Fortnite is the name of the game that people are getting crazy about. It has more than 120 million players worldwide. And why wouldn’t they? This battle royal, survival game by Epic Games is the most excellent online game of them all. After the first release in July 2017, the game became popular rapidly, and nowadays, every gamer plays this crazy survival game. Today we will dive into the world of Fortnite and know everything about it and How to play Fortnite on every device possible.
What is Fortnite?
Those who don’t know Fortnite is an online survival game offered by Epic Games. This cross-platform game can be played online with random people or friends. It features shooting, hunting, camping, role-playing, and many more things. There are in-game rewards. Overall the game is filled with adventure and lots of action. You can play with many gamers, fight for the victory on a battle royale PVP game, or even get creative and try the sandbox mode like Minecraft.
The game was first released, Fortnite: Save the world, was out on July 25, 2017. The game has won many awards like the 2018 Webby Awards, Famitsu Awards, The Game Awards 2019, and been nominated for some including the 16th British Academy Games Awards.
On Which Devices You Can Play Fortnite?
Fortnite is a cross-platform game. So, you can play it on every device. You can play Fortnite on,
- macOS (currently updates are banned by Apple);
- PlayStation 4;
- Xbox One;
- Nintendo Switch;
- iOS and;
Selecting the Game Modes
Fortnite offers six game modes to its players. By default, the ‘Solo’ mode is selected. Here are the Six game modes,
- Solo: In this mode, you have to battle on your own.
- Duos: You can pair up with a friend and play in Duos mode.
- Squads: You can partner with two or three (maximum total of 4 players).
- 50v50: It is team combat. Join a team of 50 and battle for the victory against the other 50 player team.
- Playground: You can practice with any game weapon in this low-pressure game mode.
- Steady Storm: Get ready for relentless storms to blow you away.
How to play Fortnite on PC (Windows/ Mac OS)?
Open your browser and go to Fornite Website and click on the Buy now button at the bottom of the page. Then select PC/MAC. You will need to create an account or log in to the Epic Games account here. After you log into the account, you will be taken to the Download page. From there, choose Windows or Mac, whichever device you want.
Unfortunately for Mac OS, Apple has terminated the Fortnite game’s ability to be developed for Mac OS. So, the Fortnite version for Mac is stuck on Version 13.40. And you cannot install Fortnite on Mac/ iOS. If you have installed the game previously, you can play it fair.
After you have installed the game on your PC, launch the game. Remember to have a live internet connection all time during the gameplay. Choose the game mode and dive into the Fornite’s magical world. This way, you can play Fortnite on PC.
System Requirements for Playing Fortnite on Your PC
|Operating System||Windows 7/8/10 64-bit &
Mac OSX Sierra (10.13.6+)
|Windows 7/8/10 64-bit &
Mac OSX Sierra (10.12.6+)
|RAM||8GB RAM||4GB RAM|
|Processor||Core i5 2.8 GHz||Core i3 2.4 GHz|
|Graphics Card||Nvidia GTX 660 or
AMD Radeon HD 7870 equivalent DX11 GPU
|Intel HD 4000 on PC or
Intel Iris Pro 5200 on Mac
Some in-game Keyboard Shortcut Keys and Mouse Controls
|Use/interact with objects/pick up items||E|
|Fire||Left mouse button|
|Aim down sight||Right mouse button|
|Change weapons||Scroll wheel on the mouse|
|Building slots||F1 through F4|
|Rotate building structure||Shift+ R|
|Change building material||Right mouse button|
How to Play Fortnite on Android
Android devices are the most common platform now. So, it is natural you would like to play the epic games’ Fortnite on Android. To install Fortnite on your Android, go to Samsung Galaxy Store or Epic games. Below we have shown you both of the ways to get the game.
Warning: Be aware that Fortnite is not officially available on Google Play store. So, any game of a similar name on the Play store is a fake. You better not install that.
System Requirements to Play Fortnite on Android
Unlike iPhone OS, Android is a comprehensive platform. You can play Fortnite on any latest Android device. As long as you have Android 8.0 and some decent amount of RAM, you can play Fortnite. Here are the minimum requirements:
- Required Android Version: Android 8.0 or higher.
- RAM: 4GB or more.
- GPU: Adreno 530 or higher, Mali-G71 MP20, Mali-G72 MP12, or higher.
60 frames per second
The following phone models support Fortnite at 60 FPS:
- ASUS ROG Phone II
- Black shark 2
- Honor View20
- Huawei Mate 20 X
- Huawei P30
- Huawei P30 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (USA variant only)
- Samsung Galaxy S10
- Samsung GalaxyS10e
- Samsung GalaxyS10+
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G
- Samsung Galaxy S20
- Samsung Galaxy S20+
- Samsung Galaxy S20 5G
- Samsung Galaxy A90 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
- Sony Xperia 1
- Sony Xperia 5
- OnePlus 7 Pro
- OnePlus 8
- OnePlus 8 Pro
- Xiaomi Mi 9
- Xiaomi Mi 9t pro.
90 frames per second
Currently, only these phones support Fortnite at 90 FPS,
- OnePlus 8
- OnePlus 8 Pro.
How to download Fortnite from Samsung Store (For Samsung phones only)
- First, open the Galaxy Store App on your Samsung mobile. Search for EPIC Games.
- Then, download and install the Epic Games launcher.
- Next, open the Epic Games launcher and search for ‘Fortnite’. When the Fortnite page is visible, click on the INSTALL button to download and install the game on your device. It may ask permission of your storage to download the game.
- After installation, tap on the Fortnite icon on your home screen to launch the game.
- Finally, log in to your Fortnite account or create a new one and play the game.
How to Download Fortnite on Other Android Devices
- Go to the link given below or scan the following QR code to go to the Epic Games app download menu.
- Click on ‘Get it on the Epic Games app’ button.
- To Download the Epic Games app on your mobile, press OK to download and install the app. The notification of new apps may pop up while installing. Permit it to be installed. The app may also ask permission for storage.
- After installation, open the Epic games app from your phone.
- Search for the FORTNITE game and click on the Install button to install the game on your phone.
- After installing Fortnite, click on the game app icon to launch the game.
- Log in to your account or create a new one to play the game.
- And in this way, you can play Fortnite on Android.
How to play Fortnite on PS4
There are two ways of getting Fortnite on your PS4: one is from the PS4, and another is from a website.
- Open ‘Playstation Store’ on your PS4 and search FORTNITE.
- Click on the Download button to begin the download.
- Wait for the download the complete, and after the download, it will automatically take you to the game menu.
- If you have an Epic game, account then log in. Otherwise, you have to create one.
- When the sign-in is completed, you will see the three-game options. They are, Save the World, Battle Royale, and Creative.
- Choose any option you like, and the game will start.
Play From Web Browser
- Click on the link below, click on the “Add to Cart” button.
- After that, you will be asked to create an account. If you already have an account, then simply sign in.
- Next, confirm purchase and click on the DOWNLOAD LIST to download the game to your PS4. Here, you will need to log in to your PS4 and install the game on PS4.
- Next, launch the game. You have to sign in to your epic games account to continue.
- Now you can enjoy Fortnite on your PS4.
How to Play Fortnite on Nintendo Switch
You can download Fortnite from the Nintendo eShop for free. So, there is no need to buy a physical copy from the stores. You don’t even get a cartridge on the physical copy. Here is the process of how you can install and play Fortnite on Nintendo Switch.
- Turn on your Nintendo Switch and log in to your Switch account.
- Open the Nintendo e-shop. (it is the orange bag like icon).
- Choose the Search from the left corner and search for ‘FORTNITE’. Click on Fortnite when it is visible on the search result.
- Click the ‘Free Download’ button. You will be shown a confirmation screen. Click on Free Download again to continue.
- Select close from the description of your purchase menu.
- Now return to your home menu. You will see the Fortnite game icon there. It is now downloading. You can see the download progress bar at the bottom of the image.
- When the progress bar is gone, click on the icon to start the game.
- You will be shown a user agreement. Click Accept to play the game.
How to play Fortnite on Xbox One
You can download Fortnite on your PC from Microsoft store (Link given below) or your Xbox Console.
- Switch on your Xbox One console and connect it to the internet. Then log into your Xbox Live account if you are not already logged in.
- Press Right Button (RB) on your controller to go to the Xbox dashboard’s Store tab.
- Now, highlight the search menu with your controller and press A.
- Type Fortnite on the search bar.
- Highlight the Fortnite icon when it is visible and press A to select.
- Next, highlight the GET tab and press A to select. It will take some time to download.
- When the game is downloaded, the GT button will change to INSTALL.
- Highlight the Install tab and press A to install the game on Xbox One.
- After installation, you will need to link your Epic Games account to play the game finally.
How to Play Fortnite on iPhone/ iPad
Apple has currently blocked Fortnite from developing any updates and install on the iOS devices. So you can not officially play Fortnite on your Apple devices.
But if you have already installed it previously (version 13.40 ), you can continue to play it. But there won’t be any updates available.
Do I have to pay to play Fortnite?
No, you can download Fortnite from any of the official methods for free. But you might have to pay if you purchase anything in the game or want to buy any passes. There is a store in the Fortnite game where you can buy different items to play the game. They do not sell any items that will give a player competitive advantages.
Do you need an Internet connection to play Fortnite?
Yes. You must have a stable live internet connection to play Fortnite smoothly.
What is a Battle Royale game?
Battle royale games are such survival games where several players go against each other to secure the victory. It is the last person standing kind of game. You can say this type of game is a massively multiplayer game.
Some popular Battle Royale games are Fortnite, Freefire, Players Unknown Battle Ground (PUBG), etc.
What is Battle pass?
When you are in the Fortnite lobby, you may encounter some tabs across the top of the screen, and one of them says “Battle Pass”. Entering here, a player can gain experience rewards and complete specific game tasks or in-game challenges through the Fortnite Battle Royal season.
What do I need to play Fortnite?
To play the Fortnite, you don’t need a lot of stuff. A good PC, PlayStation, or a Fortnite supported smartphone is enough. But if you ask, what do I need to play Fortnite as a pro? Then the answer is different.
If you are really into the game, then you might consider having a nice pair of headphones. You must have a great gaming monitor. You should also consider having a gaming desk if you want to live stream too. What I mean is you must have a good game set up to play the game efficiently.
Can I use a keyboard and mouse for Android/ iPhone?
No, you cannot. You will be banned from a match if you use a keyboard or mouse on a mobile device.
Can Bluetooth controllers be used to play Fortnite on Android?
Yes. You can use a Bluetooth controller to play Fortnite on your Android smartphone.
Epic game’s FORTNITE is a legendary online survival game. You can enjoy the epic adventure on all the devices. I hope this guide will help you to install the Fortnite on your device and enjoy the game. Never purchase a pirated copy of the game. Remember, the game is free of cost officially.