed in your slumber.
What is a Fitbit Sleep Tracker?
A Fitbit sleep tracker is used as a wearable device. Its popularity as a tracking device has been increasing since 2007. The Fitbit tracker enables us to monitor our movements in our slumber. We will be informed of our slumber duration, heart rate condition, and breathing states, and even be reminded of our bedtimes and wake-up times. The Fitbit tracker features heart rate and movement sensors to provide accurate data to us.
Why do I need a Fitbit Alternative?
Android apps have equally as good features as Fitbit tracking devices do. A Fitbit product or an application will require you to spend some cash to access its service. At the same time, many Fitbit alternatives will offer you their basic tracking features for free. Some apps are entirely free for you to use. It can be bothersome to constantly have a wearable device hanging from your body when napping. Downloading alternative apps is probably the best option. All you need to do is start the app and place it near your bedside—no need for wearable devices.
How Beneficial is it to Use a Sleep Tracking Android App?
The main aim of these apps is to help you to avoid insomnia and improve your slumber quality. Better slumber means better rest for your body. If you are getting a good rest, then that improves your overall health. Good health leads to good performance in day-to-day activities. You will be informed of your familiar bedtime habits and sleep patterns. When you know that these bad habits are affecting your slumber, you will change your lifestyle. You will try to maximize your nap hours for a healthier and happier life.
Let us see how these applications work:
- Bedtime Movements
The app will record your movements in your slumber and determine what slumber state you are in. We tend to move more in our early slumber stages and less in the later ones. With the help of an accelerometer, our androids will monitor our movements, gravitational force, and acceleration.
- Bedtime Sounds and Heart Rate
Many apps have a microphone that can record your snores or other external noises that interfere with your slumber. This can help you to know if you have any breathing problems or be aware of any external disturbances.
Some apps with wearable devices can also monitor your heart rate to provide more in-depth information on your ZZZs. When we are in deep slumber, our blood pressure level decreases, and our heart rate slows. These fluctuations can be measured using a monitoring Android application.
Monitoring applications make you aware of bad habits that negatively affect your peace at night or even during daytime naps. Movement trackers provide you with precise data on how your night went. Were you snoring heavily or had breathing problems? Was your partner or any other external noise bothering you in your slumber? Was the room temperature not right? All these questions can be answered by the app and presented to you in graphs and statistics. You will realize something is wrong and need to fix it.
- Smart Clock Alarms
Smart clock alarms are a common feature in these tracking applications. The alarms know when you are in a light slumber and are ready to be woken up. You will be notified with some gentle alarm noises that it is time to rise.
Best 20 Fitbit Sleep Tracker Apps Alternative
There are many monitoring apps to choose from that are great alternatives to Fitbit tracking applications. Here, we will list these alternatives with fantastic features to track our slumber.
1. Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock
Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock is one of the leading apps to give you that stress-free slumber you have always wanted. The app has an impressive number of users in over 150 countries, with over 75% of users witnessing an improved slumber habit and more than 48 million people calling this application the best one in its field.
The application will observe you from when you close your eyes to when you open them. Their smart clock will provide a detailed analysis of your movements and your nap styles and find the optimal time to wake you up at your lightest resting phase. You can use this advanced software application to learn more about your health and improve it. You only need to keep your Android charged and near your bed.
- Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock uses unique techniques to provide a well-analyzed report.
- With accurate reports and analytics, you better understand and fix your insomnia problems.
- The smart alarm will wake you up when you exactly need E.g.refreshed.
- A snore recorder can record your snores so that you have better slumbers.
- Some free features are: providing analysis using an accelerometer, good choices of alarm sounds, and statistics and graphs of your slumbers.
- You can benefit from the following features of a Premium subscription: comparison of your data with world statistics, keeping your snoring history records, soothing music, and relaxing stories to help you relax while you close your eyes, note-keeping to help you identify what activities can disrupt your slumber and online backups so that you can save your reports online.
2. Sleep Tracker
Sleep Tracker says by its name; it tracks your bedtime patterns. The application helps you determine the quality of your short and long naps. It records the time you have been resting and observes how you have been resting. The data it provides about yourself is straightforward to comprehend and can inform you of any problems that could lead to insomnia.
- Sleep trackers can help those with insomnia by observing their bedtime habits.
- It has a simple user interface, so anyone can easily use the app.
- You get accurate data so that you can learn more about your health
- The report is presented professionally so you can discuss it with your doctor.
3. Sleep Time
Sleep Time is one of the best sleep trackers on the market. After using this, you will feel a good health change. Thanks to this app, you will wake up energized and calm after having proper rest. There is an alarm clock that knows when to wake you up to get you ready for the rest of the day. Put your Android under your pillow and enjoy the app’s benefits.
- Sleep Time detects your movements when you nap and provides a detailed report on them.
- The app has soothing alarm sounds and lullabies to make you feel calm and relaxed.
- You can use the app to note down any dreams or nightmares, or bedtime habits you have.
- You can also view your history and graphs based on these REM cycles.
4. Sleep as Android
Sleep as Android helps you have a pleasant morning every day after you wake up from your slumber. It records and analyses your nap styles with advanced sensors, ensuring a well-rested night. The application comes with a two-week free trial; you can get the full version after a lifetime purchase.
- Sleep as Android provides the scores that can help you determine the quality and duration of your naps.
- The app can show any irregularity or deficit you might have as you take naps.
- Gentle alarm sounds and many soothing playlists will help you rest better.
- You can also get access to online music to add to your playlists.
- The app also features CAPTCHA alarm-like verifications to prevent you from oversleeping. These can be phone shaking, sheep counting, bathroom QR codes, etc.
- With this application, you can also record your snoring and track your respiration.
5. Sleep Recorder
Sleep Recorder is another excellent alternative to Fitbit sleep trackers. It can provide accurate reports on your daily naps, how deep you are in your REM cycle, and even if you snore or talk in your slumber. The application uses its accelerator and microphone to record motions and sounds the entire night. This helps the app understand the phases and cycles you go through in your dreamland.
- A Sleep Recorder is a recorder that keeps track of your slumber stages. You can record your snoring sounds and dream-talking with this app.
- The application also features soothing music to get you to slumber.
- When you are in slumber mode, the app will make charts for visual analysis.
- The app will help you create an effective nap routine for yourself.
- They provide a supportive customer service team who quickly reply to your needs.
6. Sleep Tracker – Analyze Sleep Cycle and Quality
Sleep Tracker will significantly help you if you have insomnia. With its effective slumber logs and analysis, the app can record your REM cycles to determine the quality of your slumber. There are also logs on Circadian Rhythm and other factors that could cause insomnia. So check out this application to learn more about your health.
- Sleep Tracker allows you to have nap sessions with a proper bed and wake-up times.
- Factors such as prolonged computer usage, alcohol, caffeine, etc., can be tracked down as possible reasons to cause you insomnia.
- The app features note-keeping to help you keep track of your habits in these slumber logs.
- The Premium Medication feature in this app will tell you whether the medication is negatively affecting your slumber.
PrimeNap is one of the best free sleep tracker apps with many good features to offer its users. It is not only a tracker but also a snore detector and a dream journal. It can fix any problem you may have when trying to take a quick nap or a long one at night. An intelligent alarm will wake you up at the optimum time so that you feel fully recharged to start your day.
The application will record your movements and try correlating them with the slumber stages of polysomnography. PrimeNap will keep these movements in the app’s log to provide accurate information about your naps’ quality.
- PrimeNap acts as a tracker, a dream journal, an intelligent alarm clock, and a snore detector when you are in your slumber.
- It provides a detailed analysis to understand your habits better and help fix insomnia.
- The app features a dim screen that does not put too much pressure on your eyes.
- It has a simple and easy-to-use interface.
8. Sleep Monitor
Sleep Monitor will monitor your REM slumber cycles to ensure you rest in good condition. It also has an intelligent alarm clock that tells you when you should go to bed and wake up. The application creates a complete nap routine for you so that you rest on time. You must keep your Android phone fully charged and put it under your pillow for accurate results.
- Sleep Monitor will be providing weekly and monthly statistics so that you can develop better habits.
- The application comes in more than 20 languages.
- The free version lets you save 7 records on Android, while the pro version saves about 30 recent records. These records let you quickly notice changes or improvements in your nap styles.
- You can record your snores and dream talks at night.
- Use this application to note down any old or new habits you have developed that have affected your slumber. E.g., drinking too much coffee due to work pressure.
9. Mintal Tracker
Mental Tracker is a simple sleep tracker app that can help you have a quality slumber and make your mornings pleasant. It observes your nap styles and keeps records to understand and make necessary changes in your life habits. This app is your friend and thinks about your overall well-being. Check out this app if you do not want to wake up tired and cranky.
- Mental Tracker offers a 3-day free trial to test this and see if you want to use it long-term.
- The smart alarm clock will wake you when you slumber in your light stage.
- The app observes and makes reports on your pattern and cycles during bedtime.
- The premium version offers to record snores and dream talks.
- You do not need any wearable devices to enjoy the benefits of this application. Just download the app on your Android and enjoy its features.
10. Sleep Analyzer
Sleep Analyzer monitors and analyzes your bedtime patterns and movements. You do not have to worry about getting insomnia because this application has all the solutions to your problems. Its features are simple, and you can be easily used. Your mornings will be better, and you won’t feel tired anymore. Turn your Android into an intelligent device by installing this app.
- Sleep Analyzer presents a clear graphical representation of your data, statistics, and movement history.
- It features an intelligent alarm clock that knows when to wake you up and get you started with the day.
- It has a simple resolution that is good for the eyes” health.
- You can share your data with your friends and family on social media.
11. Sleep Tracker: Sleep Cycle & Snore Recorder
Sleep Tracker will help you to rest appropriately and relax more. This app can get you to bed quickly and monitor your bedtime movements. It provides all the necessary data to identify what causes insomnia and will try to fix it so you can rest more peacefully.
- Sleep Tracker features soothing music to help you have a more relaxed bedtime experience.
- Detailed reports inform you about your nap style, whether you snore or dream talk.
- The app observes your bedtime movements and identifies any irregularities in your slumber.
- Its alarm clock will smoothly wake you up so you can start your day nicely.
12. Sleep Monitor – Sleep Talk Recorder
Sleep Monitor app is another monitoring application to help you have a more relaxing bedtime experience. It observes your movements during nighttime so that you know where you are going wrong in your slumber. The application provides reports based on a well-designed algorithm so that you can receive better advice from experts on optimizing your naps and leading a healthier lifestyle.
- Sleep Monitor uses an effective microphone to record your movements during nap times.
- A clear and detailed graphical representation of your data gives you a better idea of your bedtime habits and patterns.
- Innovative alarm clocks are musical, so you wake up more relaxed and calmer.
- Develop your daily routine with the help of this application.
13. Sleep Theory
Sleep Theory uses a meditative approach to put its users in a calm state of mind during their bedtime. Use your Android phone to monitor your movements in your slumber from night to morning. It will be easy for you to get into deep slumbers as you listen to the melodic music in this app. This sleep tracker app also works as a great meditation app.
- Sleep Theory uses intelligent reminders to remind you when to go to bed and wake up.
- The application has a warm light night screen to protect your eyes from harmful light wavelengths.
- The application has a friendly user interface and some pretty widgets.
- Get daily reports on your nap styles.
- Listen to beautiful melodies like classical, piano, etc., to put you into a relaxing mood.
- Bedtime stories are also available for its users.
- You can access their meditation guides to cure your anxiety and depression.
Sleeptracker has to be used with hardware for it to function fully. It is compatible with specific companies’y’s devices on its official page. Which means it is a companion to Android wearable apps. With one of these compatible devices, the application can turn your bed into a bright one. This application has everything to get you into a more fit and stress-free lifestyle, from monitoring your bedtime movements to observing your heart rate. It comes with a 1-month free trial and a subscription of 1 year costing $29.99.
**THIS IS NOT A STANDALONE APP. THIS APP WILL NOT FUNCTION WITHOUT HARDWARE.
- Sleeptracker provides a detailed graphical representation of your data that is easy to understand.
- It accurately analyzes your REM slumber cycles whether you are in the light, deep slumber, or even awake.
- It records the number of times you woke up during the night.
- The application measures your heart rate and respiration rate.
- It also observes and records the time you take to go into a deep slumber.
15. Sleep Debt Tracker – Automatic
Sleep Debt Tracker automatically can determine whether or not you are awake. It is a great motivator to create a comfortable atmosphere for relaxing and taking naps. It will automatically calculate and decide when you should go to bed for proper rest. This is the best free sleep tracker app for students who hardly get time to rest during exams. This application will show you how to make time for naps with its correct calculations of bedtimes.
- Sleep Debt Tracker Pro version will show no ads and has many colored alarm widgets.
- The app automatically slumbers detections and calculations of your bedtimes.
- It uses less than 1% of your Android’s battery charge daily.
- The application lets you turn off your chat notifications with its “Do Not Disturb” feature so that the notification noises do not disturb you during bedtime.
- The application does not emit intense radiation and works even if you keep your Android on flight mode or turn off the phone.
16. Simple Sleep Tracker
Simple Sleep Tracker is straightforward in its approach. It has a few compelling features to ensure you get your peaceful slumber at the right time.
- Simple Sleep Tracker keeps records of your naps.
- It stores your data, including the previous ones so that you can view them later.
- The application can inform you of the average daily time to stay asleep.
- Up-to-date reports and statistics on your slumber will inform you of your bedtime habits and overall health.
Sleepy is an intelligent application that notes bedtime movements and habits and provides precise analysis. With the help of the application, you will develop healthy habits. You will get into a routine where you rest correctly, improving your everyday performance.
- Sleepy observes, analyses, and provides you with reports about your slumber, slumber cycles, and even some recommendations to help you get better naps.
- You can create your journal to take notes or write down the dreams that can help you better understand your nap patterns.
- Record your snores with the app’s snore recorder.
- The Premium version keeps records of any sound you make while napping, and you can also enjoy the application without any ads.
18. Sleep Calculator
Sleep Calculator ensures you go to bed at the right time and feel refreshed. This sleep tracker app will arrange a fixed bedtime for you to have at least 5 to 6 complete sleep cycles necessary for a good night’s rest.
- Sleep Calculator can select an appropriate time for you to go to bed and get up.
- You will be given reminders of your bedtime.
- Accurate analysis and reports give you a clear idea of your nap styles.
- The application also features snoring or a noise detector that you can use at night.
- The intelligent clock will wake you up gently with its light, sound alarms.
19. SleepWell: Sleep Cycles Calculator
SleepWell will put you into a comfortable deep slumber to not feel dizzy or tired after waking up. This fantastic sleep tracker app will teach you to take proper naps and develop a healthier lifestyle.
- SleepWell calculates the cycles in your naps.
- You can set intelligent alarms to wake you up gently at the right time.
- Overcome fatigue and get a pleasant long slumber peacefully by using this application.
20. Sleepy – Sleep Cycles
Sleepy is a free sleep tracker app that will help you feel and look better when you wake up. Calculations and analysis are done correctly to understand your habits and patterns while you slumber clearly.
- The Sleep app has a simple user interface.
- The app has good content and design that is nice to look at.
- It has simple features and configurations that you can easily use.
- It suggests times to go to bed and get up to develop a healthy routine.
Why do we need to monitor our naps?
Monitoring might be the best way to understand the root cause if you are struggling with insomnia. The applications listed here will record your movements and provide accurate statistics and graphs to understand how you take naps and any patterns or habits that may cause insomnia. When you observe these patterns and habits and note them in your dream journal, you will surely come up with solutions. Some of these applications even suggest some cures to fix insomnia.
How can these applications help me?
The applications have effective sensors that observe and record your bedtime movements and even remind you of your bedtime and rising times. You will then get into a habit of going to bed and waking up at the right time. From the reports provided by these applications, you will learn more about your overall health and how to lead a better life.
Are these applications practical?
These applications are practical, which can be seen from the reviews of millions of users. You can visit their websites to learn more about their features and decide if this is the one you should get.
How much sleep do I need?
An average adult needs about 7-8 hours every night. Teenagers need 8 to 10 hours every night. Preschoolers need about 10 to 13 hours of naps daily, while toddlers need about 11 to 14 hours of naps a day.
There is no surprise why the Fitbit products are getting so much attention. But they are not the only sleep-tracking products in the market. Now you know which Fitbit alternative app to download to satisfy your requirements. We hope you like our list of best sleep trackers. Make sure to pay attention to your health and never skip naps. If you want your body to perform better, you know how important proper rest can be for your health. Enjoy these sleep tracker apps, and let us know in the comment section which one you decided to download and how it has improved your life.